Please tell me why do people write long explanations in their details when no one will read it?

Why do people have these extremely long explanations?

-It's hard to read all that material on a computer and without proper spacing.

Why don't you keep it simple?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think those long-winded questions are also frequently followed-up with frustrated "why isn't anyone reading ALL of my question and answering ALL of the questions in it?". Writing concisely and clearly is more challenging than rambling questions. in my opinion that challenge is what separates short posts from long posts.

What Girls Said 5

• Unless they are rambling on, I have no problem reading

• I can see two reasons for it:
    - They're new on the site and they don't know that most people won't read the details.
    -They're desperate or worried and they're looking for genuine help, they tell everything so other people can help them.

• Some people might want to read it and for the people who care, I'm sure they enjoy it. As for everyone else, it's not bothering them and they don't have to read it if they don't want to so why not?

• At least utilize the Enter key on the keyboard.

• I agree on that but some people are just terrible with computers and/or grammar, they just don't get it.

• You mean on the profile?

• Under the 'Details' section when you ask a question.

Example:
      Notice how some people write pages of continuous detail with no spacing like what I am about to do which makes it really hard to read on any kind of electronic device especially when it has zero sentence structure. It's like the worlds longest run on sentence that keeps going on and on and on like the Duracell energizer bunny. In fact yes the next commercial should be about long winded responses. Have I made my point yet or do I have to continue because this is just an exaggeration and not drawn to scale. They are usually way longer. My point is that it's hard to read when it's too long and without proper spacing.

• Lol I get it. I'm guilty of that sometimes. But I do usually try to include at least one break in the paragraph.

• Thank you

• i don't know. i try to make it short but i always feel like there are things that are relevant.

like you see the questions that say "she looked at me, does she like me?" how should i know, explain!!!

What Guys Said 2

• Do breaks count as character space? I guess for me, it's just to thoroughly answer the question and address any anticipated rebuttals.

• Some people don't have reading difficulties.