Guru's and Masters, WHY?

Why is it that when gagers reach Guru level or Master, they suddenly believe they're some sort of professional. It only means they are spending far too much time on gag. It doesn't mean their opinions are more valuable than someone who is a level one.
I have noticed as soon as people reach that level they answer in a patronising way.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a tendency to ignore their posts since they tend automatically assume that they're right about every thing.

What Guys Said 17

• Yes, you are right in many cases, though hopefully not in mine. I really don't think my style has changed since I began as level 1

• Yes i agree, you are an exception

• This is because the meaning of Guru & Master is quite reputable. Who doesn't want to shine that prestigious badge?

However, after reading your question, I'm scared to reach GURU now.

• Haha yes, i will be watching for that. You are such a nice gagger, i hope when you get your guru badge it doesn't go to your head lol

• I promise that I won't change. And thanks for your nice words, ameliorated my senses ^_^

• I never really noticed this myself, but I'm sure it's probably happened. I hope I'm not guilty. LOL

• This question isn' t meant to offend anyone. It's just something i am very aware of. Thanks for your opinion

• Hmmmmm, I don't think so?

Did you have a question removed recently?

• No , not at all. I was referring to a gager who had her post removed on this question. You answered a minute after her comment

• I haven't noticed any of that. Then again I dint know why anyone would pay attention to those things. People get master and guru status because of XP. Some people like myself have had an account for years. There are days I don't feel like posting and some days I may have a chunk of free time. Sounds like you just got in an argument with a master or guru and feel like generalizing really.

• Hell if I know, I can assure you, there is absolutely no difference in the way I speak when I was a beginner, to the way I do now even though I'm a Guru.

I still don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

Depicted below is a mental description of how I think in video form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9E8cH_jK2Q

• I can't help being a dick.

• I feel like she just can't handle the truth.

• @Rcjh1987 that's because @misscoffeehead is as cray as!

• @rcjh1987 and Berty yes I'm cay cray 🙈

• Yeah, they think they so smart and stuff you knw

Talkin like they know stuff or whatever

One time a guru answered my question and im like "Bitch get a life"

Who do they think they are? They dont know me!

• Most of the GAGers on here with the Guru or Master rank are pretty down to Earth and don't act as conceited as you described, although there are certainly some who DO act like that.

And there are a few who are at those levels because they literally do nothing else with their time.

Like a certain guy from the UK who just recently became a "Master" and posts annoying polls about music from the 80's that only a few people still listen to.

• 0|0
  • I think it's the other way around.

Know it alls who can't shut up reach master status.

Yeah. I'm aware.

• I get paid thousands of dollars to be here?

It's part of my contract?

rs1img.memecdn.com/nothingtodohere_o_158473.jpg

• No, I'm a professional.

• Just cause I'm Guru i don't think i am special privilge person on gag
    i work hard to help people out so i earn my spot where i am at i don't
    spend countless hours putting my time on gag to waste.

• I do not believe I'm a professional I know I'm still an idiot.

• You aren't a Guru or Mater though

• Actuallyy i feel that they get egoistic... but anyways... what can you do? people change with time and situation!

• Yes, but people should change for the better. They become arrogant.

• Welcome to the so called blue planet!

• they have earned that right

• That is an absolute ridiculous remark. Noone earns the right to look down on anyone.

• I meant they answer in a sarcastic way which might be seen as patronizing.

• Cause spending time on gag for thousands of hours gave them life experience..

What Girls Said 11

• not all of us feel that way. some do try to just gain xper as fast as possible by spending their whole day on here lol, but others have just been around for awhile and deserve to have those titles.
    some people like charismatic110 for example hasn't been around for that long yet she's been appointed moderator because she's such a lovely presence round the site and she's not even a 'guru'.

i believe the MHO% is more important than the status.

PS: if iv ever come across to anyone in that way please know that isn't my intention lol. I'm not obsessed with xper pts.

• U dun knkw me!!!

• fair enough, but ill say not necessarily. i consider mine a good figure and I'm not inside a lot nor am i on social media for a large portion of the day. I'm a pretty social person, and I'm just one example.
      yours is good too, and I don't know what your life is like.

• damn @kheserthorpe

• I don't feel that my posting style or tone in my posts has changed since reaching the Guru level. It took me 6 years to get to this level anyways and I'm only at 30,000 something points at that. I don't spend a whole lot of time here each day as you can tell from how long it's taken me to reach Guru, compared with other users who've done it within 3 months.

I am not a professional by any means and I just answer questions based on what I think or my own experiences with the same issues.

There are Guru and Master users who are arrogant and patronizing, but there's also a lot of newer or lower level members who behave that way as well.

• If I am being a know it all though, don't be afraid to tell me, lol. I want to make sure my opinions are helpful and informative to people.

• I haven't noticed that. I try to give advice here but I'm in no way a professional and I answer questions in the same way I did when I first joined the site. I've seen some Guru's answering in rude, sarcastic, or patronizing tones but I've also seen tons of non-Guru's answering questions in those ways too so I don't think it has anything to do with a person's xper ranking, in my opinion.

• you can't generalize it

• Well most of the Guru's and Master's I'm familiar with have held that title since I joined so I can't really say if it changes them or not. I think the only person that has become a Guru since I've been here is @JackKerouac77 and he hasn't changed.

I try to value everyone's opinion regardless of what level they're on. The level doesn't define anything for me. I'm much more interested in how much effort you put into your answers. Hang in there and don't let it get to you that much! 😊

• Trust me, I'm a doctor.

(I wish I were a Guru or Master for this to have made more sense lol :/)

• *suddenly has a third arm from surgery* wait a minute, i just wanted to donate a kidney O. o

• * comedian

• @Toad-1 lol Still trust me.

@asker why thank you ma'am. :)

• Because those masters worked for that title, dammit.

http://memeshare.net/memes/13/12420.png

• I think you're taking this site way too much serious.
    Some try to help each other. Some have fun. Some are creepy. Some are unnecessary. Just like random site.
    Try to have fun.

• Maybe it's cause they've been on the site for a long time and can recognize "annoying" questions from a mile away haha I don't actually know

• HA, a title is power. Power does strange things to people lol

• U sound patronizing there yourself?
    Are U one of them Guru's
    We can't tell with U being anon and all?