Why won't this guy tell me what's going on? Please help?

The other day, I told my mutual friend (over text) that I like his friend. I thought this guy might like me back, but his friend didn't say whether he liked me back or not. Of course, I didn't explicity ASK him "does he like me back?" Do you have to be that direct with guys, if you want an answer? Should I take this friends indifference as a bad sign, that the guy I like doesn't like me? Like do you think the mutual friend would have said something if he knew, do you think maybe he's scared to tell me the friend doesn't like me?

Most Helpful Guy

• "do you think maybe he's scared to tell me the friend doesn't like me?" <---- i believe this basically

What Guys Said 4

• ... desparetly trying to not make a sarcastic remark related to passing notes in grade school. Why not just go directly to the guy you like and make your feelings known (overtly or otherwise)? Do push someone in between? Why? Because he may like you. Because he may f up the interaction accidentally or on purpose. Because it's time to interact with the person you like. ... well, I guess I stepped on my soap box instead. ... just go talk to the guy.

• Exactly, your friend doesn't like you.

• It's his friend that im wanting to know sbout

• That's what I'm saying? All my female friends are telling me that maybe he didn't want to get involved?

• Regardless, I still say he doesn't like you.

• No one likes being the "middleman" in these situations. You are putting your friend in an uncomfortable position and expecting him to convey something you would benefit most by expressing to this individual in person.

Don't read too much into his indifference.

• I think it's a bad sign he probably would have said something

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know... maybe he just doesn't want to get invovled match making people lol or maybe he hasn't even told his friend you like him because your his friend too, that would make things a quite awkward you dating one of his friends, he may be happy with you jsut being his friend, not dating his friends.

• He's prob just playing u move on and have some fun