Do you hate it when the asker comments in your opinion "please elaborate"? Anybody else?

Personally i do... especially when i said it clearly.

Generaly i'm the kind of person who likes to say sth once... if the other person doesn;'t get it by the first time, i don't like to explain it again. so i tell him/her to forget it.

What about you?

• I hate it too
  • No i don't hate it

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't hate it, I just think they haven't gotten around much to know social terms and norms lol. at that point I might as well spell it out for them, afterall they are the ones incapable of understanding, interpreting, comprehending what is common among the general public.

What Girls Said 14

• Not really. I can usually back up my statement, so it doesn't bother me when I'm asked to do such a thing.
    I'm sure that people do it in order to bump their question because they want it to be seen by other people in the live feed.
    So I give them the satisfaction of bumping it and I provide an answer too.

• If they're not understanding something then I don't mind clarifying things further. Sometimes you may think you've written something clearly but it's not written in a way that the other person can easily understand. But if they still didn't get it after I tried saying it a different way then I'd get annoyed.

• If I'm unclear to someone on a specific point, I don't mind rephrasing or elaborating. But if someone does a blanket "please elaborate" it''s like elaborate what?

• I've never been told that, but I don't see what would be irksome about it. I'd rather explain myself so that a person completely gets what I'm saying than leave them confused.

• Actually they say what do u mean?

i don't really bother answering. I guess they don't socialise much or understand things said in layman terms.

• I don't mind it too much. I try to be precise and clear enough in my first opinion, but if they want or need more information and are not just trolling, then I do not mind elaborating a bit.

• I'm always asking lol. Sometimes people just aren't clear.

• I dont really hate it. Unless I am patient to explain in details, I would skip them.

• I do it all the time.
    HHH

• Yes , I freaking suck at explaining things.

• No i don't hate it but sometimes i feel too lazy to explain 🙊

• No I don't hate it.. I'd explain till they get my point because saying "forget it" kind of sounds like your point isn't valid enough to be explained again or that you realize the other person is correct

• Are your referring to me specifically?

• Kind of. I prefer specific questions.

What Guys Said 3

• If I expressed myself well enough and they say that then it's annoying because they're reading way too much into my words and makes it seem like they're seeking a certain reaction. Just accept my opinion and move on lol

• Simple solution :)

"Please elaborate"
    "Fuck you"

• I don't understand. Please elaborate.