GaG Expert Chat, anyone else failing to see the point?

I don't quite get the expert chats. They ask us questions but they are the supposed experts? I'm confused, shouldn't it be the other way around? They should be answering us.

Don't get it.

• There was never a moon landing and Obama is a secret Muslim.
  • I'm a lumberjack and I'm Ok.
  • I don't like the taste of peanut butter and jelly, but I love kissing ass.
  • I don't understand your poll but I feel the need to click...
I think this question just turned into a Python sing-a-long :)

Abandon question!
Run away! Run away!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the 'experts' are those people who are professional life coaches / therapists / advice gurus etc..

Sure, guys like Tony Robbins got their own TED talk on how to tell you to think positive. But at the end of the day, a lot of your GAG'ers will tell you to think positive too.

The title 'expert' is somewhat misleading. They'll obviously have to hit a certain believability threshold in their columns to make a career out of it that the rest of us aren't worried about.

Still, I see very fine insights from ordinary GAG'ers every day. Its a lot for anyone to top. But they might get extra traffic if GAG promo's them, I don't know if they pay for it or if it is just some kind of win-win (they help provide content in return for traffic), but its mostly a business-deal the way I see it (I of course do not know for sure, I am simply guessing here).

A speculative question demands speculation though. :)

But whatever their usefulness or lack thereof, I'm a lumberjack and I'm Ok.

• The burning question is though: do you sleep all night and work all day? :P

• I chop down trees, wear high heels, silk panties and a bra...

• @Gray_sailor I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear papa!

What Guys Said 4

I don't really pay much attention to the experts. I've never really understood the point myself.

• It's like every feature... it appeals to some and some dislike it.
    I'm not a favourite of the expert chats either, but someone who's unexperienced in dating and just starts may be very grateful if there's an expert chat about first dating experiences.
    In a community of users like GAG you can try to do good for many but never for all :-)

• What kind of a poll is that? you are high up there?

• I don't know about them, BUT i am an expert at bullshitting, including this answer too

What Girls Said 2

• I don't understand the gag expert chat either.

• Some are informative others seem pointless