What does it mean when your friends with benefits says out of the blue he has never loved you?

In a friends with benefits relationship there is no love involved. Now the guy I'm having this arrangement with for the past 2 years said now for the second time out of the blue that he has never loved me.

The weird thing is that I never asked if he loved me or not as that seems weird because we are only friends with benefits anyway.

The times he said this was both after a fight we had.

Is he just convincing himself that he doesn't love me? Why does he feel the urge to express this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have always heard that friends with benefits doesn't work as there is always one person falling in love with the other one. I do think that this situation is rather strange. He knows that there aren't any feelings involved and shouldn't be involved - only during your time together then. I think he has actually fallen in love with you for a bit (or a lot) and that he is "defending" himself in that way by playing the cool guy in the fight. However, good luck - hope you guys can sort things out for a bit :)

What Guys Said 2

• Either he said it out of anger because of the fight or maybe he wants to make sure that you understand that you two will never be a item.

However, seeing how he only says it after a fight, I'm leaning more so toward the former.

• clearly it mean y'all are friends with benefits and nothing more

What Girls Said 2

• He wanted to upset you because you had a fight

• I think he's in love with you...