If a person makes racist comments, then what is a ban?

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1370428-why-s-it-racist-if-i-say-this

it's not as if i'm 'hurt', but then if a person cannot take the heat after making racist comments, does he have a right to report people?

Most Helpful Girl

• lmao oh nah don't worry dude you aren't getting banned. This idiot is probably going to get a warning probably he's being mega fucked up on that question

• erm... go away, kindly...

i know you and your friends here like to gang up on me, since i'm 'not proper' when i don't act any differently to others on this site, but meh...

i'll expect some rude comeback and then some baseless crap about how i have to be nice to you no matter what, but then meh... your culture endorses that, i don't think it's an 'absolute'...

• woah wait uh... I'm not in with those people. They aren't my friends - some of them are my enemies, even. I don't think you have to pursue my culture's moral system at all... Maybe you're mistaking me for someone else?

• by the way just to clarify, when I said "this idiot is probably going to get a warning" above I was referring to the anon qa of the question you linked to, not you!

What Girls Said 1

• We remove comments we see as offensive.

You will get a few warnings, but after that we will cancel your account.

What Guys Said 3

• They shouldn't be banned, but I understand why this forum does it. This forum is meant to be a safe place where people can express themselves. Racism and/or violent talks can make people uncomfortable, i. e cyber bullying.

• I think you have a fair point when you talk about how black people cannot be racist to white people. Racism only exists if someone is offended by it.
    This doesn't mean it's OK to be racist. It's not.
    If you feel that someone is perpetuating a racist point of view then yes, that's a valid reason to report them

• Don't take anything online personally. If you cannot handle the heat from a fictitious website such as this, how can you handle real life?

Real life will beat you to the ground.

• i can handle real life... just airing a question. but then it's my right to express myself. i don't get the basis of your 'right' to say i cannot.. lol..

• I used to work in the PR department, I can tell you they ban users because of PR or legal reasons. They do not want to draw negative publicity for stewing racism. Remember, when playgrounds used to have roundabout? It was banned because of legal reasons to avoid lawsuit.

• Hahaha...

Then tell me that i cannot express myself. Lolololol...