Why is there so much sexism on GaG?

Okay I'm actually shocked by the amount of sexism on this site
It's supposed to be about genders gelling each other, not being violent, aggressive and abusive to each other
Who else thinks there needs to be a stronger policy to remove users who are aggressively sexist or discrimiatory?

Most Helpful Guy

• You'll notice that those people who are most aggressive, insecure, and abusive tend to post anonymously... and for some reason we humans act like assholes the moment we feel we can't be held accountable.

I definitely agree that there should be some rating system that allows us to give people points, or remove points, if we find that they are overly negative and there by hurting the positive vibes of the community... even if that person is posting anonymously.

Good question,
    ~ Robby

What Girls Said 3

• There is a lot. But I guess you get used to it. Plus, most of these people wouldn't even say half their sexist rants IRL. It's the internet, and thanks to the anonymity and distance, people are free to magnify their worst traits. If they're somewhat racist in real life, on the internet, they're gonna come across as Nazis or KKKs. If they're sexist, they're gonna come across as the next Elliot Rodger or a feminazi.

I don't know if removing users would do anything. Cuz they can easily come back. And it's hard to define "aggressive" cuz that's a little subjective. What is extremely passing the line for someone is probably nothing offensive to someone else.

• Because it's the internet.

• I totally agree

What Guys Said 5

• because there are bitter people who want to channel their hatred against the opposite gender after multiple rejections

• meh just ignore them, or debate against them. i must admit, there are a lot of them, and personally i think most of the offenders on GaG specifically are on the male side, but women do it too. Either way, don't let it get to you

• Other people's viewpoints don't bother me at all.

• Yeah. This site divides both genders. It's like Blue vs Pink!

• Haters gonna hate right?