How do you tolerate the worst posters on GaG?

I've noticed recently there are a few posters who are worse than useless. I don't mean bad advice, I mean either insulting people, trolling (insulting) the asker or just mocking someone for asking a question (which is kinda the point of this site).

I'm sure it's always been like this but recently I've dealt with a few more than usual. It really puts me off posting here. How do you put up with them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just ignore me. Or block me.

• You're actually a very good one. :)

• Nah like I said you're pretty cool. You might be blunt sometimes but that isn't a negative. You're actually very good. :)

What Girls Said 16

• You just have to ignore them. You could also block them if you want and report the insulting/antagonistic comments.

• I just have to live with myself everyday. It's a constant struggle.

Anyway, let's just say that I am way more tolerant than I thought I was.

• Yeah, some of them are terrible. You can report users for trolling and their comments. Users like that, I check up and remove any inappropriate comments that violate the terms. If they're really bad, I'll block them, but that's rare.

• Just ignore them.
    If it gets out of hand for you and you just don't want to see their stupid posts or whatever, just block :)
    but I do agree with you. Some people here are a little annoying ;)

• Thanks. :)

I don't know why I let it bother me. I need a thicker skin.

• No I understand, sometimes these people tend to annoy me too ;) especially the ons who insult or mock others. Trolls can be funny x)

• Omg.. I just realized I might be one of them.

• Let's test it. If you are able to respond to this without insulting anyone, especially me, then you're ok.

• You will get there ;)

• Thanks. That's the plan. :)

• I report the ones who are constantly trolling or leaving unhelpful answers. I just try to ignore the ones I don't like very much.

• Just ignore them, it's easy enough to do.

• I pee on their lawns

• I would either tell them off or I would just ignore them.
    You can try to report them too.

• I try to give good advice and joke around but sometimes I go off too much. (Working on it) :)

• I just ignore it. There are so much more worth the time comments rather than those kind of advises.

• report or ignore them

• @cuteguy22 boo

• I usually give the best advice I can but, sometimes the question is just so stupid...

• Just ignore them and scroll past, or block them and opt not to see blocked user activity.

• If you ask an anon question, is the blocked users activity still ignored or does it come up?

• Block them, or report if they're really out of hand. Not much more you can do, the Internet is breeding grounds for trolls and keyboard thugs.

What Guys Said 15

• images.t-nation.com/.../d5b49_ORIG-YOU_MAD_BRO.jpg

If something bothers you here so bad that you had to make this question, it's time to reflect on your life.

• I do more than enough reflecting. Great advice though.

• Lmfao! Yeah I'm stealing that pic

• its the internet.. can't stop us all. just keep calm and be awesome :D

• They're not here for long time, ignore them for one or two times. They will be gone.

• That's true. I've noticed they get banned fairly quickly.

Sometimes I wonder if it's the one guy. Lol

• No they're many. You should report them too :)

• Just ignore them and continue on using the website.

If these people are REALLY getting to bother you, you can always block them so their activity is hidden and are unable to post on your activity.

• This is a slightly different question but you might be able to help, have you any tips on developing a thicker skin? Or am I just over thinking this? Lol

• The key to getting "thicker skin", is to understand that not everybody is going to like you, the things you do, and the things you say.

It is impossible to simultaneously be your authentic self, and please everyone.

The sooner u embrace this fact, the less you'll care about disapproval from others. 8-)

• Grow a thick skin, stop caring what weirdos on the internet you'll never meet think of you.

• So does that mean I should ignore you? :p

• If you can't handle the truth, of course ;)

• Nah, I know you're right. I do need to develop a thicker skin. I knew that before.

I'm surprised though that an xper 9 would just write off their opinions like that. Getting the opinions of weirdos online is what this site does.

• By simply ignoring them. Just because someone shoots off an opinion doesn't mean I either have to respond or even acknowledge them. People only take up as much space in your head as you allow them to.

I will occasionally report something, although that's rare--it has to be really out of line (like posting pornographic imagery) for me to do it. I have never blocked anyone, don't feel the need to.

I have been blocked by people who couldn't accept differing opinions--typically, they tend to hold extreme views, such as by women believing that the number of men in the human population should be reduced to 10%, or by men who believe that women are by nature evil and manipulative and that they should be oppressed for the safety of society. Typically, I don't even engage those sorts, as it's a waste of time and energy.

• i guess i'm one of them maybe...

• I don't block, I just ignore them... up to a certain point of course.

• Scrolling past them works pretty well.

• I know. Still it bothers me for some reason.

• i just ignore them. But when it comes to this place, context matters quite a bit. Some people deserve a bit of a verbal lashing, and some don't. All depends on what happened

• Yeah I always try and communicate whatever I'm saying with some amount of respect. Some just log on to troll people.

• I spit on their coffee

• l laugh and facepalm.

• How do I tolerate them? Easily. Watch this.
    *moves on to the next question*

• If you can't handle other peoples opinions you shouldn't be on an opinion site. Go cry now.

• Speaking of. Lol
      It's not their (your) opinions, it's how they deliver them.

• Just telling it like it is.

• This coward created another question titled "Which G@Ger do you hate the most?"

• I apologize for causing such a rash on your brain man... just ignore trolls like me. XD