GAG: why do generic questions get so many more views?

I've asked pretty generic questions and many people can pitch it but when you ask detailed questions people don't tend to help out as much or at least provide a little bit of outside perspective

I would be nice for people to just reply even if they think their view isn't important

Most Helpful Guy

• I know... I've asked same question before about that.. My conclusion is that GaG isn't all that helpful.

What Girls Said 5

• Personalized questions are harder to answer because they pertain to a certain person. If one can't relate, they can't answer. Genetic questions share open and free to interpretation. Most people get a general understanding and know how to respond to it.

• I agree, it's hard to get good answers when you make your question more generic. I think the more detailed questions sometimes make it easier to answer because you know the background information.

• For the more serious questions, it requires deeper thinking. Keep in mind, gag is mostly flooded with 13-25. I doubt older people spend more time here than the young ones.

• detailed questions if too lengthy people wouldn't want to read it
    so if you want people to read and participate perhaps you need to keep it short and sweet.

• I have an important and long question about a complicated relationship and few people answered. I really need help about that. And it's a story I can't keep short, cause it has a lot of important details. It's hard...

What Guys Said 5

• They demand less from your mind to answer.

• Effort. The harder the question, the more time it takes to answer it, the less likely answers will be provided.

• if the description is really long then people would skip them actually :-P

• Examples? As in?

• well, ask a question like
      How I look
      vs
      a question about whether or not someone should ask someone else out because this and this happened

• "How do I look" is easier to answer then the average "should I ask her/him out" because really I can't tell.

• Some of then are lazy to read... no offence cz i am included too!