When will GAG fix the ghost notification bug?

Is anyone else having the same problem?

It appeared awhile ago, definitely weeks ago. There's always an exclamation mark next to my icon, saying I have a private message, but when I check - there's nothing there.
GaG said they were aware of the problem, but it still hasn't been fixed.

I've gone so far as to wipe my whole inbox in hopes of getting rid of the bug, but to no avail.

It's so bloody annoying.

Do any of you guys have the same issue?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 11

• Can't say I have had that issue. That found wicked annoying. It like getting you all excited to see a message just got it to go "HA HA! Got you!" Lol

• Pretty much. I don't find signing into GaG fun anymore, because the first thing I see is a big fat LIE. :c

• And that really isn't nice! Nothing more that I hate than a bold face lie
      But don't leave GaG cuz if that. The people are fun!!

• Haven't happened to me but I found a similar question like this
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1309952-anyone-getting-phantom-notifications

I think @girlsaskguys would give a reply for this question.

• I've seen that and decided to just wait until it gets sorted. Some weeks passed, so I contacted Gag directly and had no reply. Hence this question. :p

• I'm not having such issues, if you are having some issues, contact there :- http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

Thanks for your feedback!

• I contacted Gag several weeks after they announced that they're working on fixing the issue and never got a response.

• They updated the site, I think it's solved now.

• oh man you still got some? its all fixed for me. it really is taking them a while.

• It hasn't happened to me yet. But I still remember when YouTube had the old messaging system my account had a ghost message for over a year.

• That was awhile ago and yeah, I remember that. Pretty much every website I go on has had this issue at some point, lol.

• i had this problem before... but strangely it was fixed by its own

• I've never had that problem. Your GaG is haunted. That's why

• You may need to call in the ghostbusters... worst case solution hahaha :-)

• Thing is, I contacted GaG some time ago and they never replied. :(

• Yeah but if many people have the same issue I can imagine the nr of incoming messages may be a little too much... I just noticed my nr of notices didn't match the total of my new opinions to questions, comments, messages,...
      Though I must say the "notices" thing is confusing to me, I don't see the practical use of it.

• In 3 days 11 hours and 54 minutes it will be fixed

• mine is all fixed... :D

• Never had the problem

What Girls Said 1

• I've got awful screen lag when scrolling down a question. Keeps going up then down then up and down again. On mobile

@girlsaskguys