Should I say Thank You?

Should I say Thank You for MHO every time someone selects me? I know it's the right etiquette but why should I thank them? It was me who helped them and THEY should be grateful.
What about you?

• Yes - Good Manners.
  • No - Stay in your ego.
I usually say Thank You only if I was not expecting that it will be given to me. Otherwise NO.
I got the answer "The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say 'thank you'. In between the two, the leader must become a servant and a debtor. ^_^

Most Helpful Girl

• you can if you feel like you want to. they chose YOU out of all the other people, so i tend to say thank you. it's just kinda polite i guess. if there was no other answers, or no decent answers, and they didn't give any reply/feedback then i usually won't even say thank you haha. but i always say thank you in any other MHO situation.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 10

• Looool, I never do.

No point in raising their expectations when they see the glowing orange circle of life, just to find a "thnks for MHO" message.

• It depends on the post. Like if it's a situation where I feel like I got to learn something too I'll say thank you but otherwise it feels like I'm sucking up for no reason.

• yes of course dude... its called GOOD MANNERS!!!

• Do what you want!

• It depends on you. I mostly stay in my ego and don't say anything.

• I would because it is good manner and also I appreciate it too, the asker can give it to others but he or she chose mine. Basic courtesy

• It's not like they sent you candied pears or anything, they just clicked a button.

• Not necessarily. :P

• most of the time. lol but if it's just my opinion vs two other thoughtless opinions, i'm like meh.

• I never say anything if I was selected for mho so I just stay in my ego

What Guys Said 3

• you don't have to basically

• Yup... i guess.. you should it won't cost you to write a thank you... and inturn it might give the asker the impression that u are mannered atleast!

• You already gave them your initial opinion, right? They're giving you MHO as a way to say thanks, right? So fuck it, you don't owe them any obligation to say "thanks for the MHO".