What makes you message someone on GaG?

For those of you who do direct message people on GaG, why? Responding to a question or because you think they have interesting opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 17

• I have messaged people to follow up on a topic without getting into things that I don't want to share with the world, or that I believe that person would not want to share with the world. Some times I banter a bit with someone in "public" but that keeps notifying the question poster and opinion owner, so we take it private. People have messaged me to say that they saw a post and wanted my opinion on something about it. Often these sharings turn into ongoing trusting questions and answers, and even to friendships. There are a few people on here that I have even begun emailing as we share things about our lives and ask for help in matters. When you interact with so many people, you are bound to find at least a few who make good friends.

• Most of the time they come to me but If I ever have its about a question In there thread

• When I like their fake profile picture

• I don't really message someone pro-actively cos well... a guy doing that would come off as a bit creepy won't it?
    But I do have occasional good chemistry with some of the peeps I talk to so that's always nice.

Kikking with one in fact.

• Creepy, depends on the message content and the person you're messaging :) totally agree though it's great if you click with someone :)

• Yeah, what Asker said. No, it's not always creepy. It just depends on what you say lol @Illusive_Man

• @PLLFan21
      Oh yeah lol?
      What are some good conversation openers the?
      The internet weather lol?

• if they have a profile filled up, that's something i can work with. If they make interesting posts, i might message them about it

• I don't message anyone unless they do it

But i never turn anyone away

• Alotta times it's because they'll seem like someone e I wanna become friends with but most of the times girls seem to think a guy will only talk to them because he wants a relationship or sex... lol I'm starting to get annoyed so I'm kinda backing off messaging people

• if i want him/her to ask sth basiclaly

• @Klaatu51 You must never get chance to reply to anyone you get that many :)

• hahahah yeah truth is i get lots of notifications... :-P

• Sometimes I'm just aftaid to do it unless either they say something like "message me" for whatever reason, or if they message me first. I don't want people to think I'm a creep.

• Start a conversation, the worst they'll do is not message back. I've never regretted messaging someone first :)

• I message because I can't reach my elbows

• It's rare I message anyone at all. There's only 1 o message every now and then.

• i don't message. don't like it. the only messages i got sounded like they were copied and pasted to send to multiple users at once.

• They message me first, otherwise I don't message other G@Gers.

• Only when it comes to things that have something to do with the question or opinions..

• "Responding to a question or because you think they have interesting opinion"

both

• I don't message anyone here, girls message me to chat... they initiate...

• Their question! Or some private talk (professional talk)

What Girls Said 11

• I almost never message people first. Not because I'm not interested in them but I get nervous lol. That's my shy side coming out. I worry about bothering people.
    If they message me first I usually love to chat.

• I've only messaged a few people on here and it was because we've talked through questions. I respond to pretty much every message that I get though. Unless they're creepy or rude.

• I don't message first. Users message me first and I usually continue the conversation.

• There's only been like two people I've messaged first on here. One was to send a meme the other to compliment a picture.

• Something about their profile pic, what they said, if they seem interesting, or just need a someone to talk to or a new friend. :) Plus any serious talks in the comment section I think should be carried over to PM.

• If I find what they had to say interesting and wanted to know more about them.

• I just realized I never messaged anyone first
    Except once

• I have once or twice because they had an interesting point of view on many topics.

• I only message the users I follow.

• I do that as way to meet frieands and talk to new frieands and messaging is something I like to do

• There are many reasons. One reason is that people find te other persons opionated interesting and would like to talk more to them about it or just about their other options in a space that is easier to message back and forth. Other times people will randomly message people just because they're bored and want someone to talk to. And then there is simply the sexting aspect.