Is it considered rude if people follow you but you don't follow them back on gag?

There're a few people followed me on this site and soon unfollowed me. I assume it's because i did not follow them back. Did I break the rule or lack of manners?

• Yes. I was wrong.
  • No, I was't.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not rude. You're under no obligation.

I don't follow everyone back. I only follow the ones who I like their questions/answers, or if they are hot. Lmao jk. Sometimes I think I'm following a user, but I'm not though.
    Not sure why following matters though? Does anything special happen or something? lol

• Well I didn't realized the point of following until I followed someone back. You can see almost anything them do on this site in your feed. You can stalk them.:D. Kidding!

• by the way I've seen you a lot on this site and you seem a nice girl.

And you're welcome.

• Thank you very much! :)

What Girls Said 14

• I'd hope not. i'd b a real bitch if that were the case lol. to clarify, the reason y i dont always do it is because i simply dont recognise everyone here or at least seen em around. i also dont appreciate getting messages like 'hey baby'. those r irritating af.

• It's not rude. Following someone back just because they followed you is not an obligation. You should follow people because you enjoy their questions/answers and want to see them in your feed. Not because you want to be polite.
    I don't follow many people on here because I don't need to. I really don't check out any of the feeds/categories but the site feed (aka most recent questions asked/answered). So the whole following thing is completely pointless to me.
    Anyone who takes following so seriously should reevaluate their priorities lol. Don't worry about it.

• I try to follow everyone that follows me, but sometimes I'll get a follow followed by a creepy message and so I don't follow them in return. When I first got here, I used to feel a certain way when people didn't follow me back. Now it doesn't really bother me.

• well, when i got into this site at first, I did not follow them back because I'm not familiar with this function on this site. i am a bit dumb, not their fault, but i can feel they are bit offended.

• You're not dumb! You don't have to follow them back.

• It's not rude. We don't have to play this game if we don't want to. I don't really get the concept on "follow here" so I just don't. And it's no because someone follow you that you have to do it as well.

• No, I don't think that's rude. I don't follow back everyone that follows me.

• No. They follow you because they like seeing your opinions. That doesn't necessarily mean you like seeing THEIR opinions.

• I couldn't care less about followers and following. Lately, I started to follow a few people, because I never use that option. I don't really see the use.

• I only follow few people that give great advice
    other people follow me and I don't think I have to follow them back.

• I hope not because I'm terrible about following people. 😮🙊😰

• I follow who I want to, and if someone follows me back or starts following me then great :) if not, life goes on

• no i dont care

• Hopefully not cause I just don't see the purpose in following anyone

• no that's not rude

What Guys Said 8

• it's not.

personally i follow everyone who follows me, unless i forget it sometime so it would be best if that someone reminds me to follow him/her back, as i always say "thanks" to everyone who gives me MHO non-automatically :-)

• there are no rules. you do as you will.

• I only follow back if I've actually talked to you. I don't pay attention to the random and no I don't consider it rude.

• I'm not gonna lie. When I do follow someone and they don't follow me back I do think that they're a bit conceded and I have unfollowed a few peeps cause of that.

• I have no idea. I follow everyone here, but not everyone follows me

• Dude, I follow you back since you have my picture on your wall. Lol

• its not rude but if i were the first one to follow and they dont after a week or so, i unfollow them...

i live on reciprocation on here.

• Do whatever you want

• No one really follows me so its really not a problem for me lol