Does the constantly misspelled words and incorrect grammar bug anyone else on here?

I'm trying to figure out if this is just irrationally bugging me. Every time I see a misspelled word or horrible grammar I want to correct the person.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes it takes me longer to read or I have trouble understanding what they are saying.

What Guys Said 10

• You're a Grammar Nazi; it happens. It bothers me in professional writing. It demonstrates that the author is incompetent or lazy. In this forum, it shouldn't be a big deal.

• It doesn't bug me unless it is just horrible spelling. Little things I don't mind, but when it is a spelling of a word that I've never seen before, I go bonkers.

• lol i´d actually like people to correct me since i don´t like to make mistakes and i want my second language to be as good as possible.

• It's even more surprising because GAG has spell check, and for those posting a question it has a Preview button before you press Submit. I understand the difficulties for GAGers who use English as a second language, but not the people who should know better as native speakers. I don't understand why people don't have more pride in what they're sending out. It's not that difficult to compose a coherent sentence.

• Nt on mble it dsnt lol but seriously it really doesn't... But my phone does sometimes I really don't know how to spell something...

• Mobile will mess you up.

• Only one that bugs me is when people say:
    "I could care less"
    when they mean Couldn't*

Other than that... no

• No edit feature, so I understand. I used here instead of hear today... Embarrassed but not worth a second post to correct.

• You need to lighten up autocorrect and mobile devices don't tend to produce the most beautiful English

• I no what ur talkin bout

• The correct spelling is know *** your *** talking **about ***so your sentence should say I know what your talking about. Hahaha

• Actually it's you're* ;)

• Yes, they bother me tremendously.

Also, it's "Do", not "Does". Embarrassingly ironic post.

• Sorry, but that is a common mistake at least. Sometimes I see versions of simple words that I've never seen before. That is the main thing I'm referring to.

• Like what?

• This is just one example of many.

waer

Seriously!

• A neva hard bout dat befo

• Ya I cnt stnd it , irregardless of others n theyre feelinz

What Girls Said 11

• Not in the slightest. I misspell words too all the time. Not all of us are English native speakers.

• The ones that do speak English make me mad though! They misspell words so badly I can't understand what they're saying.

• Hahaha! Don't worry about it. You will eventually get used to it!

• The mobile version of the site messes with spellcheck so it can be really difficult to know for sure if a word is misspelled and if you open another tab to check it the text field gets suuuuuuper lagy. I also tend to leave off commas on mobile too.

However if someone uses u instead of you or please instead of please unironically I have zero patience and don't even read the comment or post. We're not being charged by the character anymore. Speak like an educated person.

• You couldn't of described the way I feel in a better way!

• It annoys me and I used to constantly correct people when I was younger but I've learned since then it's better to just leave it alone. Nobody's perfect and some of us really struggle with grammar. As long as you can understand what they're trying to tell you, there's not much sense being nit picky.

• Nope, right there with you, it is part of the problem with what people call 'today's youth' we really aren't all that bad! But you also have to take into consideration that not every ones first language is English so that accounts for some of it. It is the abbreviated words and the people who actually speak English as their first language that make me mad.

• No it doesn't bother me. I am not a native English speaker. It can happen. Plus this is just questions/ answers site. Problems are more important than spelling errors.

• I do correct the person more times than not! It drives me insane. You'd think the genius adults calling a 13 year old stupid would at least use proper grammar and correct spelling while doing so. Jeez.

• I know lol. Same with being 15.

This is a little different, but there was this opinion from a 30 year old guy that was really racist and uneducated sounding. He was insulting TX. I jokingly said, "Hey, I'm a Tennessean, but I'm even offended. Remember the Alamo!" Then he called me the b word and said I probably didn't even know where the Alamo is. I was like, what? But then, what kind of 30 year old regularly uses this site anyway?

• It is kind of sad

• Indeedy

• No, it only bugs me when I misspell my own words... I smh at myself!!

• yse it bothres mie. Thye shuld lyrn till spake.

• I don't understand that lol.

• I apologize in behalf all the people who speaks English not as their first language... But to the rest, they should be stoned :p just kidding. I always get mad when I see people that write wrong in Spanish.

• I hate when my computer change my words and what I say sounds weird.