Has there always been all this homophobia on GAG or is it a trend?

In the last week I've been seeing way too many homophobic (specially lesbophobic) questions. Guys saying lesbians are gross, or asking stories about straight guys "beating them" then they tried to "steal their gfs" (using so many slurs I almost punched my phone), etc.
5 minutes ago I got a private message by some asshole saying I've been brainwashed by the media and that I'm actually straight and not bi (if anything, it'd be the other way around), then he blocked me lmao.

Has it always been like this and I didn't notice or is it some kind of stupid trend? I really wanna know if it's always like this because Im by enjoying this site anymore and if its something that always happens then I'd rather leave.

This is a question mixed with a rant, obviously.

Also a lgbt friendly website with this format would be so great..

• It's always been like this
  • Stupid trend

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm thinking it's a trend, they're probably trying to troll people and get a rise out of them. I think that being an offensive asshole on the Internet is a kind of cathartic release for people, a way for them to do away with the pleasantries of 'civilized' society and indulge their animalistic tendencies and vent frustration. The temptation is difficult to resist for some; most generally don't revert to homophobic slurs though. For the ones that do it's probably some psychological thing making them feel inferior to lesbians, they lash out because of fear, so they're probably intimidated.

• Well they should shove their fingers up their buttholes and stop typing such offensive shit.

• Il shove my fingers in my butthole... if you want

• They should indeed! Unfortunately, you can't make people be mature and reasonable. Just don't give the idiots too much power over your feelings, because if you do, they win.

What Guys Said 7

• Homophobia would be the fear of them, I don't fear them I just don't like what they stand for. That being said I don't go after them or antagonize them, I leave them alone they leave me alone. And if one asks a question or wants to talk ill politely answer in kind or talk with them.

• I haven't noticed it, i'm sure there are some, but the dominant tone of the website i think is fairly gay-supporting, probably more so than the 'real world' overall.

That said there have never been that many gay members because... they don't need to ask the other sex stuff :p

But still, you know fuck the haters.

• I probably notice more because it's something that concerns me.

• I thought sluts took lots of cock, isn't she like an anti-slut?

That was a terrible joke by the way.

Anyway, fuck them! you're welcome here, most of us support you and... what i said about the haters. You know, not literally though. Cockblock the haters! Yeah!

• Thanks for the support, I appreciate it!

• I have bromance for the ages!
    I'm comfortable with my sexuality and give no fucks about what people think!
    Straight as can be!

• I don't fear nor hate homosexuals, but I'm not going around hating them. That said, I do defend the gay community as PEOPLE who are no different from heterosexuals.

• I get a lot of homophobic slurs whenever I ask a question pertaining to my bisexuality

• Yup, I dont get it. Why are they so butthurt?

• Stick their fingers in their buttholes... buthurt... your killing me! Was that pun intended?

• Not really haha that's just the way I usually talk when I'm pissed oops

• Keep voting democratic.

• I don't have a problem with y'all! lol

What Girls Said 11

• Yes, I see it a lot. There's a lot of idiots on here.
    I have no problems with lesbians, but when people (mainly guys) assume all females are bi, it annoys me.

• Same because it then real bisexual girls aren't taken seriously... And also because they're idiots and they think they know more about girls sexual orientation's than girls themselves pffff

• yeah I have noticed a really creepy way that men on this website talk about bi girls. I can't really put my finger on it but there is something sinister there

• @LauraMarx
      Yes, there's definitely something fishy going on.
      I think the mods need to be notified.

• I've noticed this too. A lot of guys have been complaining how women are apparently all bisexual and find women more sexually attractive than men :s. I saw a girl on here get absolutely attacked by some guy when she said she had fantasies of having sex with a girl the other day. The guys posting these questions are highly insecure.

• It has always been like this, unfortunately. Sometimes it gets a little quiet and I think 'huh, you know, its been okay' but then it flares up again ten times worse. It is not this websites fault, really... The admin team is very good, they take it very seriously I think. It is just the way of things. There is nowhere on this planet where lesbophobia is not a problem.

Also, this guy! He sends you messages telling you that you're not bisexual, even though you're a lesbian in the first place? I have that right? There was a guy who did this to me! lmao. He would send me a whole bunch of messages insisting I wasn't bisexual. And I'd say, 'of course I'm not, I'm a lesbian!' and he would get so angry, lmao. His hate mail was the most bizarre I have received. I think as much as my liking other girls pissed him off, he just could not handle that I didn't like men :P

• I'm still not sure about my orientation but I'm not even considering being straight lol. It was probably the same guy...

• ah, okay. Yeah probably :/

• I got the message about being straight not bi too. It's just stupid people and as this sight becomes more popular I imagine it is attracting more trolls or just ignorant people.

• I got called a whore a couple of times when I asked a bi-curious question once and it was a year ago, so I reckon there's always been some homophobia on GAG. To this day, I don't know if it was a legit romantic infatuation or just close friendship, but at the time I was real confused and scared. Those assholes are always around and seems like they're jealous of lesbians grubbing "their" women, but don't worry, they wouldn't score with straight lasses anyway.

• The whole "evil lesbian who steals our girlfriends" thing is just lame.

• As I've said, they don't get any much of the time. At least I know I wouldn't touch such an asshole with a ten-foot-long stick.

• I have not seen the homophobia at all. But if I did i would not answer or take part in it. But honestly theirs homophobic people everywhere.

• I know there is, I deal with it almost daily but I'm not gonna sit down and and act like its ok.

• Why do you care so much?

• Because homophobia is wrong? because it's offensive? because I don't like people calling me or the ones I care about slurs or insulting us?

• It's one thing to have an opinion about something and another to insult someone because of their sexual orientation. If you can't see the difference, that's your problem. I'm not gonna waste my time explaining this to you.

• I agree with you, its wrong. Unfortunately there are way too many assholes in this world that don't about other peoples feeling. I was bullied terribly all through school. If someone has something to say to you, tell them to fuck off.

• Since it became from LGBT to LGBTQ plus a thousand different things, they think IT has become the trend.

• Yes and I am one of them.
    Cunnilingusphobic.
    I can't sleep sometimes with this fear.
    HHHHHH

• I noticed that, and honestly, I blamed myself for being so.. loud about my sexuality. I mean, I'm a proud dyke, no doubt about it, I wonder if I'm hurting other lesbians doing this :(

• Stay proud and loud!

• Yeah I get it and I've felt the same but homophobia is never our fault.

• I guess.. I can't help but be protective though; I guess I have a very maternal nature? [shrugs] My mother was the same. She used to tell me, 'We are Amazons' lmfaooo.. okay, mum..

• Eh, it's the Internet. I don't even see it so often. I see slutshaming and virginshaming way more

• I probably focus more on that because it's about me

• No, I get that. But, you shouldn't take to heart what they say, is all I'm saying.

• Yeah I do know what you mean and I don't take it to heart, I've been through worse when it comes to homophobia but still I'm not gonna sit down and pretend it's fine just because it's the Internet.