Do you read the question AND details before responding?

I read the question first.
If it gets my attention, I will glance at the details.
I don't think I have ever read more than 5 sentences of the details, before formulating my comment/response.
How about you?

• Most of the time I read the question only.
  • Most of the time I read the question and all the details.
  • Most of the time I read the question and just some details.
  • Most time I read the entire question, including all the details.
  • I do D, plus read the comments too.

Most Helpful Guy

• If it isn't one giant block of text or filled with barely legible English , then I will read the entire thing plus I generally read the comments to make sure I'm not completely copying someone else.

I don't think a person's opinion is that valid if they respond without reading the details. I've seen very bizarre, out of place responses where the person clearly only read the initial question.

• Yeah!
      This format can be unwieldy at times.
      I've attempted to comment on an OP only to see it descend to the bottom of the page.
      HHH

What Guys Said 10

• I voted E
    I'd like to gain knowledge & read the question thoroughly so that I'd help the asker. by the way I close the tab if the question is too long without answering.
    If the asker is really in uncomfortable circumstances then I won't mind reading the whole essay and help him/her. :)

• it really depends on how dumb the question title is for me. hahaa

• Bert!
      I have never heard you use the adjective dumb before.
      Are you having a bad hair day?
      HHH

• im kinda doing alright. actually I wanna get started on my HIIT program already but I can't so im kinda bummed.

• if the description is too long i read it briefly, then answer :-P

• Well, the first thing you're gonna see is the question, right?
    Because that's what you click to answer it?
    I always read the explanation in full, otherwise I might comment something completely irrelevant or something offensive based on what I saw and what I didn't.
    It's always best to see the full picture before adding your verdict.
    Once I've commented I see what other people have to say...

• If it's short yes. If it's long I'll either skim, read the comments or just avoid the question altogether.

• There were times when I have read the complete question, the details, the comments and then closed the tab because I couldn't come up with a useful opinion. If there is a poll, I usually see the question, then the poll options before reading the details. Some people just write novels in details. As of them, if the first 4 lines tell nothing interesting, page closed. :)

• I read the question, and I quickly read the details. If the details are paragraphs long with poor formatting, I'm not reading all of that!

• I just glance over it, enough to gather all of the main details needed to answer the question.

• Yeah I read a little bit

• yes, most of the time i do

What Girls Said 10