Why do people ask "HOW DO I LOOK" questions, then shortly after change their profile pictures to something default/not them?

The title says it all but does anyone else get annoyed by the/those people who do that?

Should GAG force you to upload the picture itself in the question as if it was an MYtake? Because there's nothing worst than clicking on those question just to see NOTHING in the end >< LOL

i1127.photobucket.com/.../...m_MTA1NzA3Mjk4MjQ.jpg</a>

Most Helpful Girl

• I posted one about a week ago, and then I change my profile a few days ago. There were some guys that were sending me disgusting, sexually inappropriate messages.

I figured if it stays up, I'll keep getting more.

What Girls Said 5

• Various reasons:
    - They don't want people to message them weird sexual stuff.
    - They want to leave the site after getting a number of opinions based on the question they asked, so what's the point of keeping a personal pic up?
    - They don't want to keep their pic up because they fear that they will get recognized.
    - They fear that other users may save their picture and use it for... uh-hmm other reasons.

• Sounds about right ^^

• - Last but not least, they regret asking the question because they didn't get positive feedback. So they change it to default immediately.

• Maybe they were getting bad feedback so they changed it?

• I feel you but dang it becomes practically a useless question at that point LOLOL

• You're shrouded in the mist again.

• Yup that's the only way i post ANON lol

• I don't think there's anything wrong because people can be mean

• True but at that point in time GAG should just delete the QUESTION but keep the MHO if that's possible ^^

• i got enough responses, so !!

• Hey I see ya point then ^^ llolol

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, what's the point, you've shared your picture with the world. May as well leave it up long enough to get more than a handful of responses.

• Hahaha are you mistninja? Lololol

It's because they are still conscious about their looks. They are still lacking self confidence.

• I believe they got their validation at that point and changed it.

• ahhhh that's annoying indeed... when i go to rate someone... after only 5-6 hrs... NO PIC

gosh

• They probably doesn't want to expose their picture to public for long. I noticed the one who does this are the ones who are really insecure.. Not the ones who asks for rate cause they just want to hear compliments.

• Makes sense

• just realized that you

• LMAO who else would it be (#^ ^#) (-_^#) LOLo who are you? ^^