Questioning the age of users on this site?

I have been noticing a lot of post from both guys as well as young women posting that they are in Jr High or High School but their Avatars age shows them to be in their 20s. I am a bit puzzled as to why would they not choose to post their actual age. All comments welcome.

I try very hard to be respectful in my answers as well as other posts regardless to age. But I see where you younger adults may have come to expect older adults to look down on you , and maybe brush you off. I was just wondering. Thanks for your replies

Most Helpful Guy

• Like others have mentioned, it's a matter of wanting to be respected. Personally, I don't think age is a good way to gauge how much respect a person deserves considering the fact that some legal adults have the maturity of an adolescent and vice-versa.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe because under 18 people are not always taken seriously. sometimes for people like me that are17 and when people see under 18 they think --> 12 year old kid !

• In my case my avatar is is younger than my real age. It was a mistake. But maybe... I don't know. People do look down on younger people with stupid answers.

What Guys Said 5

• Usually when kids or teens sign up on sites, they usually have to be an adult so they lie on their DOB so that they can gain access to the site.

• People give less respect to Under 18 users, so they're hiding behind false ages/avatars to try and be taken more seriously.

• Yeah some people have profiles saying they're 18-24 but they ask a question literally stating they are 15.

• maybe they are indeed 20, but just immature

• Posting about Jr High problems whether relationship or peer problems is a give away

• Probably because under 18 users usually tend to be looked down upon in this site. So they use a different age to fit in with a certain group of people..