Is there a way to block someone from commenting/posting on future posts?

I mean like all future posts. All this person wants to do (not naming names) is stir up trouble. Is there a way to stop him from commenting and replying to other people's comments on future posts?
If so, could you tell me how to do it. Because I am getting really tired of this guy and I'd like to be able to post without having to deal with his drama.
Problem is, he is technically not breaking the rules. He is a "producer" (that's my name for them.) He comes in with his cameras, stirs up drama, sees if he can do anything with that and then leaves. I want to make this soundstage (my question) off limits.
How can I do that?

Most Helpful Guy

• From the FAQ

What is blocking? How do I block another member?
    If you are uneasy about someone following your activities, no worries; you can just block them. There are several ways to block a member.
    You can go to that member's profile page and click Block on the left menu.
    When you hover your mouse over their username in a thread, click the X to block them.
    If you'd received messages from a member that you'd now like to block, you can block them from your inbox by clicking the red X.

Blocked users cannot @mention you, they cannot Follow you or your questions/takes, they cannot share their opinions on your questions/takes, they cannot comment on your opinions, and they cannot vote on your opinions... UNLESS you post anonymously.
    Whether you post anonymously or not, a blocked user can never send you private messages (remember to delete the existing conversation BEFORE blocking).

Please keep in mind that when you block a user, you are blocked back. You cannot @mention them, you cannot Follow them or their questions/takes, you cannot share your opinions on their questions/takes, you cannot comment on their opinions, and you cannot vote on their opinions... UNLESS they post anonymously.
    Whether they post anonymously or not, you can never send them private messages.

If you want to block an Anonymous user on that post only, please click (or tap, for mobile) on "Anonymous" and click "Yes" to Block. They will no longer be able to interact with you on that post, but they will not be blocked on any other post. Click for more info on Anonymous blocking.

• That's fine, I want nothing to do with this guy :)

What Girls Said 6

• Nice comparison. I think this is an issue with the fact that blocked posters can post on your anon questions :/ I don't think there's any way around it. Do you need to be Anon specifically? Like maybe you could make a sockpuppet account to post the questions on specifically, so you don't need to go anon, then he would be blocked anyway.

• Naw, I never ask stuff I would go anon for

• oh okay sorry I thought you meant specifically on anonymous questions. Yeah u can just hit block on their profile and they can't answer your non-Anon questions!

• Just block him. If you go to his profile, you should see the block button. That will prevent him from commenting on your posts as long as you are not posting anonymously.

• You can block that person right from their profile page. Somewhere on the page there's a button that says block, so just click it. However, keep in mind that people you blocked can comment and answer on your posts when you're anonymous.

• Right, I don't go anonymous with questions and posts really. I see no reason too

• Okay then you'll be fine. I just say that in these kinds of Q's because some people still don't understand that going anon makes your block list null and void.

• As long as you allow anonymous posts, the blocked people will still be able to comment.. anonymously.

• You can block but if you post anon there is no way of preventing them from commenting.

• WTF you claim not to post anon yet here you are anonymous?

• Can't you block People? Like go to their page and block them? Not sure if that stops them from being able to post on your questions though... actually I think it doesn't. They should change that :P

• Yeah, they should

• I don't care if they can read them. I just don't want them to be able to respond.

• Wait, I think they can only respond when you're anonymous, otherwise they can't it seems.

What Guys Said 5

• Hover your mouse over his username and tap the third button (block). [or] Open his profile and on the right side you could see block button, click it.

Remember:

• quick question, is it me?

anyways the most you can do is just block every time you see him/me... :D lol

• No, it's not you it's someone else. You're a cool dude :D

• Yeah, blocks them completely

• A) block them
    B) don't post anon. posting anon makes blocking not work, since it can reveal who you are if it is working.

• roll over his nickname and press the "X" button

• If you will block anybody... U can by going to their profile n clicking block option there... But you can still see them n their questions... Which i don't like...
    Blocking should also contain hide option... In my opinion...: D