Is this the purpose of using GAG?

Don't you feel like most of the users here just ask the questions only to check out that how many people will support them by giving the exact same opinion which is on their mind already?
And the one who opined the carbon copy of their mindset will receive MHO?

• Yes
  • No
  • I'm stupid who think that I will receive Xper by voting here.

Most Helpful Girl

• I notice that too. Someone could say "I like to drink poison daily. Is that bad?". 50 people will tell him it isn't smart, one person will say " Yes, it is perfectly safe" and get an up vote, a MHO, and a Nobel prize.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think in some cases that the asker has already decided what to do but may not see how their decision will work out in the long term and may be looking for insight from others. While some just need to feel justified and to feel vindicated for their actions.

What Girls Said 13

• this is along the lines of the my take i wrote which exploded with agreement haha, so I'm gonna say no because i know most people here dont look for validation when they ask a question.

• I disagree but pls like my comment anyway.

• Some people might, but I feel like most people ask questions here to get genuine feedback. I know I do.

• I gotta admit sometimes I do this, BUT, if they give me good arguments and shut my mouth, they fucking deserve the mho and that's what they get

• I will keep that in mind.

I will always try to shut you f.. ing MOUTH!!! :D

• Maybe a lot do but I do still feel like people want opinions on something because they really have no idea what to do and have no opinion on it. I have been guilty of using it for that purpose but I also use it because I want to know other people's perceptive.

• I'm not saying that there are not such type of people but the sad thing is that there are very few people who need 'new' (literally, legit) opinions.

• True. Thanks for your opinion :-)

• You're welcome :)

• not entirely but a good portion of the community is like that, many still ask genuine questions but theirs always someone that asks just to reinforce their own opinion or to boost their confidence or ideology :\

• Yes, I'm not saying that everyone is like that but unfortunately the things you mentioned are true :/

• Yes to some users obviously. There are situations when the person definitely seems clueless in what to do

• People often ask for validation they are in NO WAY interested in opinions that rudely, or politely oppose their own views. There should be a section here based on support. People can post their opinions and people can "like" to agree with them.

• true sometimes you don't know what to say but you see others opinions and ur like i agree and re write it

• I've seen that before but my questions aren't in the area of having people agree with me. It's more like "how do you eat your ice cream?" Just because I like to anyalyze people.

• Answer any way you want. It doesn't bother me at all if you disagree with my opinion.

• I know I think people come here just to get genuine feedback

• You're right. You observed the pattern correctly, but the underlying truth is not the harsh and bitter one it seems to be.
    "validate/agree", and "ACKNOWLEDGE" are different words.
    Acknowledging is a rare and powerful tool for understanding people. It's the first step actually.
    Most of us are so busy judging and getting ready to give advice that we don't take the time to truly listen and understand the other person.
    So, acknowledgement is both an important step towards feeling understood, and very rare these days. That's why when someone actually acknowledges us, we like it. It doesn't necessarily mean that they have to agree or validate.

What Guys Said 14

• I think that some people do but I also believe others genuinely do want help with their problems so I give them the benefit of the doubt most of the time.

• Yes I know that there are such people too who are genuinely seeking advice but the problem is that they are very few as compared to other ones.

• Thank you :)

• Your welcome.

• nah, all the questions I post are just for fun purposes. albeit I do agree with you that many people search for validation but there are also legit questions on here and it makes it so that validation is not the only purpose for GaG.

• Yes, as US teens they fear being singled out or criticized, and they want a forum where most everyone will always agree with them.

• The real problem is the adults. I ignore the teens because I can understand their maturity level but even adults are acting like this :/

• SOME adults, yes, are also conformists... mostly pretty young 'adults' here, not far removed from teen lifestyle

• Exactly! Sir you are catching the situation. :-)

• I voted B because I think the statement that "most" of the users do this is exaggerated. But it is one of the issues, true.
    Another issue are question or opinions just to "vent emotion".
    Like "look what kind of suckers they are"... or worse "are all girls biches"?
    I hate that sort of question!

• Depends on the question, but more than a couple are just looking for validation. That's when I lightly troll and get free Xper.

• The purpose of this site is what you make of it. In itself, it is just a place where people ask questions, and other people give their opinions on it.

• Yup, I believe that on an implicit level, that most people ask a question, hoping that their inner thoughts about how to handle the situation, are justified.

• hahahha i do that sometimes :-P

• yes it's confirmation bias

• Yeah. Sometime I want to do an experiment just answering what I think they want to hear. See how many MHO's I get that month for selling out.

• Exactly, I did that too and that's why I asked it.

• Same. I tried to give honest advice but they (not just 9-10 but 25+ people on different questions) disagreed badly. Then I tried an experiment, I used offence and sometimes the bad decision for asker and supported him/her. I start receiving MHOs within seconds.

• Haha. That's nuts.

• Don't know, don't care

• Okay I'm not even sure if that's true or not, but I just voted A.

And lol I never knew you can't get Xper by just voting. XD

• depends.

i'm here because i like discussing life...

i think people get upset by rude comments, but then that is human. they either need to step back, or not let it get to them.

• I used to think the same but now i dont really care, i want em xper hahaa