Should we disallow anonymous comments on other people's answers?

Without getting into the excessive anonymous questions and answers, I think we should not allow anonymous trolls to post their comments on other people's answers.

There are no privacy concerns here. People are free to post anonymously their OWN opinions. but if they want to cavil about what someone ELSE says, or pick a fight, they have to be willing to identify themselves. Wouldn't that be fair?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• There is no option to post anonymously in comments on other people's opinions. The only time anyone is anonymous is if they're the anon asker or the anon opinion owner. That's it.

If somebody posts anonymously on a question, and I want to comment on their answer, I can only do it under my own username. It's the same for everybody else. I don't see the issue here because there isn't one.

• Good to know.. Someone was complaining about that and I guess I misunderstood them

• Maybe they were complaining about an anon asker bitching on everyone's comments. In that case, if the anon QA starts bugging you on your opinion you now have the option to block them for that post only.

• Wait, that's possible? On my phone it only gives me options to post anon on my own question's comments, or on another person's question to leave my opinion... but never on someone else's question to reply to commenters as anon. Or am I missing something?

• I think your getting a little confused on the anon posting?

• Yes, I never go anon or allow them, so I didn't really know how it worked

What Guys Said 6

• Some askers will block you if you don't write the answer corresponding to their prejudice: say 'yes Sir ' or get blocked. Or shut up or go anonymous.

• basically you cannot post anonymously in other people's opinions, unless you're the question asker...

gosh you're a Master and you didn't know about this? :-P

hahahah jk.

• just heard about it from a friend, guess I misunderstood. I rarely go anon nor do I allow anon answers so I don't know

• Which anonymous comments on other peoples opinions?

Only the QA can do that.

• ... Why would you post on your own answer anonymously? That's like putting a horse head on your own pillow.

• What needs to be blocked is the anonymous down voting. Its very easy to click it without having to explain.

• You can already turn off anonymous answers on questions you make. You did it here.