What is the point in being a "master" and a "guru"?

Filler filler filler filler filler filler. But seriously, whats the point?

I know what it means, but why do people strive for it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess to mark that you have no life. I'll probably reach that eventually.

What Guys Said 11

• No point, I'm jus going to reach lv 7 then I'm done, I'm xper 6 now with 32% of most helpful, I wanted prove that I'm wiser than most in life rather than anything and also learn here, now when I teach 7 I'm jus going to ask questions. No one in xper 6 to master has more than me

• Odd... That seems like the least humble and least wise statement I've ever heard on this site.

• Well the point i guess is to show that you are experienced and can give helpful advice, which sometimes isn't the case i guess...
    I don't know if people strive for it, i think it just happens!

• Dawg if I don't become a master I gonna blow my head off

Dawg dawg dawg dawg

• Your stupid opinions seem stupider.

• because pokemon... gotta catch them all?

• Do people strive for it?

• Yes.

• Whatever level you stop getting ads is good. Beyond that I can't remember.

I don't really know how xper work actually

• To show you've spent a ton of time here.

• You just get rewarded for your contribution in the site

• From what I understand from turkey more questions and opinions can be shared. Note:I'm writing from yandex translation :)

• I'll be a guru in a few thousand xper points. Really it says you need a life. I GaGed hard for a while but I'm growing weary of all the bullshit on this site, it can be fun but the twerps and the shit moderation put a downer on it. When I see the guru thingy against my name I'll call it a day and move on, I feel that's a good point to deactivate as there's no fucking way I'm tragic enough to become a master! lmao

• What do xper points mean?

• I duno, it's an accumulation of points for opinions posted, questions asked and MHO's awarded. You can get gift cards and shit for them but I've never been concerned enough to look it all up.

• they just want to. does there need to be a reason?

• There is cause for everything, except maybe for God. In conclusion, you seem to believe that gurus are gods.

My logic is undeniable.

What Girls Said 9

• Because who doesn't like to be called master ;)

• It means I can't pretend to have a life outside of this lol but I didn't strive for it. It just happens. You'll get there eventually.

• Absolutely none :p.

• I find it funny. I've been here years and answered many questions and given lots of advice. But people who been here less time and less answers have been awarded the status.

There ain't much point.

• It just means you've given lots of advice lol

• I think the people who freak out and go "omg omg I'm master now! Thanks so much guys aaaahh #gag4lyfe" need to get a hobby or something

• Its just a fun game.

• I didn't strive for it.

• its your reward for spending ridiculous amounts of time on here