Do you get down voted for the dumbest reason?

I usually don't pay attention to down votes. But other times, I do, and I don't understand why I got down voted.

Has this ever happened to you?

Most Helpful Guy

• yes unfortunately... especially when i compliment thick girls, witout even bashing skinny ones.

my conclusion is skinny girls are jealous of them... and they use the word "unhealthy" as en excuse. how on earth a girl with a BMI 24-25 is unhealthy? it's normal range. she's just not skin and bones

• I also dont understand why pple need to downvote others for their preferences. Ulike who u like.

• Kangy is correct.

What Guys Said 13

• People have haters that when they see you they think thats a way they can stick it to you

• It happens, but I see it like they're
    at least noticing my opinion/answer, so in
    the end, it's their loss. ^.~

• I never pay attention. Nor do I pay attention to anonymous people, nor do feebs, or feminists

So why should I pay any attention to a cowardly downvoter who won't even identify as one of the above, so I could make an appropriate put-down?

• It's happened quiet a lot. One example is when I got down voted by 2 girls by saying I trim my arm pit hair rather than shave or letting it go wild.

• Yeah, that's really retarded.
      It's your body, so you can trim it if you want.
      And you're not hurting anyone.

• True but what do girls think of that? I don't shave it because it's too girly and I don't wanna let it go wild because of hygiene. Shouldn't more girls be fine with that? I don't even know.

• Yes, most girls should be fine with that. At least you have good hygiene tips.
      Letting it go wild would be kind of gross, and shaving it completely would be too girly.

Just do as you please. If they don't like it, oh well.

• Yyeah. I think some people just do it just because they can do jt. I remember seeing questions here like 'anybody else down vote before seeing the opion?'... they just downvote because they dont like the person.. ridiculous.

• Naw, I don't get downvited without a purpose most of the time.

But I do get blocked by people I had never talked to! That confuses me a LOT.

• I get down voted because I exist.

• I once got down voted for saying "Rape is never okay."

I mean wtf?

• I bet a guy down voted you. Because it's hard to believe a female would disagree with that.

• If it was a female, that's the dumbest thing in the history of down votes of GaG.

Someone said this guy said females deserved to get raped :O

• There are few like that. Tbh, I REALLY hope they're trolling cos if not... 0.0

• Yes, I got downvoted by a girl not so long ago for trying to say that I'm ok with being a virgin and how I'm fed up with how it's something to be proud of when it's a female virgin but embarrassed about when the guy is one. It was on a question about virginity.

Screw that.

• Yes and then I cry...

• once i shared an opinion that i've never dated a girl andi thought it was normal for me.

several hours later, i got a downvote from a guy, i still don't understand why i got that. lol and that was the only downvote i've got on this site.

• all the time =) I have a few haters though so its expected

• I get downvoted irrespective haha

What Girls Said 13

• Yup, it has happened to me.. in fact it happens often.

• Yes. Many times. Someone said they down voted me because I'm 13. Didn't give me any other reason. Another one gave me one because they thought I spelled something wrong (I didn't).

• I have gotten downvotes on answers that I couldn't understand why. There are others I notice and I understand or don't care about, but then there are others where I can't work out why I was downvoted.

• Yes, It currently just happened to me.
    I can say, "The sky is blue".
    And still receive down votes.
    I really don't care anymore.
    It kind of makes me laugh! And see how much of a minion some people are.
    It's like if you get one down vote... the rest will follow (almost like a domino effect).

• I'm convinced that people just do it to do it. I answered a question about where I was from, and got downvote. I'm like what? I'm sorry I was born here, didn't really have a say in the matter lol.

• That's exactly what I mean.
      I got down voted for saying I'm a vegan. It's my beliefs!! And I didn't try to force them down anyone's throat.

• Lol pretty much. But apparently you're not allowed to express that here.

• Haha I'll express it regardless.
      It's funny when they get butthurt.

• Yea it happened to most of us.
    like topics fav. Color etc
    haters gonna hate
    some pple are just butt hurt over small thing and they go ard and downvote.

• me sometimes I get down voted because of stupid reasons im tellin facts not fiction...

• I have, is what it is.. Lol

• Yupp in a MyTake about presents, I said I got a goldfish and named it Dr Goldberg... I got a downvote.

• Yea, it happens quite a bit.

• It sure seems like it sometimes. For instance, people how down vote every single answer they get. It aggravates me when I put down a very logical answer for something and people down vote it. It seems illogical lol

• Iv gotten I'd say a few up votes but probably more down votes and I got down voted because I said I didn't want kids and Iv gotten lots of down votes just for giving my opinion on gay marriage witch dumb because some people should be respectful when others give there opinions instead of down voting hating and insulting them on there opinions

• Yup, all the time. I guess there are sad people who love to hate. It's always women though. Weird.