Why would my age effect the quality of my answers?

I find when i don't go anonymous people really don't care as much what i have to say. I've been called insightful and have been told i make great points and other things.. but while i was anonymous. When i am not anonymous people often mention how young i am. I personally don't think it matters unless talking about experience or something. I find i have a lot more comon sense than a lot of people on here anyways :/

Most Helpful Guy

• It's called stereotyping, treating people as members of defined group rather than as individuals.

It is particularly prone to happen in a forum such as this where we are mixing gender and speaking freely while maintaining relative anonymity.

You notice a significant difference between how people treat you under one label (13 years) vs. how they treat you under another (Under 18).

I try to not let age give weight to what I read, especially since age is self reported anyway. How reliable can that even be?

As far as age goes, I've read plenty of damned fool gibberish coming from people reported to be 3 times your age.

What ya gonna do? :^/

What Guys Said 6

• if I value your opinion I will commend you for it, plain and simple.

• Not to take a shot at you or anyone else under ~18, but people tend to couple experience with age. Your time in this world is relatively young, and can't quite compare with those who have lived longer in terms of getting through things with trial and error.

Given, age doesn't reflect the quality of your answers nor does it reflect your state of mind.

I'm under eighteen and get the same harassment time to time.

• Honestly, I've seen young people here give very serious answers that deserved respect.
    Obviously there will be some subjects you won't be able to talk about since you don't have the experience. But the only thing I can say is: always stay correct and friendly to people and things will work out.

• Koodos to you... being older does not necessarily suggest common sense is present.

Sometime it can evade some of us well into our later years hahaha

• Because teenagers have a superiority complex. Thus those in their late teens and early 20s are going to think they are better than anyone in the entire world. They're at the top of the pile of the ignorant inexperience humans. Once they roll into their mid to late 20s they start to realize... Wow I use to be stupid in my early 20s. :D

• Just wait til you are looking back from 50.

The longer you live the more there is to be embarassed of.

• I'm not embarrassed yet at 33, but I remember being an ultra cocky motherfucker in my late teens and early 20s. :D I find my younger self hilarious.

• Of course there are exceptions to the rule when it comes to common sense and wisdom and their correlation with age, but people are probably more inclined to value the opinion of someone who has more life experience than someone who still has a bedtime.

What Girls Said 4

• LOL ME TOO! this is a clear example of ageism, but sadly this is true

• Just because older people have more life experiences, not saying you don't give useful advice but Im a lot more mature now than I was when I was a teen

• People just assume you're as mature as they were at 13 which is usually really immature

• They're being stupid. Age has nothing to do with it.