ANONS should be able to mention too?

We've all done it. Commented on an anon user's post and then coming back later to see if they've responded. If you're like me, you forget little things pretty quickly and that includes going back to check for a new comment for you. It's kind of a hassle.

Anons should be able to mention users too right? Why isn't this allowed anyways?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey mist you were mentioned by "ANON" LOL can you picture how annoying that would be on top the trolling potentials that would come with it LOLOL

emmawestwood.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/troll.jpg I know what you're saying but at the same time OH NOOO that would be so wrong to add to the site

What Guys Said 8

• It use to be that way. You can probably see that it could annoy people to be mentioned by people that are anon. It didn't bother me when gag allowed it. Honestly I would like to see less anon in general though.

• ah... it's a fair trade!!! you cannot have it all! both anon and the ability to mention!!! wouldn't it be unfair?

• I don't think they should as some anons are just trolls who say shit for no other reason than to be a dick

And I don't want my name in 20 notifications because some anon has decided to talk crap

• The mods and admins are pretty quick with the antagonistic exterminating. Who would even talk crap about you anyways? Silly fools

• Not quick enough
      plus if you allow mentioning as anon... that will make their work flow in that respect 10x more.
      thus meaning even sloppier administration.

Lol you'd be surprised

• Good point!

• Nope >>>>>>>>>>

• No.. I disagree.

• It would be nice to have that yes.

• i don't agree

• Ya, I really think they should put it back to the way it was, when Anons could @. I hate having to not go anon, just to @

• It was like that once? O_o

• Yeah, and then people complained

What Girls Said 7

• i thought so at first, but then i like the idea that the anon is less functional. that way i can actually know who's mentioning me. some anions are quite the stalkers by the way, especially the guys. like a lot of them will talk to me and refer to my answers on questions that i answered ages ago.

• Oh wow!

• yep that person is obviously keeping tabs on you. you have a fan!

• girl, A fan? iv got my own hater club up in here. everyone knows it! xP

• In all fairness if they can't reveal themselves why should they be able to put others out there?
    I can see from your aspect why you feel that way though.

• I agree with you, alas most people don't want that to happen.

• It used to still tag people despite saying you couldn't. They must have fixed the big though, seems silly to me that you can't... always used to be a pain before the @ thing came in...

• They shouldn't be able to. Why should they be able to call out others but remain hidden themselves?

• No if you choose to be anon, you have to face the results. You can not have all.

• Nope. If we don't know who they are , why should they be allowed to?