Too many adults on this site?

I just got blocked out of a question asking the same thing, only about kids. I could rant and rant and rant about this, but here's a summary:

We need help, too. We have questions that need answered. We're allowed on this site for a reason. So many people say we're immature kids, well there are adults that are lots worse than us. So many people say we shouldn't be exposed to stuff that's on here--adults are posting it! Don't blame the kids for it.

We're so underestimated. We're smarter than you think. If you think kids are stupid, let me know so I can block you. Oh, yes. There's blocking, too. We're smart enough to avoid what we shouldn't see. We know to stay away from certain stuff. We can simply block someone if they're targeting us. No big deal.

Also, we don't get taken seriously in a lot of questions. Sometimes I'll share an opinion and someone will say "you're 13" or "you're too young. How would you know?". Why is that? Sure, I'm young. And DUH, I'm 13. That doesn't mean I don't know anything.
Another question. I just had someone call me "tiny" when referring to me in a comment. What would make an adult think it's cute or funny or whatever to call me things "tiny" just for giving my -sensible- opinion? Not like it's going to make me cry or deactivate or anything, so what's the point?

Most Helpful Guy

• I completely agree. No one takes my opinions seriously here. Most 'mature' adults here just resort to personal insults bc they never really have anything meaningful to say. I've noticed you around here. You give better advice than most people

What Guys Said 26

• I support your question and no one under 18 should be harassed on here
    your a great participant on here.. No need to worry about things

• Fair enough points. I've never understood censorship. We're all exposed to life eventually, protecting an idea of innocence doesn't warp reality to that idea.

• Child in an adult's body, here.

• Fact is, they used to have the limit at 16, no younger. Too many people complained, and they lowered it. In my opinion it should be 18.

• I agree but nothin we can do about it 🐓💨

• Chicken fart? Nice!

• This comment led me to this question... all I see are little squares "🐓💨" but you see "chicken fart".
      Is there some "add-on" that I don't have that converts these squares into words or pictures?

• Well it's an emoji I'm on my phone. Maybe you can't see it on a computer. There is probably an add on out there to see emojis with a computer

• Especially those over 40. Holy hell. What a bunch of old assholes

• Working in a place that's populated by others older than myself I can understand the condescending behavior you're probably getting. Honestly, just ignore it. I personally don't look too into a person's age but moreso the content of what they're posting.

Also, people get blocked, downvoted, and ridiculed for plenty of silly reasons. Trying to make sense of the reasoning is a waste of time.

Younger people do lack life experience so there will be times others may call you out on it if you offer bad advice. But the difference will be in how you handle it. If you get like a lot of the other kids on this site who resort to name calling and such, you'll just bury yourself in more ridicule. If you're not one of those types, brush it off and don't waste your time on them.

• I don't judge a person's opinion or question based on its age. I remember when I was 13, I didn't have much experience (this can't be avoided) but I wasn't dumb at all.

And I think that you should see and read everything here. You have to see how the real world works. You'll find out sooner or later here or somewhere else.

• I agree with you. If someone has come up with a well thought out question they deserve a well thought out answer no matter what their age.

• I think that if someone has an intelligent question/comment their age shouldn't matter. All of us were that age at one time and I am sure we had questions. Sometimes it's better to seek advice from strangers rather than friends/family because in a lot of situations, family will tend to "sugar coat" things because they don't want you to be exposed to certain things, and offer no real-life value. Things are a lot different for a 13 year old now than they were 30 years ago. They are exposed to things at a much younger age due to technology and movies now, and if they have a legitimate question then they have the right to get an intelligent answer. Better to help them than to ridicule them.

• Sometimes adults discrimination to the kids and look down upon them, That's not fair to all the young kids. I think everyone in this site have right to post thier own questions. That is the reason why GAG exist in this world. Especially help the kids and teenagers. Young kids Is the most important I think.

• I think this site was originally designed for adults, and kids just started coming on here for advice from older, more experienced and more mature people. I don't sometimes I feel like I'm not taken seriously, but I think that a lot of people will take my advice if it seems solid and I don't really comment unless I'm confident in my advice. It seems like a lot of people take my advice and overlook my age, even if I'm 10-15 years younger than them. No one's been really condescending or discriminating because I try to make myself look respectable, especially when I'm talking to someone older than me. I don't really think that age matters, its more of a matter of maturity and experience. For example, I typically comment on questions about shy guys and similar subjects similar to that. I don't comment on things that I don't have experience on because unless common sense can be applied, my advice wouldn't be helpful.
    So pretty much, I haven't had any negative experience on here regarding age because I try to give sound advice on subjects that I'm well versed on

• I do the same, but I still get lots of ridicule for it. Even if I end up getting MHO, there's almost always someone commenting on my age, usually in a negative way.

• That's weird, I never received any comments like that, only comments that they were surprised that I was only 14

• I get those a lot, too. Lots of people are surprised and some actually refuse to believe that I'm 13.

• Funny enough, usually it is the young people that I see making fun of the "old" people.

Anyway, if someone doesn't like how old you are, that their opinion.

• I haven't seen people being made fun of for being older. I've seen lots of harassment towards teens, though.

• Look i am not going to cut and paste for you every rude young person I have encountered. You are in fact being quite rude really. I was just pointing out an example of rudeness by a young person that had just happened. Maybe you don't think it happens as often because you don't pay attention to it, but it does. Sorry it happens to you. I am too "old" to care what others think really. I try to give helpful and constructive advice. If people don't like it or my age or whatever... they can click away. No sweat from me.

And as i said, you don't need to care about whether people think you are too old or young or whatever. Who cares. Do your thing.

• I was not intending to be rude. Chill.

• The only time we block underage people is when they are answering questions in regards to sexual activity or other things you don't need to be looking at or asking em. You should be thankful you'll even here this site used to be restricted to ages 16 only, but a bunch of people threw a fit and got it to were it is now and the reason why we don't take you underage people seriously is because you have no life experience and a lot of the questions on here regard that subject.

• Just you calling us underage drives me crazy.

• But..."used to be restricted to ages 16 only" They could've easily lied about their ages anyway.

• Adults can be wrong too! Too bad some will never realize this fact, even more neither do even some parents, thats for sure!

Good luck on developing further but... do not get yourself down because of "young age", everyone's been there so what's the deal. Ignoring/blocking A-holes is a great way to prevent being bullied at after being judged. However, take my word, that I'm surprised by your kind of behavior by being more mature (because some kidz believe swearing badwords is mature, while it is actually the opposite).

• Thanks. I actually have no problems with my age except the stereotypes I get attacked for even though I don't belong to any of them. I'm happy I'm this young because people can see that teens aren't all the same. I've blocked many people, some from this question specifically.

• It might be because of some so called kids (though I believe a kid is considered teenager since about 12) "troll" thus making adults believe that all kids on here are like that. Most adults lack ability to understand that some kids or people under 18 can have quite interesting and helpful opinions even though they are young. You can never know if you are talking to a genius or not :D

• Change your Age on this site to 17-18 then. Being 13 will only get people to treat you like a kid.

I've seen some pretty immature/cringeworthy posts by members 18+ and people respond to them regardless of their age.

• I've been here long enough that I'd get lots of crap for changing my age, but I've definitely considered it. I actually like being a young person on here. I get to make good points.

• "We're smarter than you think."

No, you're really not. You think you're smarter than you are. How do I know? Because I, and every other adult, used to be 13 and we all thought we were smarter than adults thought... Then we grew up and realized we weren't. And I was one of the precocious ones who was "mature for his age." but I still really knew nothing.

You do deserve to have your questions answered though, it's the only way you're going to get wiser and grow up.

• I'm not even going to try to respond to that because I have 53 other opinions here and some said the same things you just did. By the way, it's not the ONLY way. Precision of language, genius.

• I might check it out someday just to see if it has any sort of relevence

• @EtherBot if you do watch it, make sure you've forgotten the book. My mom read the book when she was in college and we watched the movie when it was in theaters and she thought it was great. And like I said, now that I've read the book, I greatly dislike the movie.

• Yup, it's happened to me too. I definitely know how you feel. #jointheclub

• You're much too young to be here. Wait three years and then you'll have the maturity necessary:p

• You ARE 13. And therefor lack a lot of life experience, and this being a site for sharing experience, I think that is a good thing.

Because you can't give very much to us, but you can still gain some advice that even adults didn't know the answers to. (Because they asked it)

So go ahead, be a kid on this site.

• Not much life experience? Interesting. So that means I can't use common sense to give good advice, right? I haven't experienced enough to know anything about situations that people older than me are dealing with, right? Interesting. Very interesting, indeed.

• As do you.

• Interesting.

• Mature ass adult here.

• That should never happen to any lady of any ages, it is just being rude. You should have your questions/my takes taken more seriously. That happens to me.

• I wouldn't worry about it, you're not missing out on much anyway

• What would I be missing out on?

• I think what he meant was that this site isn't that great a thing to want to be on. As in, you aren't missing out on anything by not being here, that you couldn't get somewhere else.

I disagree, but it is a compelling argument.

• Ok lol

But time adult we get it :)

• sorry just couldn't help it little ones

You guys are so young lol, what you want me to say hahah, I remember when I was 13 I felt all old and I can do anything... mmmm actually when I was 13 it wasn't so bad, good times :)

• Good for you.

• "If you think kids are stupid, let me know so I can block you" hue

What Girls Said 28

• There actually is some stuff on here that not even I want to see and I'm 20. lol
    I once came across a question with an innocent title, I click on the question and the first thing I see are pictures of vaginas...

Some of these questions need to have "WARNING: GRAPHIC" in their title. LOL

• Honestly I don't care too much about age, especially when it's you. You seem a lot more mature than a lot of people on here. You're definitely more mature than I was at 13. I was a little terror.

That being said, I do feel uncomfortable if I click on a rate me question. I usually just hit the back button. I don't feel comfortable rating a minor at all. Those are the only questions that bug me, unless it's really sexual.

I would have loved to have a site like this when I was a teen.

I do understand what you mean. Even though I'm 28, everyone still sees me as the kid. I'm the youngest in my family. I'm the youngest at my work. I'm even the youngest out of my friends. I swear most of my friends see me at that 15 year old girl still.

One of my mom's friends was actually surprised that I live by myself in the city. She thinks I'm way too young for that. By the time she was my age, she was married and divorced with three kids. I gave her some advice recently. Her response? "I'm surprised at how grown up you sound."

• That is pure crap. About the fact that you're looked at as a kid--I love your opinion.

• Thanks. :) I think it's because with my friends they're a lot older than me. I've always hung out with older people. Also with a lot of adults, they have a hard time accepting when a kid gets older. Unfortunately I get it more because I'm the youngest in the family. At work I'm the youngest by at least five years. Although by my age I don't think it should matter as much. I don't see a big difference between someone in their late 20s, and someone in their early 30s.

Just ignore the people who treat you like that. It says more about them than you.

• I know how it feels to be young. The youngest one of my brothers is twice my age (half brother).

Thanks :-)

• I think many people forget that getting older doesn't always equal having more experience or wisdom for dealing with things.

For example, I have a cousin who's in her 30s, but she's so immature that she still can't pay bills by herself, and parties so much she's constantly broke. My family members and some of her friends have had to give her money many times just so she could eat the next day:p She works (sometimes she'll be fired because she won't bother to actually show up too :p), so the only reason she's suffering is because she just refuses to act maturely.

I'm cheap to be honest, but I couldn't even imagine living how she does.

Also, I think many people forget too that there are so many different areas that someone can have experience in. So, so many kids have their own personal interests and topics they love to research... By assuming someone doesn't know anything because of their age, could really make someone miss out on useful information...

Lastly, not everyone acts the same because the're a certain age either, and I HATE it when people imply that to me. Look at this site for example and see how many ADULTS post about their relationship issues. Being older didn't stop them from getting manipulated at all! Just because the older ones tolerated certain things, doesn't mean that *I* do, even though I'm so much younger.

• Well you can't speak for everyone. I agree that you should be allowed. You can actually learn a few things from here. But you should speak for yourself. YOU may be mature, but I've seen some very immature users in your age range. And that's not to say there aren't any in mine, because there are plenty. I'm just saying. I agree, but don't generalize.

• I both agree and disagree with you. While I am still 18, almost 19, I still haven't experienced everything the world has to offer. At 13 there is no way to have the maturity and experience that many of the adults on here have. Now I'm not saying you are wrong or that all the 'adults' are necessarily mature but at the same time not many people want to take advice from someone younger than them, especially 13. That puts you in 7th or 8th grade, you haven't even experienced high school.
    With the immature content yes I am glad that there is somewhere for younger people to learn these things because I never had this opportunity. I think you need to be exposed to the information but not everything on here is accurate. And that is part of the problem, not that you are seeing the information but that you are being given the wrong information before you have an opportunity to experience it yourself.
    There are also creeps all over this website. There are people that I have blocked that went on to reverse google search my profile picture, found my Facebook page, and started texting me and threatening me if I didn't send them pictures. They don't care that you are 13.
    No one thinks that you are stupid, people just prefer advice from people that have experienced it. And I am not saying that at 18 I have the experience to say anything to you, I am not saying you shouldn't be here. I am saying you should be careful, don't believe everything you see, and most important accept the fact that you are 13 on a site full of adults and they are not going to be happy about it. Accept it and don't complain about it. I have seen you argue on multiple posts about this exact topic. But if you let it go then you would be the mature one in the situation.

• I believe I already covered most of that, but thanks, anyway. I see your points. If you read the other comments, I was talking to someone (no idea who, now) about how most of us know our limits and that we should stay away from certain stuff. Just me being me, I don't have any information on the internet that you don't see on this website. I don't have any other social media and that's by choice.

• Yes exactly, just because we are young doesn't mean we are daft, it all depends on the person, I block and report any person that messages me who even calls me "beautiful". I can take care of myself, there is nothing on here that we haven't been exposed to in society. Walk through the mall and guys are catcalling, read a book and there is sexual content. Hear boys at school talking about sex. Watch the news or a music video full of sexuality. There is nothing we haven't seen before on here.

• Shouldn't you be asleep now to wake up early for school tomorrow?

... kidding. Who cares what the adults have to say? You're still here right?

• Time zones. It's still before 8 here.

And yes, right. Correct. Totally, yes.

• YAS. I hate when adults think they are so much better than we are because they are wrong sometimes and that's one time they got everything opposite. We have problems, more than they do even. Just because they made it through puberty and were born before us doesn't make them any better than we are. They need to shut up and fuck off because if they think that we are going to get off this site they are terribly mistaken.

• I love you guys. I feel like a surrogate Aunt when I can advise you on matters of the heart, cause I have been there and to be honest, I am still figuring it all out!

I get a bit creeped out when kids not much older than my kid ask very inappropriate sex questions, though. I can't think of any off the top of my head. I know 13 year olds are curious, though. If it is too off the wall, I just don't read it through/answer it. Just keep doing what you do and don't let any one rain on your parade!

• Thanks :-)
      Thank you for being mature, unlike most of these adults

• haha, great comeback to that silly post! ;)

• I see your point. I actually agree with you. Maturity is acquired by experiences not age.
    The thing is times have changed so teens now know a lot of things that teens a few years ago did not know.

• I agree, we're the least experienced and we want help. Sure, adults have experience but sometimes they forget what it's like at our age. People who are a little older than you are the best ones for advice

• I have no problem with the fact that your 13 I've seen kid's that were not informed about the things they should be at your age and wound up in trouble because of it, lack of information is a WAY bigger problem then too much, I think if your old enough to really do it your old enough to be informed about it, and plus asking the more mature people their opinion might save you from doing something you might regret because they know and have been down that path already.

• I actually think it's really good that there are kids on here. You guys sometimes need advice from adults, especially when you have no one to talk to. I went trough some stuff when I was younger, it was really horrible, and I wish there was a site like this around where I could have gotten some comfort.

• People like to feel superior somehow, it really shows their own immaturity.

• Unfortunately the internet has corrupted most of youth today, and y'all are in a big hurry to grow up. Trust me, there's so rush to become an adult. With more knowledge comes more responsibility. You guys need to be out having fun with friends and focusing on school, and not worrying about what sex positions and what dick size is the best at the age of 14.

• Well that's good. At least you have the smarts to do so. Sadly many don't though.

• Yeah... sadly, yes.

• i see the bullying sometimes, i. e. "youre just a dumb kid" or things like that.

but adults are here to help children, experience helps those inexperienced.

and a word of advice, never call yourself smart. it only makes you look dumber. no matter what age or intelligence you are.
    an example, a comedian is less funny when he laughs at his own jokes. DISPLAY intelligence. [ show, don't tell ]
    and you will be smarter in a few years than you are now, it is undeniable that an older person has more experience than you are, and often a higher intelligence because of that and the bell curve of all IQs.

• some grammar errors, ignore those.

• if you didn't call yourself smart, who is "we" in the last paragraph?
      i like that you're trying.

• I said we're smarter than you think. Check again.

• I miss being 13 (._. ), those were the days.

• You may be smart enough, but not every "kid" is smart. Just like not every adult is smart.

Stupidity exists in every generation.

I just feel that sometimes it's the younger users who seem to be catty and acting immature when they get told something they don't want to hear.

• My point exactly...
      And yes, sometimes it is. Just like "adults" sometimes do that.

• I feel like 13 is too young to be on here but that's your business just don't let all the fucked up adults on here influence you. I think are too many OLD people on here like middle aged and up I think this site is more for teens and twenties and the old men are usually fucked up and creepy perverts anyway.

• Yeah, pretty much. I agree, but why do you think we're too young? (Just curious)

• Lol yes

• We're going to see that, anyway. The news and magazines and everything else is getting pretty horrible.

• THANK YOU.
    Couldn't agree with you more!

• I have no problem with kids on here. And you seem very mature for 13. The only thing that gets a bit uncomfortable for me is getting advice on dating from someone younger than 18. But its their right to be here, and at least their offering their help and advice.

• I understand what you mean. Some adults think so little of people under 18, when in reality some people under 18 are really smart.
    Why did you say too many adults though? to get your point across?

• There are too many adults here that think that way towards us. Not just on here, even. It was partly to get my point across, but I do mean it.

• Oh I see what you mean, I thought you meant too many adults period and not too many adults that belittle someone because of their age.
      Unfortunately though it's not just here.

• It's only because people are stuck in the past. When most of us were 13 we were going to the movies or just hanging out outside. Hell, I was about 13 when the internet became popular lol. Excuse me for saying so, but kids your age, in my opinion, shouldn't even be around or know about the things adults talk about. You should just enjoy being a kid and having little to no responsibilities.

• That's the thing--there are so many things for us to worry about now because of adults. I have health problems that lots of adults don't have any idea young people can have, or to this extent. I have so many responsibilities that I can't just relaxe and be a kid whenever I want. We have lives, too. We have things to do and things to worry about.

If we aren't supposed to "be around" or know what adults talk about, take down the whole internet and get rid of TV and movies.

• I'm sorry, that really sucks.
      I had my childhood taken, so I honestly don't know what normal teenagers do. Or even what they are or aren't supposed to be around. It's just my opinion. Kids shouldn't have to worry about any of that shit, they should just enjoy life. But the world is full of people who think they what's best for everybody else. My advice, ignore the adults that tell you, you don't know anything just because you're young. They don't know what it's like to be a kid these days.

• Exactly!

• sure you're right..

but isn't there a forum on nick jr or something >>

• yeah i know what you mean, some young ones do say smart things others dont tho

• Ok so besides your rant, what's the question?

• What's up with the adults thinking kids are dumb while the adults are perfect geniuses?

• Not that kids are dumb (see thats a kid thing to say), its more like kids are inexperienced, therefore adults want to give kids good experiences to build on not exposure to some website thats filled with questions about dicks, nipples, pussies, vaginas, fucking, sucking, licking... yea you get the point

• They're just mad because they're control freaks.