Why was my comment removed for spam when it was not spam?

Someone asked one of those already asked a million times questions and my response was to use the search feature on this site if you are new and I even said thanks. It was removed and I got a message from GaG saying that was removed for spam.

According to the FAQ I didn't do any of these things, I simply suggested using the search feature on the site.

Spam – If you include links or personal information for the sole purpose of advertisement or solicitation, your post will be removed. If the post is just advertisement or solicitation, it will be removed.
- Questions/Takes asking members to rate the appearance of anyone other than yourself will be removed.
- Questions/Takes only asking for others to chat will be removed as Spam.

Funny how I am being spammed for real right now in my messages from some chick named Fatima lol

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 1

• [this comment has been removed. Reason: spam]

What Girls Said 5

• In my opinion that should not have been removed. As a mod, I would not have removed that myself. I have advised people to use the search feature before, that's not spam. If you want, you can message the admins and ask for a more detailed explanation of the removal.

• @xHoneyxBeex Thanks I will because I didn't feel like that was spamming or soliciting to suggest using a feature on the site and I have seen others do the same thing.

• Yeah, you should because that's pretty ridiculous.

• I agree... The same thing just happened to me. I was asking a question, this is girls ask guys right? I've seen far worse

• It doesn't sound like spam and it should have not been removed. I don't know what made them remove it. You should message the admins. Or just... let it go.
    They have removed a couple of my opinions too. Some of them were fair removals, I must admit... while others... not so much.

• I've had the same sort of thing happen, but not for spam. I had a comment saying something that was complete and utter sarcasm (it was obvious) and it was removed for being offensive. Nothing in that was offensive, anyway, even if it were to be taken seriously.

• @ nert73 Almost anything said can be considered offensive on here depending on how someone sees it.

• That happened to me before too we were going back and forth some things I said were removed but I was being flooded with notifications because he wouldn't shut up that is why I'm glad we can block anonymous users now.

• Yes! He was bugging me 2 months after I had shared my opinion and he was anonymous so I couldn't do anything about it. If I didn't answer, he'd keep commenting and not stop until I did answer.

• Either you did break the rules somehow but didn't realise or there's some confusion. Contact an admin if you disagree with the removal.

• I love spam