Should no anonymous users be the default choice on questions?

Presently, questions are open to anonymous users by default. You have to click the box to keep them out.

Shouldn't it be the other way around? No anonymous users would be the default, and you'd have to click the box to ALLOW them.

It's irritiating to have the anonys when I forget to click the %&&*box

That way, if an anony REALLY wanted to answer, they could, they just have to stop being anony for it.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 6

• I like posting anonymously because I'm a private person and I don't like to be targeted for my opinions. There are some real assholes on here and I shouldn't have to subjected to that.

Also, I'd never give an honest opinion on the sexual questions unless I could post anonymously :P

I think it's good to have the option to be anonymous in most cases, but if not you have the choice to ban it, even if there's a damn checkbox in the way. Haha.

• No. It's fine how it is.

For instance there are certain topics of my life I share on here but only anon. I don't want people knowing what's happened to me. I tick the box when it's a non sensitive question but you never know when someone might reply to a question with a sensitive answer

• But my question is how OFTEN do people discuss private affairs? I think they should be the ones to have to tick the box if they want to be anonymous, thjat's all, so that WE don't have to, since sometimes we forget. NO anon answers should be the DEFAULT, and if you have a really sensitive question (how often, really?) YOU should have to be the one to have to tick the box.

• People not pork ole... Stupid phone.

• I mean, if you are ASKING a question. Now, you have to tick the box to block anonymous answers. I think it should be the other way around.. you should have to tick the box to ALLOW them.

• What? Next you're going to say no private profiles either? Why do you care if people want to stay anonymous?

• I don't understand why people want private profiles if they want to be on a discussion site like thisl It sort o defeats the purpose of a site to know absolutely nothing about who we're talking to. At least if we had the minimal information on the profile, we could speak about things in a more intelligent way with you. The site existed for a long time, as I recall, without private profiles. They've only been allowed in the last year or two, you know.

• Because its supposed to be objective advice and not focused on who they are. You want my social security num too? Why half ass it thinking you can judge someone on their profile or previous comments?

• You have to judge people based on who they are, not just their own words. Even you must unbderstand that. At least on a profile we have SOME information, depending on how much they say, whether they are married, have kids, are divorced, where they are from.. all that is important to have a meaningful conversation unless you're just asking what their favorite Facebook page is

• well maybe

• No it's ok the way it is. You do a great job keeping them out.

• Just forgot to click it on a question about Iran. Naturally tons of zio anonys answering.

• That's why the default should be the other way around. Anonys who really want to answer the question hey, they could always answer without being anony.

• I could never figure anon out. Are we not all anon already.

• Haha I never click the box cause I haven't gotten any anonymous trolls yet

What Guys Said 4

• I don't really see it as a problem. I do think it's funny how insecure a lot of people are for needing to post anonymous when this is the internet and all it is is a username. But I don't mind it really.

If anything, seeing anonymous users as plentiful as they are really just makes me wonder about the social skills of people these days. People are just way too reserved.

• hahhaha dude i always double-check when i'm about to post the question if i have the anonymous blocked... :-P

but yeah i agree with you... it'd be easier to have it the other way round!

• I just forgot to click it on a question about Iran, and every zio anony has jumped on the question.

• I don't understand why other people's anonymity bothers others so much.

• It will be easier then for those who use anonymous feature more but difficult for us who don't hide themselves... ;)