Yourself as your profile picture?

This question is directed to people who have/had pictures of themselves as their GAG profile picture. Is it a good idea? Would you recommend other people do it.

@matheus_mb @Illusive_Man @helpman @Iron_Man @PiuBelloAmante @asuspiciousraccoon @mistninja314 @Song4TheBroken @Tokana @Krushhbrownies @JSmuve @ihatethiswebsite @war_eagle @Ihav2fart @RedThread @kheserthorpe @yaddayaddayadda02 @ScruffyNerfHerder @Megalodon @I_M_LEGEND @twistedxxperfection @electromagnetic @watashiwahanadesu @buchitabuhcy @thereturnofrae @charismatic110 @pinkbeauty @Khangy @linkywinky @xhoneyxbeex @thechica @guysvgirls @Stacyzee
Thank you everyone for helping me make a decision!
@BuchitaBuchys @kangy @Guysvgirls
Sorry your names were spelled wrong.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's a good thing. I think it brings legitimacy to your opinions. Besides that it's easier to connect with people with a picture.
    Also your posts receive more attention in general.
    People on here are generally nice as well, it's not like people will be criticizing how you look. (Unless you ask of course lol)

What Guys Said 30

• I don't see how it could hurt me in any way possible. What ever happens will spice up my life whether it be good or bad.

• Why not?
    It's not like I'm selling drugs on here or anything... well... mostly.

• I like knowing who I'm talking to and I'd think they'd like to know as well. It hasn't caused any harm yet, but the potential is there in terms of future employment. I've got nothing to hide and am tired of living my life in fear of this and that. Whatever happens, happens life is way too short to always have to worry.

• Hmm, haven't decided on that myself. My current avatar goes with my screen names--kind of strange to suddenly change it.

My thoughts are a bit more geared to the real world. I used to teach for example--it would be really weird if a former student was on here asking questions and recognized me, or if some kind of employment/business related issue were to come up.

That said, I like associating a face to a name and partially view it as a courtesy and sometimes feel the compulsion to reciprocate.

• Of course it is I am so sick and tired of blank profile pics. I want to see who I am talking to a real pic though not a fake one

• Noo don't do it because People inbox me daily calling me ugly on here THEN they tell me to take it down >< "JOKING LOL" I say do it because most people like to have a face to put behind the/your words (opinions on here)

• I like having my pic up... haha

• i just added mine... i had one before too
    sometimes i feel like having the GaG personality avatars are better because people will not judge you on appearance

• If you're ugly like me it's OK haha

• I would have thought it would be a bad idea if you're ugly.

• Yeah, that's why we have block button too. Well, if you just don't mind and ignore them, I see no problems in using yourself as your profile picture.

• Ok Thank you! :)

• That's me in mine right now, but I still kinda feel anonymous... which was kinda done on purpose lol.

• I picked the studliest guy I could find instead of myself.

• I haven't regretted it yet.

• I agree with what the other guy said about too much info about myself on here. Like for example i've mentioned my most hardcore fetishes and stuff on here and i wouldn't really want my friends to see or anything.

• People can do it if they want. it's fine. I will say that if I were a girl though, I probably wouldn't.

• I have too much personal stuff here so I camt upload photo

I would not recommend other people to if they have personal stuff and questions in here

• Even if you do under anon?

• Well if you are comfortable with your photo
      you are free to upload
      In the end its your choice only :)

• I think I'm going to do decide to do it, but my internet ia acting up a little bit so I'll probably put it up later tonight.

• Well it's a good idea, I don't give a shit if other statues recognise me...

• Yeah, I am real, not fake profile, And this is my only account, The picture in my profile is the real me.

• Don't be scurred. I got mine up and no ones harassed me. Perfectly safe.

• Not going to happen. I'm not photogenic for one and I've always used catchy avatars. And it's just not for me anyway.

• To be honest, it's not for everyone
    I alternate between drawings and myself

• Yeah it is bad idea but do it anyway

• i've always had one. its been fine for me!

• I normally don't like putting my face but I'll put a body pic here and there.

• I have nothing to hide.

• I guess it's ok.

• I don't mind having my pic up.

• I might do it soon.

• I feel like having your own pic up is kind of the point of social networking, but to each their own.

• yes. my priority is with people who show the most of themselves on here.

creates mutual openess.

• I will never

What Girls Said 21

• Eh, it really depends on the person honestly. I have always had a picture of myself up and it has it's pros and cons. I like that people can actually see who they're talking to. I think it just makes the interactions on here more genuine since you can see the face behind the username.

However, one of the down sides is the almost constant messages from pervy guys. I think most women on here experience that but it's worse when a woman has a picture of herself up. Some of the men who message me are really sweet and just tell me I have a nice smile, eyes, whatever, and I just say "thank you" and that's it. Then you have the guys who message and just say, "you're hot, want to exchange nudes?" and those are the ones that are just super irritating. That being said, you always have the option of not allowing messages from people you aren't following. So if someone chooses to utilize that feature, I'm sure it's not as much of a problem.

Another down side of having your pic up that I have personally experienced is, the possibility of someone taking your photo. One time some girl took my profile picture and put it in a question claiming I was ugly and "asking" if anyone agreed with her. That was interesting. Lol But overall, none of these things have bothered me too much so I keep my picture up. So again, it just depends on what you personally want to do :)

• Did you just say what I trying to say, but better? (#^ ^#)

• @mistninja314 haha! Yes, that is very true. It's more entertaining that way. Lol

• This is the best answer

• I like seeing who exactly I'm talking to or interacting with. So I'd say put it up. But also beware, dick pics or guys messaging. You can block and ignore them (obviously), just letting you know.

Also, there will be people criticizing your looks. If they disagree with your opinions, I've had that plenty of times haha, they will resort to attacking your looks. I've been called fat (you can't even see my body, but whatever lol), ugly, dirty dark skin, cunt face curry eater (I assume he thought I was Indian), etc.
    So if you're not prepared for it, I'd say don't.

• dirty dark skin, Lol "WTF" people on here are hella wild

• @Mistninja314 lol I feel I look more yellowish than you lol but we're not that far off on skin tones.
      Yea. You know how some anon pussies have the most racist/sexist shit to say haha.

@Asker, I read your update and seen your pic. I'm glad we could help on your decision :)

• www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1332347-girls-guys-who-can-post-a-pic-in-the-comments-of-themselves-with-no Lmao I guess we might be off a little when it comes to skin tone, But you're still my FAV chipotle bunny to chase (#^ ^#) #leaveittomisttobeweird

• i am my profile picture. i don't see why not? unless you're worried about someone you know finding you or something.

• I think putting photos up are irrelevant on this site.
    If you're even remotely attractive expect to be hit on.

• I had my whole face picture up! Now just my eyes... anyways its not a bad idea´ its just a picture of you. So others can know who they are talking too...

But some say, that people in here can be mean!! And talk bad about you.. but that has not happen to me :O

So its really up to you!!

• I've always had a picture of myself up even more when we could previously post them on our profile page.

I really like it =)

• Do it if you want, prepare for the onslaught of messages if you do.

• Pssshhh what messages do you get?

• It ain't that bad , most of them just want a friendly chat ain't it?
      Till a girl started asking about why my nipple was hard in a picture , which got a bit weird but most of them are pretty harmless :3

• Lucky you, I get no consistent messages. T_T

• Why not? When I first changed my profile pic, I got a lot of messages. It was interesting but after awhile they stop and it goes back to what it was like prior to having a pic of yourself. You don't have to if you don't want to though. It's just nice to know what the person who is asking the question, answering it, or who you're talking to looks like

• You didn't tag me but a pic is nice at least you know who you are talking to that way. . . I think I've had 3 pics posted. . . It's kind of a pain.. . I have to go through instagram to load it here. .

• I don't see a problem in posting a photo of myself. As long as it's not offending anyone, I do as I please.
    It helps weed out all the GAG lurkers.

• People without a profile picture lurk? Or it helps you to get rid of people who have no real input?

• I mean it helps to see who's really on GAG for a relationship opportunity by private messaging people rather than just the social affect.

• The only reason I have my picture up is because I asked one of those "how do I look" questions and the links weren't working. This 30 year old man messaged me telling me I was sexy and asked if I was wet or dry... I hope there aren't TOO many creeps on this site..

• I've had my picture on my profile since I joined. I just recently changed it bc of Vday and plan on changing it back after it's over. I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

• Mine is of me now, and I get freaking people of all ages counting men in their 30's messaging me, too. ANd clearly it says i'm 16 bol 😂 it's ridiculous. you wouldn't think I would get many messages. I guess people are just desperate 😂 but I like having my pic there.
    it's not that big of a deal. So.. yeah you should do it lol

• Yes. But be careful. If you want weird guys creeping on you, put a more dirty pic up. If not, put a modest picture up.

• Only if the person is comfortable with their pics out in the public

• I think it's cool to put a face to the name

• I didn't think I ever would, but itts okay until certain messages start coming in my inbox

• when I joined gag I started out with avatar picture on here then I dasided to show a picture of me so that people can know who there talking to and I also dasided to show a picture of myself because I couldn't take trying hide any more

• I think it's a good thing, and I'm comfortable with it :)

• Its me. All me, for better or for worse. :))

• I don't see anything wrong except one time some troll tried to take mine and pretend to be me. Ehhh that person soon vanished but not a big deal. :)