Is it alright to use GAG as a dating/hook up Site?

Because i dont think it is. I've seen too many posts dedicated to finding a girlfriend or just trying to hook up. I think it should stop. I dont believe this is a dating site. What do you Think?

• Alright to use for dating/hooking up
  • Not alright to use for dating/hooking up

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been on this site for over 5 years; seasoned GaG veteran here! :-P

I suppose you COULD use this site in a dating-type way if u wanted, but u gotta understand a few things:

1) This website's architecture isn't built for being a dating and hookup site. let me give you a few examples:

-only allowing two photos per profile
    -allowing users as young as age 13 to sign up here
    -the lack of being able to list the city in which you reside (the most u can put is your country, and maybe your province/state)
    -until about a month ago, this site didn't even list ppl's actual ages; just an age range

2) The girls here, overall, are NOT here to date or hookup... and to be blunt, are quite defensive towards just about any guy making dating-type advances on them, let alone meeting anyone in real life from here.

--------

I understand the draw and comfort to GaG. This website has a early 2000s chat-room type of feel. There's also a sense of community here as well (although it's been weakened a bit over the past two years once the site became more well-known). I also joke around how this website is like an internet town lol.

But for the purpose of dating... I don't think it works well here at all.

What Girls Said 12

• I don't recommend it, and that is not the purpose of this site... but I suppose people are free to do whatever they want.

• You may use it as such but I doubt you'll be very successful.

• Well it's not a date/hook up site but you can use any social site as it, don't see why it wouldn't be alright.

• Not what this website is intended for. However, if people make friends with one another and things develop from there then fine, that's their prerogative.

• What does it matter? You aren't doing so, so their actions have little influence over you. People meet on sites like tumbler and Twitter all of the time.

• if people like each other, then let them be. but using the site to find a gf, its not what the site is for

• Who are we to dictate how others use this site?

Should we elect you gate keeper ;)

• It can be used for that purpose, but I think that whoever tries will have little success with it. It's not meant to find dates and people don't come here for that purpose.

• That's not the purpose of this sit. But the users are interesting.

• No I hate when people do that

• LOL whatever blows your horn

literally

• No no no be wary of anyone here

What Guys Said 17

• I think it's corny. I mean, if you HAPPEN to meet someone on here, and they live close enough to meet up, whatever, I'm not going to knock it. But to come on here with the sole purpose of throwing game at chicks that might live on another continent? I mean... you don't know any girls in real life, bro? I get that you're trying to cast a wide net, but get serious.

• Its not impossible to use it in that way and if my memory serves correctly im fairly sure it has been used in that way before.

However, because it isn't set up to be a dating site, activities such as catfishing and just deception in general will be much easier and much more common due to the less intimate nature of the information available on the site.

So, if you do want to use it in that way then use it with care.

• I don't recall reading anywhere that it's against the rulls to find and book up with someone here. I don't think it was the primary reason this site was built

• A lot of people will be annoyed with you. I personally I would not be interested in using it that way (plus I'd be cheating if I did, lol).

But don't let anyone tell you what to do. If there's a girl you like, on the street, in a shop, online, have balls and ask her (except on Linkedin, just don't do it, lol).

Of course, announcing that you are planning on using it that way is probably not the best strategy...

• If your goal is to find dates you'd probably be better off with a site based on location.

So to use it with the intent of it being a dating site is just dumb.

But stuff happens.

• I agree with u 100%, khesert. This website's architecture just isn't built to effectively use this as a dating website.

• that is not it's intended purpose so why would it be alright.

• This is a platform.
    However you use of it is up to you to decide

• if someone's using it as a dating/hook up site... then he/she won't come succesfull basically :-P

• I think this is not a dating site but who knows that how we find our sole mates

• I never saw such a question. And as prettygurl said, I don't think one can be very successful.

• People have freedom in doing what they want. But I don't think It gonna work as dating site, maybe someone got luck , that's it.

• Please don't!

• Your avatar PERFECTLY fits your response to this question! :-P

• Soon it'll be a p*rn site too. soon

• frankly, i dont see a problem with people using the site as they see fit.

• Do whatever you want man, i dont care

• Sure, I met my girlfriend on Runescape and we talked for a few years.

• A real man uses all resources at his disposal. Only a twerp like you would designate when it is right and wrong to flirt.

• Is it alright to flirt at a funeral?

• I DON'T POST MESSAGES ANONYMOUSLY.
      I hope this is clear. Thank you.

• Rough.