Why are some men or women such haters of the opposite sex?

I think its so stupid and immature. Like i think they should just be gay or lesbian or asexual if they hate the opposite sex so much. I see so many men on gag just bashing women saying negative things like we are the worst thing to be created. Like it's so childish to generalize people, and think you know them when you don't...

Some person/s are not reading right. I don't think it's ok going around hating on the opposite sex. And it is hating if you carry a rant about it to tom dick and harry, if you carry anger over it and make assumptions and generalize thousands of persons as a awful person

Most Helpful Guy

• There is a small group of *people* who have, much like any group of prejudice / racism / ethnocentrism, fallen into the bad habit of viewing one gender or other negatively.

I would like you to look at the opposite side of this though. There are so many awesome people on GirlsAskGuys who have deep concern for and insight into the other gender, and I have met so many girls on here that know things about men it sends a shiver down my spine, and there are many guys who also have depth of understanding about girls. These are really great people and I'm glad to see them on here.

I know its cliche, but "haters are gonna hate" =-) They are not interested in opening their minds or spending their time productively. You just got to ignore them and hope these dregs don't have children. Most actually won't :)

• you are so right. There are some great men and women on this sight. I consider myself one of them. I am glad to know that not all people are ignorant and bitter.

• He's really not right. If you spend your life ignoring everyone and just assuming they're a hater and writing them off because they aren't kissing your ass, then you're probably the problem. People are allowed to actually disagree with you without just being a hater... in fact, that term in and of itself is dismissive and really does imply that you believe they are the whole problem. It's closed-minded, and I wouldn't expect any less out of the generation that produced YOLO as well

• umm MAX he didn't say don't be friends with someone who doesn't agree with you, what from what he said makes you think that? I just won't be friends who go around bashing a person whether man or woman making assumptions. Who said someone has to kiss our ass? where the heck you got that assumption from? I think people are allowed to be however they wanna be but doesn't mean i have to tolerate hateful persons.

What Guys Said 11

• I think they're just having so much bad luck with the opposite gender to the point where they're probably trying too hard in all the wrong ways. I actually got blocked by one ranting guy who regularly made "questions" bashing women claiming he'd never approach them again when I suggested he try men (serious suggestion).

• " I see so many men on gag just bashing women saying negative things like we are the worst thing to be created."

Maybe it's time to get off the internet and meet some real people.

I'm sure most of the comments are from frustrated, venting individuals and doesn't reflect them as a whole. I bet afterwards they are back or looking for Mr/Mrs Right again.

• Sad truth is it goes both ways. Women won't usually say it directly but i know my sister who is a lesbian is the same way but towards men. Sometimes its because they had 1 bad experience and unfortunately because of 1 experience people will often put people into a group and categorize or label all in that group. Its an unfortunate thing in the world today. As far as specific examples on here it is probably just men trying to make themselves feel bigger by doing it.

• Sorry, but even though your answer has real life experience behind it, there was no ass-kissing towards the OP, so no MHO for you. lol Next time find a way to tell them that everybody else is wrong and they aren't, or that if someone has a problem with them, it's just jealousy and there's no way there could actually be a problem

OP, this topic bothers me because that's what you're saying, basically. "If someone has a problem, it has to be because they're just a hater. I don't ever or say anything wrong"

The best thing to do, is ask a person on a case by case basis, how they feel and analyze them. If you can't do this, you are not a good judge of character, period

You seem to think that if someone disagrees with the way that most women act, they hate women, and that's stupid.

• MAX are you ok buddy? Cause the last time i checked i never made this question about women being bashed only. I meant men and women on the whole. I think you have a reading problem honestly. This question is directly meant towards person who are actually generalizing the opposite sex and truly believing all or almost all are awful persons. I don't agree with that. But I can't control others. doesn't mean i am gonna be mean or hateful to them, i would choose to have the smallest or no contact with such persons. , MAX how about you kiss my ass, cause i don't know where you are getting assumptions from. Take a chill pill

• So this M_A_X guy seems to be a troll / one of those people i was talking about. Trying to belittle other people to make himself feel better. Sorry you don't agree with my opinion or others. Rather then being an ass type typing what everyone else did wrong. Simple down vote them and give your own opinion. If the asker likes it they will let you know. You weren't the one asking the question.

• A reason can be that they're not successful therefore they start to blame-hate-generalize etc

• the only thing that annoys me is when fathers dont have the right to see there kids when they have done nothing but be there for them and coz the mother says no then the law sides with them... then your labelled a deadbeat coz you dont see you child and you still paying god knows how much for a child you have no access to and is gonna be fed false crap and grow up hating you

• well luckily that is not the case most times.

• well i know that men who don't suppport their mother of their child, outweighs the statistics of great dads being forced not to be there

• but why are they not there because they dont what to be there or because the woman makes it a chore every time they show up and criticizing them for every bad thing they do... now this isn't a good excuse i agree you should be there no matter what but some men arnt strong enough to take it especially when a mother tell her child that there father is this and that and you have to respond to your baby girl

• after multiple rejections is normal to feel that way for both.

• It is childish but, I think we all do it to a certain extent. I tend to be pretty jaded when it comes down to it but, that's just because of my experiences.
    I will say though that it's best to not let the past poison the future.

• yea i have had my bad experiences too, i am really guarded and don't trust easily. Yea I agree with ya

• That's not necessarily a bad thing. Your heart is one of your greatest treasures, you can't just trust anybody with that sort of thing.

• People aren't brought up in learning how to attract people they want or have stable relationships. So we grow frustrated trying to figure out how to find quality partners.

• Because most of these people have been hurt by the opposite sex to the point there pshyce is scared

• i have been hurt a lot but i don't go around bashing men and saying hurtful things when i don't truly know each guy individually.

• I am asexual. i think women are chaos itself. i dont hate women though. just indifferent.

• i agree some women are users for money and superficial and some men are users for sex and manipulators. I get what you mean I don't hate men, i just don't like men who use women i think they are hell

• Typically, those are gays... and if not, they're feminists. They think that women still haven't gotten their rights and or are still treated poorly. While they don't make as much as men for the same job, they're treated much better than they were... modern day feminists make me sick

• well there are women haters out there, they will bash women but go around fucking them. I hate that. And i dislike women who have certain standards that they can't meet themselves. But that can go vice versa.

What Girls Said 3

• Usually they are too ugly, selfish or stupid to get a girl to like them so they start hating all woman. I know short guys, disabled guys and fat guys that are able to get dates because they have amazing personalities. People who can't get dates are lame.

• yea i have had crushes on men who are on wheel chairs , guys who are far from a nice body or guys who i am honestly way better looking than. It's because they are so funny, and comfortable with themself and just outgoing and amazing on their own. Complainers are the worst

• I agree with everyone whos saying that it's because of bad experience, that's how most of those questions on here; they talk about their experience then use it as a generalization

• My ex-bestie fell prey to that. It's called Women's Studies.
    Quite stupid.