Are you annoyed about questions on religion?

What's annoyong about them to me that the people asking them tend to shove it down your throat. they ask "do you believe In God" then go on and on and on about whatever then when someone comments "I don't believe in God" they flip fucking shit. If you were going to get mad and try to prove people that their beliefs and religions are wrong then why are you asking? Why can't we all just respect each other's beliefs..

Most Helpful Guy

• Questions or discussions are fine. When someone starts preaching their closed-minded views I get pissed off.

• My favorite quote regarding religion
      "Religion is like a penis. Its fine to have one, just dont show it off it public."

• Omg yes I know that quote haha!
      I always heard it as "it's fine to be proud of it just don't go around shoving it down people's throat"

• Yeah I've heard a few versions. All are good

What Guys Said 11

• i get annoyed with religious people basically.

i'd throw a plate with spaghetti on their faces if i was given the chance!

• Good thing I like spaghetti lol

• Well we are all different.

• Yes but not judgmental or anything

• In general, no. I love talking about religion (of all sorts) as well as philosophy, science, psychology etc.
    What I do hate is ignorance. Ignorance on either side pisses me off and makes me not want to talk to them.

• Actually, my experience has been the opposite. I've mostly seen the atheists flip fucking shit when someone says they do believe in God.

• The ironic thing about it is that positive atheism is a theological stance and affirmative in the very same way that positive theism is a theological stance and affirmative. That makes Atheism a Faith system. Of course, they will deny it, but it remains true. Lol. :-D

• I also think that those questions are pointless.

• Not really
    only thing I do take issue with is some of the folk that answer them.
    ignorance personified on all fronts.

• I actually like religious questions, since I love reading comments of religious folks losing their shit. It's hilarious :)

• The same thing happens backwards, if someone is spiritual then come the insults as well. I'm annoyed that every question on religion unleashes unnecessary keyboard war zones, and instead all matters of faith or non should be kept personal.

• Yeah I am done with religious questions!

• 100% yes. You head the nail on the head wise young lady

• yes. religious people annoy me.

• Only the ones posing these questions about it as if they were the first person in the history of the world to do so. It's a debate that will only die if/when organized religion does as well.

But then I'm sure we'll all find something else to argue about lol

What Girls Said 11

• Ohhh, the religion question. Look, I'll say it straight: I am a religion person, Christian in fact. Now, let me say I am the LEAST devout person I know. I once tried to convince myself there wasn't a God (this, however, failed miserably. I couldn't force myself not to believe). I have friends who are atheists, Jews, branches of Christianity that aren't my own, and hell, one of my closest, best friends is Muslim. I'm not saying that to rationalize anything; it's simple truth. I never shove things down people's throats. While I realize some people do do that (I have relatives in a separate branch of Christianity who do it, sadly) they are in a minority. Most people don't act that way. There are those nutty fanatics yes, but not everyone is like that. You don't believe in God? Okay. I won't judge you. You believe what you want, I believe what I want. So long as the other person doesn't start bashing my faith, I am very amiable. Of course, if someone DOES start bashing my beliefs, I will get a bit upset, as I am not one to bash someone's ideas in regards to religion. But if I respect you, I expect the same in return.

So there. I am sincerely sorry that you have had the obvious misfortune of meeting people like those you described, but I can assure you there are some people out there who do not act that way. In fact, we FROWN upon that, as shoving beliefs down someone's throat does more harm than good. Let people be and do what they want. That's how I look at it :)

• *Edit: I meant to say I am a RELIGIOUS person, not a religion person. Please do excuse the typo.

• Words of wisdom :)
      I believe in God and heaven but I wouldn't call myself a very religious person

• Could you comment on my last question about the morality of the bible?

• I do get annoyed when I see questions like that because it's only asking for trouble. The atheists and the Christians are going to go at each other about why there is/isn't a god. Why even ask something like that? If you're going to believe in something, you don't need other people's approval over the internet.

• Questions about religion are always controversial. You will always have someone who's either against your beliefs or tries to prove you that you're "wrong".
    That's why I prefer to not give details about my thoughts on religion.
    But to answer your question, yes I'm annoyed about religious questions because they always lead to arguments.

• Yeah, I usually skip over religion questions/rants.

• The same goes for people who don't believe in religion. If someone asks me about my beliefs and I tell them I believe in God they give me this scornful look and belittle me for having a different opinion.

Everyone should learn to just get along and respect each other, but not everyone abides by this rule.

• Yes, religious fanatics are annoying. If they were going to flip out if you answered ''no, I don't'' then they shouldn't have made the question in the first place.

• That doesn't just happen on religion questions either. People tend to ask questions in the hopes of getting people to answer and agree with them. And if you don't, they'll ignore you or pick an argument. Just ignore it.

• Oh yeah every time I see a question about religion I don't click on it. It's an extremelllyy touchy subject and brings out the worst in everyone

• You are totally right. I am also annoyed about questions with stereotypes. Like : "why all the indian guys do that?" "Would a german guy admire it?"
    I mean, that changes people to people, not race to race.

• mostly ignore them now.

• Totally annoying
    It's always like, if you don't agree with them, they're gonna try to convince you, say you're wrong