Anyone else notice all the deactivations of accounts?

I've noticed A LOT of people on here suddenly deactivating their accounts. Really active and popular ones, even.

Anyone else notice it? Anyone know why?

It freaks me out when I see a follower or following if mine is gone because I don't expect it and I never know why. Good friends of mine have totally disappeared for no apparent reason...

• I've noticed
  • I had no idea
  • I like watermelon...
All those down votes were not from me, by the way. Probably just another creeper.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have noticed this a bit too, I'm guessing that's why GAG is so quiet these days..

What Guys Said 31

• Didn't notice, but i also have my days where I am not really going on the site much. I don't really follow user names around or anything.

Honestly people leaving I'd imagine would have to do with redundancy. A lot of people keep asking the same questions over and over again.

• It's probably because it takes to many points to get an Amazon gift card. It's probably best if the website lowers it back to 4,000 points 😏

• I haven't noticed a mass deactivation... please, do tell!

Who has recently left this internet town known as GaG? :(

• Look through the other comments... I've named a few. Some others may name more. I know one of them got a new account but the I'm not sure about the others.

• I noticed now that yaddayaddayadda02 is gone, who are others?

• I named a few in some other comments and there are lots more. Kain7th deactivated then made a new one to start over. I'm pretty sure Nothing_ did the same thing.

• Don't be embarrassed for their stupidity. There are time when I consider it because I get harassed for my age a lot.

• HOLY FUCK YADDA IS GONE

• So many members are 13 or 14, are inherently faddish in the first place, always chasing the latest 'cool' site.

we older folks more and more feel out of place! Even 22 year old 'old folks!

• This is the only site I'm on, other than planetminecraft. That's not what I'm talking about, anyway. Most of the ones leaving are the popular ones with lots of xper and followers and questions and all that stuff. The one lots if people knew and liked.

• Haven't really noticed it.
    Now that you mention it, I haven't seen yaddayaddad02 or whatever his exact name was for a while.
    He probably got tired of people calling him old. I saw him getting really disrespected in General lately.

• He is gone now.

• He was pretty cool. Sorry to see him go.

• Yeah, I got to tease him a lot. Nothing like harassing or anything, just pure fun. We were really sarcastic with each other.

• They all come back. ALL OF THEMMMMMM.

• I never usually notice. I tend to keep to my own little corner.

• Ermm, I've noticed some of the Catfishes are gone, lmao.
    Other than that, nope. :')

• I never noticed that, Oh my if @chocolateismylover deactivated their account, I'd have no one to stalk :'(.

• I haven't noticed recently but over the years it's happened.

• I've noticed a lot just suddenly leaving in the past couple weeks.

• Even though I'm not as active on here anymore yes I have noticed. Over the past two years I've watched a lot of good people go. Some just randomly stop checking gag, never to be seen again.

• Yes, like @MatthewCurtis
      His account is still here, but he hasn't been here for a long time. I think the last time he messaged me was November.

• UI wonder if I was to deactivate my account today who would miss me Tommorow on here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRLSQDCkcaA

• Don't be afraid eveyone! i am still here! who am i, you may wonder. well, one of the most, if not the most, handsome person on GaG. i don't blame you for not knowing, i'm not that popular yet. anyway, i would like to say one more thing, and that is: i absolutely love watermelon!

• i haven't really noticed tbh.

• Well lucky for everyone I'm still here 😃

• Its probably my fault

• I didn't notice. Could you give examples?

• @kain7th and some more that I'm not exactly sure on their usernames

• I have no idea why they're leaving. Maybe they just don't wanna be part of this site anymore. Or they could be creating new accounts...

• I thought of that, too. It's odd, though.

• I haven't noticed at all mainly because I've never focused on anyone's name here.

• I think because people want to have their questions answered and maybe wanna help people with theirs, but you reach a point where you don't really need or want to do it anymore. Most questions now are just complaints in a not-so-clever disguise.

• I've never noticed and dont really care either, people go on and off over here

• Yes i noticed today someone nice left and it was cause she was getting harassed

• Mind if I ask who?

• I came long way on here but with this harassment on Opinions and
      nothing is done about it I may consider leaving i can't handle people
      coming on my Opinions and harass me than I am penalized for it

• DON'T LEAVE!

• People will come and go. I have seen it happening for past 1 year. On an average many people will deactivate it or use very rarely. I may go too.

• GAG has no mobile app. So i am gonna deactivate soon too.

by the way, what kind of harassment is there on GAG?

• Galaxy not 4 displays like a mobile app on my phone. You sure theirs no mobile app?

• Age, sexism, racism... you name it. I've seen lot on here.

• Its either they deactivated or they got suspended by the admins.

• They're all part of The Group Anonymous.

• I haven`t noticed because I'm relatively new

• As long as @Prettykangaroos , @ihav2fart and @Chocolateismylover are here G@G is still alive for me.

• :D well ;D maybe they already got their answers here :D

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 28

• I never notice right away when active users leave. However, after reading through your comments and seeing who you named, I'm really surprised that yaddayaddayadda02 left. He was basically on here all the time. I sometimes consider deleting my account but I doubt I will any time soon.

• I take a few GaG breaks and I don't notice much. But Yadda is gone! NO!! I liked his opinions ;(

I don't blame the users who left. Sometimes the redudancy here gets me annoyed and I feel like deactivating sometimes too.

• I haven't noticed it lately, but about a year or so ago, I noticed a ton of really well-known users deactivated and left without a word. It was really strange, and a lot were people I really enjoyed, so it sucked, but it happens.

• It's a plague! It happens every February!

• @Toad-1 Well yeah, I think that's probably why a lot of them left, but I believe it was right before that as well, a lot of users I really liked suddenly all left.

• @Toad-1 @opinionowner
      IT'S THE February PLAGUE!

• Yeah, whenever I look at someone's account how had messaged me and was actually be very rude, their account is always deactivated. I think it's probably just because someone actually reported them, instead of being lazy and doing nothing like I did. I haven't noticed the popular deactivated accounts though.

• Honestly I haven't noticed anyone unless they make a question about it before they leave.

I know someone mentioned that one of the popular members left today, but he didn't specify and honestly I still have no clue.

• A lot of popular ones have left

• I know but a lot of them announced it as of today someone didn't some say it's yada but I don't know.

I mean people leave and get suspended all the time the only difference is no one begins to care unless they're popular.

And it's actually become recent since a lot of the updates a couple of them have said the site is becoming boring others have had problems with the age limit and others are for reasons unknown.

• @yaddayaddayadda02 left

• 🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉

• Oh really? Did not even tell lol
    Because my profile is private
    So I don't let others to follow me

I'm only following few people.
    And I have few people following me
    So far only one has close his account
    But came back :D with a different username

• The cat man?

• @Toad-1 you're a good guy. It's fine :-)

• Just a creeper. Everyone has at least one down vote and it wasn't from me.

• I did not realize until you mention. Many of them returned though. Yada was fun and great user.

• I noticed a few. This place would feel weird without the cat !

@toad-1

• Kain7th is still here under another username. They just want a clean start in a new account.

• I just had like a lengthy convo with one guy and they he just deactivated. I was like ok. Take my advice and don't even bother mho. Ugh.

• I consider it sometimes. I like wasting time on here when I'm on break at work though. I'm more active here during the winter but once hiking season starts, I won't be on here as much.

• I plan on deactivating mine for the 4th and final time soon. Just wanna get me a gift card and peace out. This site has hotten stale to me

• I have noticed too. People have various reasons for leaving, one I know came back, some I know it was just their time to move on. It happens.

• It does. Quite often.

• There's a whole league of people i knew who are no longer on here from ages ago. they all just come and go.. yet i cannot lol.

I think the only real thing that would keep me away is another website.. or a busier life lol

• @Toad-1 my life is busy enough, I just have enough downtime to waste online.

• yup! we're dropping like flies! ;)

• the thing is though, I think at a point we each stop needing this site and move on with our lives. which is a good thing.

• I've exchanged email with 1 user. when I'm ready to go I'll prob do the same with a few more.

• Good plan, good plan. I'll probably do the same.

• What happened to @LastGirlScout and @JoinTheParchirty (not sure how to spell it)?

Also, I miss that Error guy.

• i didn't know :(

• I don't know a lot of stuff that happens on here and I'm fine with it

• Yeah, such as @AnimeDreama, all the accounts from @sandplanet, & all the accounts @betweenthesheets had.

• I didn't even know we could diactivate our accounts :/

• Should I reveal the secret or should I leave you to suffer your time on this prison of a website? 😉

• Nah, this website and I are destined soul mates to bother others. I'll suffer gracefully.

• HAHAH ok, good

• Don't you leave me!!! D: @Maazin

• I voted C.
    What's watermelon?

• I used to be pretty popular here but I got hissy over the exact age thing and quit. Then I got bored half an hour later and made this account.

• Most likely catfish getting caught

• Not all of them, though. That's definitely a possibility, but the ones I know were real.

• I didn't notice that. Maybe they were tired of being here or decided that it was time to leave.

• Yes I have noticed not any more then usual though.

• What's weird is the people leaving just recently are pretty well known and used to be really active on here. Then they disappeared.

• It happens from time to time. They get bored or tired & move on.

• I guess

• It was pretty depressing to know all those people are gone :O

• I knowtised one guy who was messaging me deactivated his account but I don't know why

• I've noticed it, it could be because of the changes?

• Possibly... I didn't think about that. I wouldn't think that some of them would leave just because of that, though.

• Yea, it seems like a silly reason, but its the only thing I could think of that would make a lot of people leave

• Yeah, good point