Can we talk out the unspoken things of GAG?

UNSPOKEN "THINGS" OF GAG:
•Liking your own comment: Can you like your own comment? I've never actually tried but can you? If you can then I think it's sort of an unspoken rule that you don't like your own right? Narcissistic?

•MHO: It's kind of an unspoken rule to thank someone for MHO right? But as the asker do you have to respond "you're welcome"?

•Emojis: GAGers just don't use them on this site?

•Hashtags: Also another thing you do on this site like emojis yet little to none use them?

What do you think about these and are there any other "unspoken gag norms" you can think of?

Oh! Also, don't people realize they will get less responses if they don't allow people to comment anonymously?

Most Helpful Girl

• •Liking your own comment:
    1) Can you like your own comment? I've never actually tried but can you? - No, you can't. I've tried.
    2) If you can then I think it's sort of an unspoken rule that you don't like your own right? - No, I will like it if I want to! HaHa.
    3) Narcissistic? - Hell nah, if your comment is a really good comment!

•MHO:
    It's kind of an unspoken rule to thank someone for MHO right? - Yes, yes it is. People get pissed when you don't.
    But as the asker do you have to respond "you're welcome"? - No, I don't think you always have to. It would be nice though if you did. I usually try to respond with a "You're welcome" if someone responded with a "Thank you."

•Emojis:
    GAGers just don't use them on this site? - If you are using your phone, then you can use an emoji, but I use my laptop most of the time so I can't. :( GaGers actually do use emoji's. I do!

•Hashtags:
    Also another thing you do on this site like emojis yet little to none use them? - I use it sometimes. For me, though, I don't always have something to hashtag so what's the point of hash tagging when you have nothing to hashtag, right?

#existing_not_living

What Guys Said 5

• 1) you cannot like your own comment to my knowledge.
    2) I do not say think you for MHO. I do not expect anyone to say thank you for MHO. I do not reply to those that say thank you for MHO. If you do that then why don't we say thank you to every single person that replies to your post? I just think we, as a group, understand that the "thank you" is out there. I don't find it needed.
    3) I was not aware you could use emoji's. I love using them in texts
    4) why use hashtags? I don't care for them and I don't use Twitter much so I don't bother with them.

• Thanks for your answer! And good point about the thank you thing. And yes! You can use emojis but I don't see it that often.

• Do they have a list so we know what codes will cause which emoji's to come up? I LOVE emoji's. it sucks because the woman I started dating has an old ancient phone and doesn't have them on her phone. But since it looks like we just broke up last night... I guess I can hope the next one has a newer phone... lol...

• Oh wow, sorry to hear that :( But don't you have your own phone?

• - you can't like your own comment
    - i never say you're welcome most of the times
    - emojis are visible only on my tablet
    - i never use hashtags

• Not sure how these are unspoken? They just aren't an issue.

And no you can't up vote your own answer

• Okay thanks, yeah I didn't think so.

• I dont think you can like your own comment.

• When they inevitably ask what your favorite Disney movie is every month don't go for such classics as Lazy Town...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sls5H4xVHys

or Der Fuehrer's Face...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S8Zx1GfDrM

Princesses want to dream big... Let them dream. :p

What Girls Said 1

• I get a good amount of responses and I don't allow anon.

Another one would probably be that MH is most likely going to be given to who ever agress with the asker.

• Lol, that's so true. I try not to be too biased though when selecting MHO but try to think if someone were looking up this question on the Internet, which answer would be most helpful for them.