Do you read the question AND details before responding?

I read the question first.
If it gets my attention, I will glance at the details.
I don't think I have ever read more than 5 sentences of the details, before formulating my comment/response.
How about you?

• Most of the time I read the question only.
  • Most of the time I read the question and all the details.
  • Most of the time I read the question and just some details.
    Vote C
  • Most time I read the entire question, including all the details.
    Vote D
  • I do D, plus read the comments too.
    Vote E

1011

Most Helpful Guy

• If it isn't one giant block of text or filled with barely legible English , then I will read the entire thing plus I generally read the comments to make sure I'm not completely copying someone else.

I don't think a person's opinion is that valid if they respond without reading the details. I've seen very bizarre, out of place responses where the person clearly only read the initial question.

• Yeah!
      This format can be unwieldy at times.
      I've attempted to comment on an OP only to see it descend to the bottom of the page.
      HHH

Sponsored

What Guys Said 10

• I voted E
    I'd like to gain knowledge & read the question thoroughly so that I'd help the asker. by the way I close the tab if the question is too long without answering.
    If the asker is really in uncomfortable circumstances then I won't mind reading the whole essay and help him/her. :)

• Well, the first thing you're gonna see is the question, right?
    Because that's what you click to answer it?
    I always read the explanation in full, otherwise I might comment something completely irrelevant or something offensive based on what I saw and what I didn't.
    It's always best to see the full picture before adding your verdict.
    Once I've commented I see what other people have to say...

• If it's short yes. If it's long I'll either skim, read the comments or just avoid the question altogether.

• it really depends on how dumb the question title is for me. hahaa

• Bert!
      I have never heard you use the adjective dumb before.
      Are you having a bad hair day?
      HHH

• im kinda doing alright. actually I wanna get started on my HIIT program already but I can't so im kinda bummed.

• if the description is too long i read it briefly, then answer :-P

• There were times when I have read the complete question, the details, the comments and then closed the tab because I couldn't come up with a useful opinion. If there is a poll, I usually see the question, then the poll options before reading the details. Some people just write novels in details. As of them, if the first 4 lines tell nothing interesting, page closed. :)

• I read the question, and I quickly read the details. If the details are paragraphs long with poor formatting, I'm not reading all of that!

• I just glance over it, enough to gather all of the main details needed to answer the question.

• Yeah I read a little bit

• yes, most of the time i do

What Girls Said 10