Post anonymous questions to observe reactions?

Does anyone post exaggerated or even reversed questions anonymously to get an idea of how people respond to certain things? I suppose it's trolling in a sense, but not for an emotional response or to get people angry, but to see how people react.

I've done it a few times thus far. Does that makes me a jerk? Yeah, probably. But a lot of times there are some pretty good and well-thought responses.

Most Helpful Girl

• The only times I really post anonymously is when it's something really sexual and I don't want weirdos messaging me because of it. Also when I post really personal information about my relationship.

• That's a pretty good reason.

What Girls Said 4

• No, I never post anonymously. I also don't really care to post things just to elicit a response from people.

• I don't know I don't

• Yeah that's kid of the definition of a troll

• Trolling is just posting fake stuff online for a reaction.

• Ahh. Gotcha. Well it's a good thing I don't do it a lot, then.

• Are you that bored that you can't think of an actual question to ask that you genuinely want answered?

• I've only really done it in a couple circumstances.

• ... when you were bored, I'm guess?

• *guessing

What Guys Said 4

• never post questions anonymously.

i always say what i want to say with my username... i feel more comfortable that way

• i haven't tried it honestly. Maybe i will =o

• yeah thats why its anonymous... people know this

• Anything I say anonymous, I'd say right to your face. You guys grew up in a social media internet attention whore culture. Your perception has been warped. Being anonymous is the same as being pseudonym minus your internet fame want to be persona. It's more real.