Why the recent slew of downvotes?

It seems like everybody is hating on everybody lately!

Not really but there does seem to be an influx in the downvotes. Some jealous GAGers out there or something?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

• I just like going into questions and down voting everyone. It's just funny to me. It's my way of entertaining myself when I have nothing to do or no good questions to answer.
    Specially if they are all good answers and then the random down vote just makes it funny. Down votes don't hurt anyone's score so who cares.

I miss when we could rate the questions too.

• I like them. Please gimme.

• You do realize that now all these answers are going to get downvoted for no reason whatsoever

• yeah aha, I was wondering that as well!

• Some GAGers aren't even able to express themselves or their *opinions* without getting a downvote now. lol

• I know! I noticed this as well... hmm

• omg seriously? I got 3 downvotes, fucking people

• Really? I never get downvoted ;P

• I up voted you to say "wow, you're good!" ;) ... only to find that you had also been downvoted. :/ lol

• And I got even more than others... :/ what's going on? hahaha

• I noticed that to but I don't why that is but I try not to notice the down votes and I would ignore it

• i always forget to vote up or down!

• I downvote because I don't like what the person said and I'm usually too lazy to comment.

What Guys Said 8

• @rthomas43 , a former GAG All-Pro, led the league in up votes in 2014. But his meteoric rise seems a distant memory as he has inexplicably gone from hero to heel, a popularity collapse rivaling OJ Simpson and Bill Cosby. Once loved and admired for his witty charm and otherworldly beard that I can't imagine tastes like anything but really manly cotton candy, even his most innocuous comments now take a savage beating. It truly is a thin line between love and hate.
    #PrayForRThomas43
    #StopTheViolence

• It's because I compared myself to him one time. You'd be surprised at how much people hate me lol

• Holy shit. This had me dying laughing. Lol

• @rthomas43 Haha, thought you'd enjoy that. Hang in there, sport. You'll be back on top soon, and they'll rue the day they crossed humanity's answer to Zeus! {{{✊}}}

• Everyone must be jealous. It has nothing to do with me being deliberately inflammatory when engaging in controversial topics.

But seriously, I'd say overall I'd appreciate more open debate and dissenting opinions. That's a lot to ask for such a casual site so MEH. It's whatev.

I only dislike downvotes from people that take my merits for granted, as if having an agreeable point is par. Then when I say something slightely askew, here comes the damsels with their Holy Water. Fuck that. Dont only come around when you disagree. So annoying.

• Its psychological, we're much more inclined to voice our disagreement or annoyance than our acceptance or approval. Thats why the more controversial a topic, the more interest in generates.

• there's a notorious female downvoter arund basically

• Many are on here to push and agenda. So they say great things about people who agree with them and downvote and attack the others.

• you know what they say: hating is the new trend and everyone just following it

• I dont care i just love getting em

• People downvote me cause they are thirsty for me

so that could be it. i Ike to get downvote with smart

remark from the person so i can block them hey no sweat on

my part i love expanding my blocked members