Why people leave GAG? Especially if they are very active?

Today i've noticed a "Master" of GAG (i guess you know who i'm talking about) was inactive... i was shocked : O

What's the point of it? Someone throws away all his Xper and even "Guru" and "Master" badges?

I don't see the point of someone cancelling his/her account... it's really sad in my opinion. One day you might regret what you've done...

Anyway i find surprising how someone can leave this site, generally :-P

0|0
9|11

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

• You can redeem your Xper points, he probably redeemed them before he canceled. Some people leave GAG because they are busy or they have "done their time" on here :) I was about to leave this site a couple months ago but I'm like "noooooo o: " not ready yet.

0|4
    0|0
  • Eh, people have different reasons for leaving. Some users get bored, others get busy with "real life," etc.

1|1
    0|0
  • I've always thought it was strange too. It seems like it happens an awful lot though. I think people just get bored of seeing the same old questions over and over.

0|1
    0|0
  • We should never assume that they left willingly or just cause. Maybe there was an issue in their personal life that made it impossible for them to continue here. We don't know if his family knew he posted and shared and if they were supportive. Could be several reasons a person leaves suddenly.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have deserted every blog, vlog, or social account, eventually.
    Everything bores me, given time.
    I don't think that is very rare.
    I mean, when was the last time you played checkers?

0|0
    0|0
  • because at some point it's time to move on to something better in life. maybe those people met someone, to date or even just a good friend, and are getting over their lonliness. good for them!

0|0
    0|0
  • people probably delete there gag accounts cause be busy with work or were board or ether got bullied I almost deleted my account but then I dasided to stay

0|0
    0|0
  • Who knows?

Maybe reallife go too busy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Could be they were busy else where in life. Might be they simply got bored with GAG.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• he never had any real advice, just one line answers for his points

1|1
    1|0
  • Are we talking about yadda here? I have no idea why he would leave. It's depressing. In the words of Jacky, it's like we've lost our internet father.

2|2
    1|0
    • yeah i'm talking about him

• Maybe he got bored. He was one of the ones who had answers to all the questions, I doubt he really benefited or gained anything from the site. I also doubt he cared about rank, xp, or Amazon giftcards.

0|1
    0|0
  • im sure he had his reasons. and who knows maybe he cashed out before leaving.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most people who leave... end up coming back anyway! :-P

My activity level wavers from time to time... but I never delete my account.

Why delete 5 years of statistics and reputation, when I can just go on a recess and return later? :-P

0|0
    0|0
    • correct... after all you're almost a Master... so it wouldn't be wise to give up your account now LOL

• I may go absent for days at a time, but my profile's always here!

• Who was the member?

0|0
    0|0
  • They are manipulated by Devil

0|0
    0|0
  • Time to put all these delusional ideas to action in the real world. Watch meh fail so hard at this..

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he got too busy with life and didn't have the time for GAG anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been off these days because busy... but im not leaving :D

0|0
    0|0