I see GAG admins changed to age grouping for the anon posters. Whats your take on that?

I see GAG admins gave in to the anon posters. They have changed from posting exact age to grouping the ages. As if you can tell who someone is by their age. Whats your take on it do you care one way or the other? Or was it much to do about nothing?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 14

• You could sometimes tell. I saw one comment and an age and was like yup that's ______

More of a concern for... Probably the 35 up users?

But even below that it narrows more than anon should.

I think some people use it way to much but to the extent we have anon I think this change (show age. Show range for anon) is good.

• i don't care since i never go anon :-P

• I don't think it's a bad idea. I think it's a good one. It forces people to take ownership in what they say if they are not adult.

• Thanks for this.. It's always exciting to see feedback :)

• I thought it was good the way it was showing the age.

• we have had justified concerns about privacy though... anonymous users could be spotted

• Well, they did it for privacy reasons and i can see where their coming from
    but honest i don't know what their gathering from with it :)

• How do you mean privacy if your anon no one knows who you are and age won't give it away.

• I'm like "eh whatever" about it, although it helps the under-18 and especially over-45 people go anonymous without people obviously knowing who they are.

• I like it.

• Honestly, I'm not sure. Just another change in site layout I reckon. Guess the angle is it gives them more anonymity.

• I think its a great idea. Not everybody liked their exact age showing, now they can hide it if they want.

• I know quite a few people were bothered by having their exact age known while anon as it can make it easier to guess who it is. So for those people its good.

• that was a smart thing to do to make sure you're anon

• I like it. I was hoping that it would be implemented.

• It's not going to make much of a difference... I'm still not going to answer under 18's because I still think that's weird, as I'm 25. It's just that it'll say under 18 for anon's, and their exact age for non anon's

What Girls Said 10

• They really needed to. It was very unfair especially for some of the older gagers. Good move on their part.

• Really I'm one of the older it never bothered me. Just saying.

• @ihav2fart, but I'm not putting much effort into it. Imagine if I was young and free. I'd be invisible bwa ha ha!

• @BelleGirl21 Well, you're one of those thats for sure. You'd be one force to be reckon with.

• That doesn't bother me at all. What DOES bother me is the scroll button that puts you back all the way to the top of the page. Now I'm left strumming upwards.

• Some thing new I never noticed that one?

• What I meant to say is it's gone. It's not there anymore. It used to be on the right hand corner. I want it back. Sorry for the confusion.

• I'm a minority so posting anon and being 47 its not difficult for regulars to recognize me. I'm much happier anon posts being age groups instead.

• Yes it was easier to spot an older GAGer because there are fewer of us. hahahaaha

• This site is odd they kept changing the age group.
    I dont bother because i never go anon.

• I think it's GREAT!!! :D

• I haven't really see much difference, I rarely go anonymous and I can't recognize some people still

• Admins need to be more strict towards anon Posters, not the other way around. @girlsaskguys. Yes, i'm tagging you on all the feedbacks people give on your decisions

• I honestly don't give a rat's ass, although I've noticed that too.

• I don't know; I'm one othe few girls who is 23 on the site, it helps having age groups