Do you believe the average GAGer who is Level 9 or above is smarter than the average non-GAGer, or a GAGer who's Level 8 or under?

I say level 9, so that means the person has some experience with GAG and he/she is not some passerby.

Personaly i believe yeah they are smarter by average. they've got some sense of humor, and they are those who give advice most :-)

What do you believe?

• They are smarter
  • They are about equal
  • They are more stupid

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. When you get to level 5, it takes forever to get to level 6 and only God knows how long it would take to achieve level 7 and then level 8. If I combined my Xper with my previous account I might be level 9 already?

I look at the response of what someone says and what user is saying the response, not the level. I remember when @kangy wasn't the level she was now and she was very much respected.

To be honest, before I even joined this website, I remember there were a lot of people who were lower levels who gave a lot of respectable answers.

People like confugirl are gone from GAG but there you go.

• :) thank you

• Your welcome, and all this time of me knowing of your existence, I think this is the first time I am speaking to you which is interesting.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't think levels have anything to do with intelligence.

• Not necessarily... Though I would say that someone that's at level 9 might dedicate more. of their time and is definitely an active member I wouldn't necessarily say that someone below that level is smarter.

Some people might have joined after someone else and naturally they would have a lower level. Also you don't necessarily have to give helpful advice to be at level 9 you could've just been a member for a very long time and naturally it will increase over time.

But I am a level 9 member and I would like to believe that I'm a pretty good, helpful, and smart member as well as many other members on here.

• I don't think level plays a part in a person's intelligence. It just means the person has been very active on the site , it is more of quality than quantity that counts.

• Not even going to vote on this. You can give many completely asinine answers and gain a lot of experience points. This in no way makes you more intelligent than someone who has less experience points, gives very few answers or asks very few questions. Perhaps the ones that they do answer are far more helpful and informative than the many questions the more "experienced" GAGger answered. Maybe the ones with less experience do not ask many questions themselves. I gauge intelligence of a person by the content and quality of their answers.

• Also, as someone else stated, it is also a matter of how long a person has been a member. For example, I spend a great deal of time on the site, feel as if I give fairly intelligent answers, but I do not ask many questions and have never posted any My Takes. I have also only been a member since the end of December.

• I don't think it's a case of being smarter.
    It also depends on when they joined haha.. They clearly are more active, and probably put more effort in their questions/answers, but I don't think it's a matter of intelligence :)

• There are lots of level 9s and up who lack a sense of humor js... so I'd say throw that out the window. Overall, xper points/levels don't determine how smart someone is if that's where you're getting at.

• I'm level 5 in about 20 days.. I guess it depends a lot on how long you have been here.

What Guys Said 12

• Being level 9 means you have more points. That does not mean you are smarter or less smart, only that you have the points. I have seen some people on her get to level 9 in less than a year. But I have seen their opinions. A tough question is answered requiring thought. and someone immediately post an opinion of "I don't know" then moves on to another question and posts "I don't care" and so on. They will go through hundreds of questions a day doing that. Does that mean they are smarter? Hell, no. If you want to know how smart they are, see what they wrote.

• I voted B. I don't suppose the Xper level of a GAGer makes him/her more or less smart than the others.

Considering myself an an example, I'm currently at level 9 but I never even checked my level. I only got to know about 'promotions' through emails sent by GAG. I do believe that the quality of my posts here have increased significantly from the time I joined GAG, but then I sometimes tend to post really stupid stuff as well. So it's highly variable!

• They don't have a life?

• I think that it doesn't have to do with levels because some people come on G@G after some other people so they need more time to reach top levels. But there is one guy who is level 9 who is very stupid

• I don't think wisdom or intelligence come with being being active on gag lol

• Of course. The higher level you are in Gag the higher the IQ. 4 out of 5 dentists agree with me (the last dentist is doing anal with a gerbil).

• The guru badge isn't just for show. ;)

• They are the same in my eyes

• Yeah its levels to the shit. But for real though, honestly no.

• I think by reading lots of relationship issues, the level 9+ might know a bit more about them

• I've been here two years and I'm not even level nine yet.

• They just comment more :)

Or they've been around a while. You can't reach that level overnight.