Does your age being shown bothers you?

I wish there was at least an option to turn it off so if someone wants their age to show then they can, but then the people who don't want it to show can turn it off. Since I'm 14 I get comments like "I wanted answers from people who are grown and know what they're talkingn about" or if it's a question about something sexual people go "sorry this questions isn't appropriate for you" and every once in a while I get "You're only 14, why should I be listening to you?"
Just because I'm young and inexperienced, doesn't mean I can't have advice or a good opinion about something. And I don't want to put my questions on anon all the time.

I see why seeing the ages are a good thing now. Because you may end up giving the wrong advice t someone who is too young to be doing what you said. And you would have no idea. It's just kind of aggravating for someone as young as me because people never take me seriously.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, it doesn't bother me. I can understand your frustration but honestly, I'm glad the younger users real ages are shown. There's a big difference between a 14 year old and a 17 year old when it comes to posting sexually related posts. I like being able to make the distinction rather than only seeing "under 18" beside their username.

What Guys Said 8

• I seldom discuss sexual things with people as young as you. for most things it would be just wrong, and on many others it can seem wrong, even if it isn't. So I am happy that ages are shown. The only problem I see is that as an anonymous user, a 13 year old could be seen the same as a 17 year old.

The two most important things as to whether I get into discussions with youth your age is the topic, like I will not discuss oral sex with a 14 year old, and the apparent maturity of the Asker. I will often Answer honest questons by someone quite young if they are very mature, as you seem to be. But of course, I still won't go into certain areas, regardless of how mature they seem.

• I don't mind my age be showed but if you getting unwanted messages
    you need take action to report them and block them well the ages shown
    are to more of less protect you.

• of course not...

otherwise i'd go anonymous if i was ashamed of it

• I actually love having my age beind shown, but I can understand the reasons you don't like it.

• Well, you're at that perfect age lol It's all downhill from here, buddy XD

• Once you hit 22, the very day that you do, everything will go wrong and never stop lol

Like, I'm serious, as soon as the clock changes to midnight, it will be like cinderella. All of a sudden you'll wake up covered in pumpkin flavored vodka wearing a raggedy dress, when you could have sworn you were just at a magnificent ball

• @M_A_X lol, this bad? Now I'm glad I turned into 21 less than a month ago.

• Not at all, I do feel older than most though... such an old man...

• No I'm proud of my age

• It doesn't bother me, its all good

• How unfortunate. I'm 15 so I get taken seriously. c:

What Girls Said 11

• I actually had made a suggestion to show ages and only use age groups for anons, I'm sure it wasn't because of my suggestion but I'm glad they did it.

• I know you want to be taken seriously, and people should be nicer about how they say these things, but the reality is that advice from a 14 year old when you're in your 20s or 30s isn't helpful, because no matter how smart a kid you might be, you ARE a kid and you can't possibly understand grown up affairs.

And as frustrating as I remember it being to be talked down to at your age, there really are things that most of us would feel very uncomfortable giving you advice about, since they're things that are not age appropriate.

• Yes. I find it slightly disrespectful of GaG displaying such personal information. I would of liked to expose such information to certain people not the whole general public of GaG. I hope they do something about it, sooner then later.

But I would assume, people know how old I am now, so even doing the option of turning on/off can't undo what has already been done.

• No of course it doesn't bother me. I can understand why you don't, I wouldn't like that either if I was your age and people though I was too immature and things were too inappropriate or having nothing to contribute. Don't listen to those people though. They are the immature one and they're the ones who have nothing to contribute.

• I like the age showing. . but I've seen some younger people give the same advice as I would have. people just to tend to value someone's opinion who's been in the situation. ..

• I like the age showing. Anon it shows as 45 & up which I hate. Wish it was no age or over 18 for anon. I don't feel anon when it says 45 and up given Im a minority, not hard to figure out its me even as anon.

• It doesn't bug. I Actully like it. Let's me see everyone's age and they see mine so I don't get as many messages from 30 years olds asking in I'm about 18 or something.

• Even with my age showing I still get messages from 30 year old creeps, lol xD
      But I can see why the age being shown is a good thing now

• @Littlett25 some Indian guy messaged me as well. The first day we talked he seemed like a normal person, then the next day he was aying how much he missed and how he was staring at my picture o-e

• Yeah, Asker, that's how the guy I talked to was too. It seems like every guy I talk to on here end up being obsessed...

• I don't mind that my age shows I don't get a lot of messages or questions asking in from 30 year olds cause I'm a bit younger then them

• I don't care.

• Well I care... I thought we had something special lol

• I don't mind, people can make their own assumptions based on my comments. I guess that being an 'older' under 18 it's fine, because people rarely respond negatively :)

• Yes because someone is less likely to accept an opinion from a 14 year old.