Who rules thinks than these questions should be banned?

I think that religious questions should be banned from gag. All they do is cause hate and no one on either side makes a very good argument. Usually. Who else thinks they just cause disagreements?

Just noticed... who else*** damn

Most Helpful Girl

• I do agree that they create heated arguments/debates but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

So either once someone shares their option/belief they should stay in their own lane instead of trying to bash someone's else's belief or telling them that it's wrong. Especially when a lot of people suck at debating.

But of course that's not going to happen so either people that don't really like the question should avoid it when it pops up, unfollow it, or restrict it.

But religion isn't the only kind of questions that should be banned and causes hate... but again that will never happen.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't think they should be banned. But people really need to learn how to have intelligent discussions when talking about religion, and both sides need to keep an open mind about different views. Censorship solves nothing.

• Ok maybe it doesn't but it'll stop the hate on here. Open mindedness is rare these days

• There's haters in every topic on here, so where will the line be drawn in terms of what questions to ban here?

• By that same argument you should ban any questions about gay rights or abortions or underage sex or drugs or any thing even slightly controversial which is this entire site.

• There's a difference. Religion is a lifestyle that many people die for. That's a lot more serious than crying for weed. Gay rights... well you have a point there. Underage is up to individual. I don't ask sexual questions here anymore even though I'm just as legal as anyone else is in their country. It really isn't worth it

• As with all questions, just don't open them if you don't want to take part. There are days I'm up for them and days that I stick entirely to who's your favorite Simpson questions.

• I dont think they should be banned at all, asking questions is part of learning so why should there be a ban on someone learning something new on this site? I've asked many questions on here about religion and have learnt so much from the responses i got so i dont think there should be a ban on something that so many people have questions about

• Everyone's entitled to express their beliefs.

• I don't know why people would want to censor opinions.
      I like reading them.
      It's like the Emperor's clothes all over again each time they come out.

• HUeh?
      oh lol
      Well... "seeing other people's perspective" surely is a very conservative way of putting "I like seeing how unfathomably stupid a person can get"

• @illusive_man yeah lol. That's more like it 😂

• No, people just need to become more educated and open minded about religion

• The question and topic aren't the problem, the people are the problem.

What Guys Said 13

• it also has potential to create entertainment.

• what about the "turkish" related questions?

• Honestly it doesn't matter what you ban there are gonna be stupid pointless conversations when you deal with people, that just the nature of the internet, if it isn't one hot button topic its another so I don't really see the point, if you don't like the discussion just ignore it.

• It would be against the Constitution:

georgiainfo.galileo.usg.edu/.../...20Amendment.jpg

• A lot of people here, like myself, are not Americans so your laws don't apply

• @asker you don't like that law? you support censoring some speech? as in you could be locked up in jail for what you say?

• Congress shall make no law--not GaG.

• I don't think that's necessary.

The internet, especially on a forum site like this, is one of the FEW places that people are able to discuss topics, like religion and race, openly.

Just report/delete opinions and comments as necessary, but censoring the ENTIRE TOPIC altogether, is too much.

• I don't think they should be banned all together but I do think that the questions should be tagged accordingly and reported if they're not.

• A mature debate is always healthy. It helps people to understand the perspectives of others when done properly. Though, usually it's one side trying to bash the other so it can get annoying. I make a consistent effort to ignore those.

• Nooooo!!!

Where else you expect me to read hilarious comments and troll people?

PS: Yes, religion should be banned & forgotten in overall. Time for people to move on and stop with those superstitions.

• People believe in santa claus but O don't see anyone trying to knock them down. A parent would half kill you if you tried to tell their child that he was fake

• because Santa Claus doesn't prevent people from getting married, doesn't encourage bullying someone for having different beliefs or biological needs and he doesn't tell me to go to hell for doing something I love.

• But Tolga makes too much money off the hits they provide! Don't deprive him of his dollars!

• so dont click on them, dont interest me so i dont look... simple

• we shouldn't ban any type of questions, freedom of speech

• The questions shouldn't be banned. Any offensive comments should be banned

• Thus no contradiction possible? And freedom of speech? Of course, personally offensive questions should be banned, not religiously offensive. Would you ban Jefferson's Bible too? And the Skeptics annotated Bible? The Roman Catholic Bible too perhaps?

• I said offensive comments should be banned. That doesn't mean and end to freedom of speech. Would you say banning racism, sexism or homophobic comments would be a breach of freedom of speech?

I'm not religious. I don't believe in god but I will not mock over peoples beliefs just because I don't agree with them. Everyone has the right to free speech. However if they abuse that right to try and deliberately offend people. Then they should be banned.

• People should only be banned if they personally offend people like calling you names, etc. If they present you with a well-constructed argument that offend your belief, then tough luck, you're losing the debate so suck it up.

• Screw you, it's entertaining to fuck with bible thumpers and show all their fallacies in their alleged "logic".

• No, you have accept Jesus. Open up and let him inside of you.

• That's not the only damn religion. Open your mind. Who said I'm even a Christian?

• The majority of people on this website are, if they want to bring Judaism or Islam to the table, I'll debate that too. But the majority of what I see are bible thumpers going "COME ON GUYS, WE'VE GOT TO BAN TOGETHER TO SUPPORT OUR IDIOTIC RELIGION!"