Why was my question not featured?

Last night I sent the message plus the link to the question and still over 10 hours later I haven't heard anything back.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because there is a long queue for featured questions. GAG will automatically send you a message that says they received your request to redeem Xper points, and your question will be featured soon afterwards. However, it can take up to a couple of weeks because there is a waiting list.

• It's first come, first served as @douride2 pointed out.

• Had I known that I would of never sent the request

• I rarely feature my own questions because of the way the system works, especially if it's a question where I'm seeking advice. I generally want the advice ASAP. If it's just a general question where I want to know what people think about something, then I don't care as much about waiting.

What Girls Said 1

• It depends on how many questions are ahead of your request. first come is the way it works. I have heard it can take up to a week or more at times.

What Guys Said 3

• you probably have to wait in line. some people wait for days on end or weeks.

• Geez by that time I really won't need any other suggestions about it

• Could take around 7 days before you get featured. It's a long wait, and it could be much better.

• The featured question system is pretty shoddy, sometimes they want you to choose MHO before you're question has even been featured, sometimes you click on a featured question and MHO was already selected weeks ago. lol