GAG moderation has become so bad?

Some one can call some one else a "fucking idiot" or whatever and the comment doesn't get removed even if you report it

But answers & questions which aren't antagonistic at all get removed for "antagonistic"

WTF is going on?

P. S. I'm not asking about a SPECIFIC post. So I am not going against the guideline "Please DO NOT post Questions/Takes asking why specific posts were removed, as those Questions/Takes will be removed as well."

• GAG moderation has gone bad
  • Always been bad
  • Still good

Most Helpful Girl

• When anything gets reported by regular users, only the admins can see what was reported and they're the ones who actually remove it or put it back up. It's their judgment. Moderators can hide content, but again, we don't know what happens to it after we hide it. That's up to the admins again. And we don't always see everything.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't like censorship.
    You can call me anything you want on here.
    Doesn't bother me one bit.
    You better be good at it though
    Because I have some serious literary teeth.
    HH

• I agree. But whatever I guess. It's always been bad, and it's always been biased. If you report someone who's Xper level 1 for antagonistic behavior, then it'll get removed. If you report someone Xper level 9+ for antagonistic behavior, it'll likely stay up. Not fair.

• Yeah, one of my comments got taken down because I told someone to "fuck off". They were bothering me on MY comment and I wanted them to leave me alone. Sure, I didn't say that in the nicest of words, but I don't think mine should have been removed.

• I totally agree! I've had mundane comments removed; no swear words or insulting anyone, but since they were reported the admins automatically removed them! But then, every single day, I see people posting Q's full of p*rn and cursing people out and acting terribly, and none of their comments get removed :p I'm happy other people noticed though, it's so ridiculous.

• What does antagonistic even mean? To be honest, I really don't know.
    And yes, I agree.

• Ikr? I feel like the gag gestapo is going to show up at my house and take me away for spreading "subversive content" when I get a message like that

• Yeah, I feel the kids are biased too

What Guys Said 7

• Admins can't be everywhere. In order to ensure we see posts that break our rules, you must report it (gray flag) and we'll review the post within 24 hours.
    We do not allow people to speak that way to eat other (your example), we will always remove posts like that.
    Please continue reporting anything you see that violates our guidelines.

• Moderation always gets hate.

• I'm not sure who sees when you report things. Not me. So I'm not surprised it doesn't result in fast action. I think only admins see when users report stuff.

• I think it's getting better, the odd post that really needs removing hangs for longer than it should but over all I would say it's better than was.

• i have had only one opinion removed this month... does this mean i became a good boy? :-P

• Meh. It's kinda always been so so at best. I used to be a moderator here a long time ago but under my original account. I did what was expected of me but that was it. But I know the feeling rather well. Half the stuff that's reported isn't removed, but I do my best to ignore it now even though that's not easy by any means.

• I'm moderated extremely well. When I post something out of line, it gets removed.