Can questions be taken down upon request?

If someone mentions another user without their permission is there a way the question can be taken down? If so, how?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can report the question and pray
    but in the end, unless it violates site rules
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts
    the admins may not take it down.

"Member posts" is reportable, but it states
    that "talking negatively about other members isn't allowed"

Which question are we talking about?

• It wasn't negative but, I still don't want it up. At least I'd rather not

• Just like you would any link
      copy-paste the url after you go to
      the question you're referring to.

• It was taken down! Awesome. It was a guy asking why I'm so beautiful... Something stupid like that.

What Guys Said 1

• yes, it's against the rules if you mention a user in your question

• How come this question wasn't taken down then?

• Uh dude, I'm talking about a different question that mentioned my name. I would assume that's a given.
      @M_A_X

• Well, it's really not, because I've seen much dumber questions today lol

What Girls Said 6

• well i wasn't mentioned but a question can get taken down if ur mention isn't of good intention. iv seen users mention on their questions and they were all ok cuz the question was in good fun =]

i had a girl take my picture and use it to ask her own question. 'rate her, what do u think of her?'
    she also blocked me so i couldn't say anything but thankfully some of my user mates who recognise me sorted it out so i thank them for that, as i have done a few times telling this lol.

• That happened? Omg! This wasn't mean I just didn't want him to do what he did.

• Yeh :) by the way is that girl still an active user?

• lol not anymore. she deactivated. who knows? she could have come back...

• No. The post will only get taken down if it breaks the site guidelines. So, just mentioning a user does not break any rules UNLESS the person was talking negatively about that user.

• xHoneyxBeex, I got a question. I'm writing a MyTake, I want to mention a GAGer inside it (as an example, in positive manner). Can I? Does it violate the posting guidelines (member post)?

• I hope, thank you ;)

• Thanks for the help. I think it'd be a long procedure. So in my opinion it'd better idea to write "check out yourself, as I can't mention the user because it violates the posting guidelines under 'member post" in the Take, right?
      Ah! I think it'd be so tricky for you to answer as you don't know the topic/story of MyTake.
      Anyway, thanks for the help. :-)

• I think it can be taken down if you contact GaG admins. Apparently a member mentioned me in his question, saying I'm amazing but it got taken down so quickly that I didn't even have a chance to see it myself. I thought mentioning users was forbidden though, and that the question you mentioned would be removed as soon as they noticed it.

• they would remove your topic if you start a topic with the user in it

• I guess you could report their comment

• I don't know, who would u request it to?

• I don't know, I'm wondering.