Does anyone else get paranoid that the GAG administrators are looking through your private messages for fun?

Is anyone else paranoid about the administrators of GAG having your email address, knowing which anonymous posts you post, and looking into your private messages? I'm sure they don't but has that ever crossed through anyone else's mind. Just think of them sitting on their computer, browsing through this site, trying to fix problems, getting bored, then going through people's private messages for fun?

What's your opinion?

• They be creepin!
  • They are respectable, responsible admins and would never abuse their power.
  • Never thought of that before. Now I'm paranoid.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not paranoid about it, but they do have the power to do so and I'm sure do it quite often if you're being trouble/a bother.

Any system hates dissidents, especially one with a specific purpose (relationships) like GaG.

What Guys Said 21

• None of them really lol
    I don't really care but I don't know the administrations so I can't vouch for them either so I guess in one word.

MEH

• No, because I don't care. There's almost nothing stated here that I can't defend or stand by, except maybe a few years ago when I was still a good ole Christian boy.

• And that's why I don't pm anyone here.

• I genuinely don't believe that they'd abuse that power. If they did, well, so be it.

• Haha if they abuse that power "so be it"? Lol

• Well thank you! I try to see myself as easygoing. :-)

I don't blame you for the curiosity. I've wondered it too, to be completely honest.

• You're welcome! Just an observation :)

I think most people have wondered this at one point or another.

• I've thought about it. Not that concerned though.

• I do trust the administrator/s and if ever they'll be doing that (which I hope the don't do it) then it's not for me to judge them as they will be the ones who's going to carry their own burden... :)

• gag administrators don't have fun. They're frustrated, that's why they delete my messages.

• i doubt they do that

• Since this is a public forum, I consider it fair game for anything to happen. So with that, It's another reason to use discretion with the information we choose to put out there. If you don't want what you say getting into the wrong hands, Don't put it out there.

• it depends if you happen to use any of the code words for the their computers to Flash and sound the bells and whistles to look into it.

• Haha this is such a cute question. ^.^

• Thank you? Lol :)

• Ah well.. fun times, fun times..

No, private messages aren't monitored.
      They do have the ability, to view the identity
      behind your anon posts though. ^.~

• Yeah I figured that ;)

• Ehhhh, it's expected and I don't care.

• I don't think they do it.
    Why would it be fun to read other people's (love) letters?
    That's just pointless and immature thing to do. That's something that 15yrs old teens enjoy doing. But if they read my letters, so be it.. duh

• Yeah, true. But people get bored... and curious.

• I highly doubt they do any of that stuff

• I'm sure they just love watching me meow at random people in messages :P

• They are gonna starve

• They'd be bored as shit reading my messages haha

• Well I guess you have nothing to worry about then ;)

• 0|0
  • People voted B? hahaha dude wake up you sheep!!!

• lol never thought about that til now

• Dude, I thought of this before and they probably do.

• Haha I mean... I feel like they would. Nothing but ethics would be stopping them.

What Girls Said 15

• I used to have that fear/paranoia.
    Till I reminded myself that I'm boring and they'd never choose to read my messages in the first place.

• Not at all lol... I'm not doing anything wrong or sexting through gag with people i don't know so i have nothing to worry about...

• I'd like to think that they have much better things to do with their time.

• Yeah, that's what you'd think ;)

• Great, thanks. Now I'm paranoid. O_o

• Lol my bad! Haha

• Not sure whether to feel creeped out about that or not...

• It's up to you. You're already being monitored by the government so it's not much different.

• That's kind of weird af but might as well give them something juicy to read in the mean time 😄

• As far as I know, they do know who posts anon.

• I got nothing to hide.
    Except sending love notes to @Kain7th
    If you're learking on my messages, they'll be bored quick.

• I picked c. I'm still kinda new to this site and don't message people (people message me and I'll reply) but now I'm a litre curious. Not so much paranoid though.

Here's another thought, what of they hadn't thought about it just for fun until this question? Haha.

• Never thought about it and not all that worried if they are. I have no inbox messages so they can have fun staring at nothing hahaha.

• I've wondered if they view who's behind the anonymous posts before, but I've never thought about them going through private messages. I really wouldn't care, though, not like I say anything secretive or personal in them.

• Yeah I've always wondered that too... or if they keep a special watch on people who have had their post or opinions removed before.

• I am more worried about the government watching us.

• But at least they have good reasoning behind it. GAG admins aren't searching for terrorists.

• Vote C
    even if they want to look, they can go ahead, I have nothing secretive in my pm.

• Not only them my partner be creepin but im glad hé is because hé thinks im chatting and cheating So whateverrrrrrrr dude

• Haha i am so happ you feel that way too. I started becoming paranoid. I voted A- I keep imaginging me being the topic of their discussion and laughing while reading my private messages

• Agreed! Lol or like if you get reported they watch to see what else you post.

• Yeah, it seems like a natural worry/ curiosity. If it happens though I'm sure it's a lot rarer than we think.

• I hope so!

• Yeah I think this happens. I think they are also allowed to act far to personally. Like, they ike something or someone so will find an excuse to remove or ban when others are allowed to get away with murder.

• I totally agree.

• Sorry should have read "they don't like something" stupid damned predictive text.

Yeah I think the moderators are extremely biased and it defintietly comes across as clique and unfair, and some of them are so miserably dull and lacking in any type of sense of humour I doubt whether they are real humans or just disguising themselves that way.

• Well that's the thing. Moderators are just people.