Would it be a good idea for a 17 year old to start making takes here?

I have some ideas for takes but I'm 17 which means in GaG's eyes my opinions and experiences don't matter and I'm somehow obligated to find an extremely good source to credit my information otherwise everything I say is just bullshit. I'm not normally one to care about how people online think of what I say but I still want to know if I should expect hell to break loose.

Most Helpful Girl

• Anyone can write takes and it's highly welcomed! People way younger than you have written takes which have received good feedback. You sound very mature for your age too. Hell can't break loose on GAG, most people are lovely here and any offensive comments are removed quick, you can also block people on certain posts if they're anonymous. People who are young can go through so much more than someone twice their age, no-one knows what you've experienced so they can't judge your knowledge based on your age.
    What are your ideas? I look forward to reading yours!

What Girls Said 4

• Every MyTake that is posted is critized, all of them, unless they are 5 words long. People like to critize from behind their screen but you can't take it personally. Write with passion and with factual support to what you're saying but still be prepared for people to attack what you write.

• it depends on information, not your age. people are smart and they will judge what they read. a teenager can be very insightful while at the same time a person 20yrs older than you could be a complete idiot. ;]]

• Say what you have to say. There's always gonna be someone that disagrees. That's life. Don't let your age and what you think people are gonna say and do deter you from speaking what's on your mind. I say go for it!

• Go for it. Just make sure it's not something "GaG doesn't like" or they won't let you post it. Censorship is a bitch but whatever.

What Guys Said 3

• as long as your logic is sound, I will not attest.

• Intelligence is intelligence.

Doesn't matter the age. Just as long as your opinion is backed up by solid logic, you will be fine.

• Go ahead, just do it :)