The option to request to follow from a private follow, isn't this an invasion of privacy?

I don't find this beneficial because i'm getting a follow request frm someone random and i can't get rid of his request? I would have to block him to stop the notification from appearing on my top right side corner?

OOps... I made a typo on my question header... It's supposed to be ******from a private PROFILE.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no idea of how it works since I'm never on private. But that does kinda sound stupid/funny

• The whole point is that I don't want to be added by some troll or random troll user. This new feature just makes life, a bit harder now!!!

• Where does the Notification pop up at? and you can't get rid of it forreal?

I see how/why that can be annoying

• I already included that in the Details section.

What Guys Said 3

• i guess you can turn-off the request in general... no?

• He can't see what you have written on your profile which is the only point to a private profile (at least from what I see)

• You are not understanding me. I do not want a follow request. To delete his request box off in my list, I have to block him instead.

• Just block 'em if you don't want him to follow you.

• That's not the point, it gives me extra work to do, everytime i login. I don't need extra bullshit to deal with.

• Just accept him, block him, then unblock him. Problem solved

What Girls Said 2

• It is annoying and makes it easier for stalkers

• I feel sorry for the Admins. Everyone kept asking for this feature, and they gave it to us. And now people are already complaining about it.
    As far as I know you have the option to deny the request. Or just block them if you really want nothing to do with them. And move on.

• Well it's fucking dumb. Now i have to block people for that reason. Keep clicking off boxes. people want add others from a private profile, need to leave them a message in comment section. What the fuck is wrong with that? Seriously, this is annoying. The clicking no of request DOES not get rid of the box. I have to go the requester's profile and blocked him from there!!!

• Log out and log in and again. The request box and notification is gone!!!

• You sure? I only saw one girl suggesting it. Who is everyone anyway? I sure never advocate for such Feature. Only stalkers.