Are you kidding me, GAG is really going all down hill from here restriction on how many questions you can answer?

Okay we've had many different changes and restrictions to GAG like before we use to be able to post at least two opinions to a question which honestly I didn't really care about.

Then there's the you can only ask 3 questions every 24 hours or something like that which also doesn't really bother me.

But they gave gone to far with this update! How on earth are you going to tell me that I'm leaving to many opinions in a certain amount of time and restrict me from it... Like ART is that? This is a site where were supposed to give advice and you're going to limit me on helping others?

-WTF is that?

Please tell me how you feel about this and thanks in advance.

Most Helpful Guy

• The "too many opinions in a short amount of time" restriction has been around for a few months now.

I thought it was a site error when that happened to me the first time a few months back!

It's done to prevent people from spamming stupid shit on answers and accumulating un-deserved XPER points.

All u have to do is take a few minutes of a break when u get that "too many opinions" notification, and u can post again. :)

• About how long is a few. minutes because I tried several times after I don't know 10 15 minutes and I still couldn't.

I also found out that there's a restriction on my comments, but at least it's I cab respond now.

• Lol thanks...

• Yeah... either they didn't fix the error or the guy lied it happened it keeps happening.

Most Helpful Girl

• Happened to me yesterday. I had to wait a couple hours. Annoying!

What Guys Said 9

• What's the time limit on this restriction? @girlsaskguys

• Wait to think outside if the box... Now I see why you're my friend lol

• huh... what? i have posted at least 300 opinions today :-P

• Exactly that's why I'm so irritated I normally post a lot maybe not 300 but I'm on here constantly, I guess I just have to slow down I still don't see why though.

• @douride2 about 10 hrs i guess.. i'm very productive XD

• Productive that sounds near impossible. I'm not saying you didn't do it. You would have to find read then answer a question every 90 seconds.

• that would be very sad if it turned out that way!!

• lol just as i had seen you post it happened to me too... i´ve never had it before and i sometimes give a lot of opinions in a row. i guess it´s just a bug, that sometimes happens.

• Most forums have posting limits to prevent spammers.

• That sucks :( they do too many updates on this site.

• It was just another glitch.

• Good :) you scared me I had a glitch too when I asked a question like an hour ago and clicked on recent questions I didn't see my question appear :(

• I didn't know anything about that at all

• wow realy? lots of crazy changes going on!

• Actually its 5 questions you can ask per day.. unless they just changed it back to three.. which will suck cause i love asking questions! :(

• Know you're probably right about it being 5 I use to ask a lot of questions when I first joined GAG then I stopped so I wouldn't really know, but I'm so serious about the leaving opinion limit.

Oh and sorry it took me so long to respond they also out a restriction on my comments.

• Prevents spammers

• Okay well do they have to make the limit so. long it seems like an hour goes by before I can reply again if not longer.

• You also have to remember that they're trying to get back to thousands of people... it's hard to keep up with that kind of thing

• I know and I'm fine with it it's just that you said I should ask for help instead of being a hypocrite so I made you aware that I did.

What Girls Said 6

• I know. I find it really annoying. Like, it's just like Yahoo Answers now.

• Don't feel one way or the other. If stops some 13 year old from asking fifty questions no one cares about it's just fine! Probably why it's there inyhe first place.

• No actually it's not there for that cause I said opinions not questions you can still ask 5 questions a day if you want to.

• I believe I read and just went back and reread your question which states; "then there's theyou can only ask 3 questions in 24 hours or something like that which doesn't really bother me."

It probably limits the responses for the same reason and to stop flame wars.

• Well I was wrong it's 5 questions sorry about that and that's possible but it's not like they block us for the whole day just for about I don't know an hour so. they always just come back and pick right up where they left off.

• Really? I didn't know that.
    Can you explain me this restriction on opinions, please?

• Well I'm a frequent member so I'm on here constantly/multiple times day I respond to a lot of questions and I have no clue why but all of a sudden when I tried to answer a question they said I've answered to many in a small amount of time or something like that.

Then even worse I asked this question I'm happily replying to people and I find out that they also have a restriction on my comments.

I'm able to finally respond now, but I don't see the point in this and I'm afraid to even reply now because I'm pretty sure the same thing is going to happen again.

• No I figured I'd ask about it first they usually end up answering questions about things that have to do with GAG but I probably will if it lasts.

• Okay. I think you should do that.

• how many questions a day is it?

• Never mind it's 5

• Oh I don't know specifically and it's not limiting us the entire day, but I just don't understand why would they limit it all. It said something like I answered to many questions in a small amount of time and I can answer again later.

It also the same thing when I was trying to comment and respond to everyone when I asked this question it said I commented to many times in a small amount of time.

I'm just glad I can reply/answer again but I'm scared that I'm going to get restricted again.

• oh, I have no idea. I've never seen that before.

• haven't noticed

• I replied more than 5 questions...

• Well I guess that's normal I answer many questions a day I just don't understand why would they give a time limit it that we can't respond even. if it's only for a short time.

• I mean i didn't know there is a time limit