Do you think GAG should make it possible to block users who are under the age of 18?

No offense, but most adolescents give piss poor, sh*tty advice. They like to think they know everything and that they are mature for their age. Yet the reality is most of them haven't yet experienced the issues I may have. Realistically, I would NEVER go to a 15 or 16 year old for advice -_- It's annoying how these children are so nosey and try to force their presence where it may not be wanted by lying about their age. The whole vibe shifts when you have a teeny bopper displaying their prideful immaturity on a post and I just want nothing to do with it.

Is there anyway to make this possible? What do you think?

• Yes, GAG should create a way. I'm an adult and I would like adult insight, not adolescent insight.
  • No, GAG should not find a way. I'm a nosey adolescent and I want to pretend I'm all grown up by speaking on issues I haven't encountered.

Most Helpful Guy

• Even though I'm all for freedom of speech, the kids on here are far more likely to write obnoxious, rude, immature, and flat out useless comments while they masquerade as experienced geniuses.

• So to answer your question, I voted A

• @Yeatts shut the fuck up and mind your own business. Stop judging me because you don't even know who I am. Like I said, I didn't come here for a "proper debate" so you can shove your little theory about debates up your ass. I don't care if you think I'm ignorant: you don't know who I am so stop overestimating the value of your impartial perspective on me as a person. Just because you and some others like to come to GAG so you can stroke your ego and feel like you've accomplished something by debating/arguing doesn't mean that's the intent behind every other QA.

• Jesus I'm 13 and I give better advice than you

What Guys Said 25

• No, we shouldn't exclude them. You are 18-24. You don't know nearly as much about the world as you think you do. Do you really think people in their fifties respect your opinion as much as the opinion of their peers? No they don't. Every generation thinks people even a few years younger doens't know what they are talking about. It has always been like that.

Young people need to be allowed to participate in more mature conversations if they are going to learn anything. They may not always know what they are talking about, but that is typically because they give the same crap advise they are being given all the time. It can help adults to realize that their own children need better advice than what is often being given. It also gives others a chance to talk to the young person, and explain something better to them, so they can start to look at it from a better point of view.

Even if they did get banned young people would just lie about their age. I would think with all of your years of wisdom, you would have figured out by now, that you can't keep young people off of a web site by using age restrictions. So all you are doing is being incredibly rude to young people, when there is no reason to be, and nothing to gain from it.

• I don't care if you think I don't know as much about the world as I claim to. Perhaps YOU didn't know as much about the world as you thought you did when you were 18-24 but I have traveled the world fighting for this country and getting shot at so don't discredit my journey AS AN ADULT because I'm not damn near 40. There's a significant difference between being an ADULT who provides for yourself and gets shot at for a living vs being an adolescent.

• I am not trying to judge you for your age. I am just telling you, that in the real world people will look down on you for being either too old, or too young. You don't get extra credit on your years by going through certain events. Older people will still look down on you simply for being younger. No one can experience everything, and they will target the things you haven't gone through in order to prove to themselves that they are wiser than you. In fact a lot of people that have been divorced several times often feel they are more qualified to hand out relationship advise than people that have only been married once for far longer.

In an office setting your experience with getting shot at, won't mean anything to your older coworkers. Meanwhile younger people will see you as out of touch or old fashioned. People will look for any reason they can to look down on other people. Ageism is a very common problem that you are going to encounter sooner or later, as it gets used against you.

• You're talking too much and I'm not interested enough in your mouth to give you the time of day beyond this one sentence.

• So much ageism on GaG! Giggles.

By the way, I'm 12 and what is this?

• Na leave em be. As a grown ass person, y'all should've learned to just ignore it by now.

• ehh im cool, its the internet for one, and also i know not to give a fuck especially when it comes to the internet.

• And should us under 18s make it possible to block over 18s? Seriously, just ignore us. Down vote us. WHATEVER. It's the internet!

• Lol sure but what good would that be to you? So you could be stuck with the generally low quality, inexperienced points of view?

• lol I love your "don't give a f*ck" attitude ; )

• Yeah, you're right about that, but you know, I've seen over 18s do the exact same thing. Basically I think that everyone who does this is trying to get people to laugh for the upvotes.

• I mean I think I do pretty well for my part, it's really a double edged sword, you have teens with bad advice, and teens with good advice, just like any other age group, some people won't take advice from someone who's under 18 and that's cool, I get it, but I think completely dismissing well thought out advice due to age is a little close minded, solid advice is solid advice, no matter where it comes from, whether it be a 16 year old or a 60 year old

• I agree I don't value there responses all that much but I do think that age bracket needs a place like this to ask questions even if I don't answer the sex ones

• Im 17. I give helpful opinions as far as i believe. Occasionally, yeah, i will give a stupid or nonserious answer, but for the most part i will give a good opinion. Though i have to agree a lot of the users under 18 give shitty advice.

• Thanks for being humble enough to not be dismissive of the truth I mentioned

• No problem.

• no way... everyone's welcomed here.

after all you were 15 once weren't you?

• True but when I was 15, I wasn't inviting myself into grown folk's business, pitifully pretending to be a genius on matters I hadn't experienced personally.

• I really wouldn't object, theirs been a few brats I've encountered and then threw a fit when I corrected them, I don't like children anyways a lot of them can be annoying.

• No, I don't think so. It's up to each one of us taking the advices or not. They have the right to be here as much as we do.

• Yes, but I'd restrict it more to stop 14 year old's from asking questions like "how do I give a guy a boner" than to stop them giving advice.

It's not like I do that myself.

• "You don't know what I've been through, you don't know my life." -Anyone (not a serious quote)
    In all seriousness, you are generalizing and hating. A teen is the same as any adult, it all depends on mental maturity and physical brain development level. It kind of seems as if you're the one being nosey, because at your age, you should've learned to ignore idiots (as you're referencing, teens). So far, I've come across only 1 of what you described in the question description.

• Read the question thoroughly before you make assumptions. The first sentence clearly states "MOST" not all. Don't get so defensive that you make assumptions about me.
      This post is flooded with the people I described.

• I think people you block should not be able to see or post on your questions!!! Otherwise whats the damn point

• I agree with you.

• Thank you. Seriously, look at the majority of adolescents who answered and proved my point by throwing tantrums.

• Ohh see who's being childish and immature now I'm 13 years old, just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm dumb or not mature I have experienced a lot of bullshit in life that believe it or not, I bet you never experienced I chose B because its stupid when people assume people my age aren't mature, smart, or experienced. Asshole

• I like to see how the young think, bad advice or not.

• No, they will be old farts as all of us and need to learn stuff, anon option would allow you to put them in their place you know... just sayin'

• All you have to do is ignore the advice

• If someone under 18 is mature, respects all people, doesn't ask
    obnoxious questions than those are the ones you want keep
    Now you got know there are some old men as well as old women
    are using under 18 accounts not all them are under 18 in middle
    of day when they should all be in school. Some young guys are
    under 18 and they will open up female accounts to get off but anyone
    under 18 or older should not be asking obnoxious questions/ post
    so before we point fingers to one age group i think they all need
    to clean up their act on here with the sex questions..
    There is ones under 18 always trying to get older men
    in trouble i know one i got one blocked cause she's a bitch
    i went on google she has been banned from so many sites
    cause she is pure hater. Maybe GaG needs to have a
    pernanent banned with certain members who are always
    violating the rules and such.

• I like to think this place is a haven for all ages to talk. Yeah, I mean some people aren't as experienced in life yet, but thay doesn't make their advice not worth listening to.

Just because someone is eighteen does not make them qualified to answer. Everyone has different life experience. I'm certainly not the brightest person here but I like to think someone is affected by my advice.

That being said, some of the questions are annoyingly hypersexualized. I'd maybe prefer some sort of feed blocking tool like the bozo filter on Facebook that would weed out,

"I'm thirteen and my dick is three inches is that average?"

• I'm sure I've given better opinions to any question than you ever have, so no, but nice try. I don't see how you can call anyone immature if you're making a post whining about it and generalizing an entire age bracket to be know-it-alls. I'm on here to help people, and I don't see why my attempt to help rid someone of their problems/questions should be refused just because of my age. If I don't know the answer to a question, I'm not going to answer it, simple as that.

I don't see how you could automatically assume that anyone under the age of 18 is immature and has nothing to offer to you. I truly hope you'll mature and learn to respect all people's willingness to help you.

• Oh goodness. You are proving my point. Your entire answer is so whiny and butthurt. This is why grownups don't want to put up with your hormonal, adolescent BS. We're not your parents, we shouldn't have to deal with the burden of your pissy attitude.
      Most posts given by people under the age of 18 are absolutely useless. They're a bunch of children trying to pretend that they know everything.

• "@Nert73 You are a 13 year old child so know your place."

Nice maturity. I love adults that act like children but use their age as some sort of leverage on them.

And the poll implies that if you disagree with the asker's opinion, that you are a nosy adolescent. That's where I got 'all' from.

You're incredibly immature and it's sad to see someone judging people under the age of 18 for being immature while having this sort of display for yourself.

• I'm not listening to your mouth. You're a kid throwing a tantrum because you heard something that you didn't like. -_- I don't have to prove my opinion to you or argue against you to prove why what I think is right. This is exactly why I don't want adolescents anywhere near my GAG activity.

• These are usually the same ones that throw a tantrum if you correct them or openly disagree whit their opinion , so yes I would without a doubt be open to this option

• Exactly! You can see many of them doing just what you said on this post!

• I am seeing that now that you mentioned it

• "I'm not listening to your mouth."

I hope this is some sort of impression of an adolescent, because this shows no sign of maturity whatsoever. How can you argue that people under the age of 18 are immature if you're too immature to listen to anyone who disagrees with you?

Seen Above: A person, not under the age of 18, throwing a tantrum because someone (several) people disagree with her, and blocking comments for that opinion because of it.

"Your entire answer is so whiny and butthurt."

You are just too mature for me.

• Yea they are immature... N amateur... :-

• Ironically I think you should be able to age restrict questions just as you can restrict anonymous answers. lol. It's your question and your choice.

What Girls Said 28

• I have conducted an experiment about this before, I made an extra account with 18-24 age, I would talk the way I always do and give the same advice. On this account I was told I was a stupid child, on the other account my advice was appreciated and accepted. Really shows something about how society connects intellect to age and how older people think they are above the younger ones... Your question is very childish, first off you started with "No offense", you realize that makes it no less offensive. On your poll, the answer that agrees with you says a semi-sophisticated "Yes, GAG should create a way. I'm an adult and I would like adult insight, not adolescent insight". Whereas the answer that goes against your opinion says a very mimicking "No, GAG should not find a way. I'm a nosey adolescent and I want to pretend I'm all grown up by speaking on issues I haven't encountered" (You spelled nosy wrong, by the way). Oh well , imitation is the greatest form of flattery ma'am. Maybe you should think before insulting someones intelligence.

• You said it all!

• I don't care if I sicken you. You're a little 14 year old girl who doesn't even know anything about me or womanhood in general. Get over yourself.

• I hate it when people assume just because I'm young means my answers are wrong

• I'm of two minds on this one. On one hand everyone needs to learn how to behave on the internet. They learn by watching the community flow around them and see how people they like or admire react in certain situations. I mean, they have to figure out life isn't like a middle school hallway eventually right? And G@G is a pretty good place for them to learn since there's active moderation and a positive and supportive community.

On the other they can be so freaking annoying omg. I just want to reach through the computer and rub their smug little noses in their asinine answers. Uggggh. And the worst part is you don't want to just destroy them because they have to learn and it's not nice to make kids cry.

The other day there was an under 18 asking that if she was 15(but her bday is in 4 months okay) and the guy she likes is 23 is that too much of a gap since it's "not like 10 years". And all these little girls were like yeah sure! You do you if you feel mature enough. And it was like NO you're a kid! The other posters are kids! You are waaaay too young and should RUN from a guy that old when you're a teen.

I wish there was some way to balance out the two experiences :/

• With a question like that, it is a good idea for an older person to see and respond to that even though those questions are annoying. Especially when there's a bunch of other minors applauding stuff they don't really understand is harmful... I agree GAG can be a great place to ask these questions.

• LMFAO XD

That's diplomatic

• Thanks for just keeping it real and not tip-toeing around the fact that there's a legitimate undertone of truth to this question

• While there are a good quantity of minors on this site who tend to give fairly unhelpful and not very well thought out opinions, there are still many who are perfectly capable of giving intelligent input on many topics. Perhaps minors don't have very much experience in things like dating and such, but there are other topics that come up on this site that I have seen many minors speak intelligently on, and often far better than some of the adults on here. So I really think its far more intelligent to block people on an individual basis rather than blocking all individuals in a certain group just because some of them tend to be unexperienced.

• Yessssssss!!! PLEASE! I have NOOOO interest in what underage brats have to say. Normally I block them as I go.

If one answers one of my questions I go to their profile and block them. I don't want anything to do with them. And they are becoming a plague.

The other day a 14 year old girl answered my question "well I don't think couples have sex all the time" LOL like she knows all about life and crap
    I DONT EVEN KNOW ABOUT LIFE AND CRAP!

Sorry for the caps but teens really annoy me.

• You were a teen before too... 😑

• It's ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. I get so disgusted and almost want to vomit when I see 13 and 14 year olds asking about how to suck d*ck. WHAT THE HELL.

• Life boils down to two things, common sense and logic. As long as you have that, you're more then capable of advising someone (no matter what your age is). I don't believe you need to experience something, to understand it. I also believe that experience can make a person jaded and corrupt their view about things. So, though experience is a bonus. It's not necessary to answer certain questions, because most of then are just common sense.

I've been on here for 3yrs and I've seen more immature adults who think they know everything, then I have young people. Maturity isn't about age, it's about the person. So, there are young people capable of giving wise advice. So, I don't think you should block young people from answering, that wouldn't be fair. I promise there are more young people with pearls of wisdom to give, then there are adults (at least on this site anyway). Personally, I think the whole blocking thing general in childish but that's just me.

• I've been told many times by users that I'm very mature in my opinions and that I'm helpful and they respect me and my opinions. How is "no offense" going to cover up the fact that most people under 18 are more mature than you seem to be? If you think we're so immature, maybe you should take a look at that useless rant you just posted for the people of the internet to see, just so they can judge you and think you're whining about people younger than you. If we're so annoying, just leave.

• Same to you. You are really being bratty. I'm being calm. You need to relax and be the wonderful, mature, perfect adult that us kids will never be.

• You didn't even respond to my opinion. Thanks! Thanks for the maturity! How inspirational? 😮

• My bratty mouth... my sister who doesn't exist and my mom who is less mature than myself... my excessive verbal tantrum... keep dreaming. You just perfectly described yourself.

• I was going to agree with you-I try to be tolerable in this site, (but of coarse some times my youth does show with smart answers) and help others. For the most part, I answer questions I know something about, and not sex/marriage questions I have no experience with.

But, then I saw some of the responses you gave to people. They were defensive and superior, as if you know everything. In fact, I found them as pointless and rude as some of the ones us under 18s give. The whole purpose of this site is to get view points from people of all ages to your questions, not block them because you don't value their (yes, sometimes useless) opinions.

We can be annoying. Definitely. But so can people older. I'm not trying to offend you, or the people my age, but I'm just calling it how I see it.

The best solution? Ignore them!

• Not that I know everything but that I know how I personally feel. I know what my personal opinion is and a bunch of defensive, whiny rants from teenagers is not going to change that. Having some adolescents try and argue with me about why I'm wrong and they should be allowed to butt into my very adult business is draining and I'm not tolerating it. So while I may have came off that way, you have to remember that you don't actually know me. You don't even know my name and all you can form of me are guesses based off of one single glimpse of me.
      Anyhow, thanks for your very mature, well spoken answer

• I mostly agree. Make it under 20. :P
    but this is not gonna happen. So i block when i see them make a stupid comment or belittling others. Or trying to tell how people express their opinion.

• Thank you. It's nice to know that it's not just me.

• And your maturity really shines through this doesn't it? Bless your soul.

• Lol, exactly what I was talking about child. Thanks for being such a great visual aid AnonNK123

• Well, if you could step back and consider this for one moment, maybe if you didn't act the way you did we wouldn't feel the need to introduce you to a world of a broad mind. If I didn't know your true age I would consider you younger than me, through your use of portraying opinions, your grammar, your stubborn attitude and your choice of vocabulary.

• Sorry but you're a 16 year old child, I don't care how you feel or what you think about me.
      I'm not trying to live up to a 16 year olds standards so maybe your little bold comments impress you but I sincerely don't give a f*ck. Stop wasting your time.

• Older people could say the same about you. I've experienced more than you ( by your own logic), so should I request GaG to enable me to block users who are 18-24?

• Sure, if that's what you'd like to do then that's your business.

• Nope. That's totally different. There's a significant difference between being an adult who has experienced college, living on my own, legitimate heartbreak, a legitimate sex life, paying bills and more very adult experiences that primarily occur when you are beyond the age of 18 vs being AN ADOLESCENT *by law* who's brain has not completely finished developing according to psychology who is most likely to give bratty, whiny, useless answers. The age group 18-24 is significantly different than under 18 including a bunch of 13 and 14 year olds who just discovered their genital -_- Stop pretending they're the same thing.
      To be honest, I don't care if you think I sound mature because of "this post". My place is bigger than proving my maturity to some momentary stranger on GAG.

• You're clearly not different, or you would understand that you could simply ignore their answers, instead of asking a "bratty, whiny, useless question."

• When u want to know what cool and hip to wear don't come back to us stylish teenagers. Go get your advice from some 50 year old lady. Ya know bc all of them have great taste ( not all but most I see).

• I disagree... I feel as though adolescents are capable of offering a unique and perhaps innocent view on things. I don't believe our opinions should be disregarded due to our ages. Our experiences and thought processes may differ from yours. i agree that some people under the age of 18 are disrepectful but people above the age of 18 are disrespectful as well. I wish your poll had given options. If one was to choose an answer in the poll it would essentially only tell the age group of that person, which is why i chose to respond.

• I think there is a more mature way that you could have expressed that.

• lol I'm sure there is but my life has and continues to request maturity from me in various different ways. I don't feel the need to prove that to a bunch of strangers on GAG and I could care less if they cosign my maturity

• I have freedom of speech just like everyone else don't get mad because you did not make any valid points in your rant. We don't have to agree on this site i'm not sure if you know that since you have made it your mission to argue with everyone that disagrees with you like every other person that only asks questions seeking validation

• I can type as much as I want

• I've actually gotten a lot of stupid comments from people over 18 on my questions. It honestly depends on the person. You can't just stereotype one group of people and say they're all bad.

• Gotta agree with you girl. Sometimes the 18-24 age group users are the ones giving stupid comments/opinions. I think it's equally the same. Some teens/adolescents matured earlier and I've seen many of em giving good and helpful comment as well.

• Lmao I agree 100%.

• I apologize, for the people who have been obnoxious, rude, immature, and give bad advice. But don't you think that it's quite rude to just sterotype the rest of us as 'Typical teenagers." I believe never once has any of us said that we were geniuses, nor did we say you had to follow our advice, but it doesn't mean you have to be obnoxious, rude, and immature as well. Who knows maybe one day a younger person may give you fantastic advice and you would have ignored it and regretted it. Please try to reconsider this again sometime in the future. Besides people are always going to find there way to do this anyways. Not to mention there is also the freedom of speech that everyone is aloud to have. Since your an adult shouldn't you be the bigger person as well instead of doing something like this? Beside growing up, is "LEARNING from your mistakes you may or may not make" I sincerely hope you will consider all this in the future miss.

• I think it's ironic that you called them all hormonal and immature when in your question and replies, you're the epitome of hormonal and immature.

• i feel like I should be offended lol but I'm more mature than people my age... so I've been told 😄

• Don't see the point of that. They can just make an 18+ account.

• Somebody hate kids.

• oh... thanks by the way IF PEOPLE HAVE EVER ASKED WHY I BECOME ANONYMOUS ITS BECUASE SOME OLDER PEOPLE HAVE TOO HIGH OF A CONFIDENCE TO THINK THAT THEY can't LISTEN TO WHAT YOUNGER PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS... Oh when you have kids and you come asking 4 advise, I hope no one under 16 responds cause no advise is better when it is from someone who just experianced it

• I meant to press 18

• Adolescents ared not to all nosey. Yes I seem nosey for answering this, but its on my feed. Not all under 18 people are nosey and obnoxious. If you were raised the way I was, with discipline and respect, then no you won't be that way. There are a lot of people in today's society that do and say stupid things because they want to fit into a community that is ridiculous. I certainly know that I haven't experienced things that adults have and I can't pretend to be someone who knows everything because I don't. It leads to a pile of trouble. If you feel there are some adolescents that truly get to you, that's understandable, but not all teenagers are wreckless and absurd as they are told to be. There are still students, like me, who can't stand the immaturity of my classmates, that work a responsible job, that have high expectations, and can remain classy wherever I go. No, I'm not faking this comment either, its how I feel. So don't always jump too close to a far conclusion. We aren't all like that, even though there are many that are. Please.

• Umm no? The old people need to learn something and we're saving them from turning monochrome.

• Hmm, I'm sorry you feel that way, but all of us are not like that. Every time I give out advice I, put myself in the position of the asker and answer their question to the best of my ability. You don't have to take our advice, but calling us whiney and nosey is really ignorant.

• You should be really proud of yourself because the way you just presented yourself was very mature. I can tell your parents did a good job home training you and teaching you how to be vocal with respect and courtesy. Anyhow, in the original post I made it clear that not all of you guys are that way but many of you are. The ones who genuinely aren't seem to be a needle in a haystack although pretty much all of you guys think you aren't

• Yes, that isn't your job, but you did say "I'd rather just not speak to them at all hence this question. "

• If she bothers you, block her and move on.

• Some questions should be closed to people under a certain age.

• You were once a nosy adolescence so yeah we might be annoying but everyone put up with u so suck it up and deal with us. I may want an under 18 advice my all you old hags acting all wise and godly. You put up with me I put up with u that simple

• LOL! Get lost, kid...

• @binkamadink, do you feel better now? Discriminating against a whole group of people because of their age? OH HOW THIS WORLD IS FULL OF ILLOGICAL IDIOTS!

• "You put up with me I put up with you that simple."
      I don't think so. Get over yourself. I'm not your mother and I'm not entitled to put up with your hormones, immaturity, and adolescent phases. Your answer is the exact reason me and others do not want to hear the mouths of people who are under the age of 18. You guys are annoying and you dilute the vibe.

• I feel like in this situation you're assuming that all teenagers at that age won't know anything about something you're possibly experiencing. Everyone has a different life situation. What may have taken you years to experience could have been introduced into a younger persons life much earlier. Yes I agree that some people that young are very ignorant and believe they know everything but not all are. Say you have a very insecure gurl who comes here to try and help people by giving them advice, or even a boy, how do you think it feels for them to be added to the masses of ignorant children their age? As I said not all people are alike and this question is very rude to people that age who are mature and may know more about certain things than people older than them would.

• I appologize for the incorrect grammar. That may make me seem ignorant but it's harder to type words with auto correct than to actually write them. I assure you I know how to spell and use grammes correctly.

• I agree about a 13 year old, because at that age rarely anything life changing happens. Even though it could. I'm saying at around 15/16 high school starts. Where children grow up. I know friends who have had sex on many occasions and know quite a lot about it. Having said that they aren't 13. I agree that at a certain age some children think they know everything about anything because when I was 12/13 I did but then I realised I didn't know shit. I have personally experienced many things ti a point where I could give honest good advice and maybe help some people unless they're plain ignorant people who won't take advice from someone my age (15). I'm not saying I know everything I'm just saying I may know more about a certain subject than some people older than me. Say there is a girl the same age as you and an adult you could have more experience about something than she does. Age doesn't stop how much experience or knowledge someone can have.

• Hmmm I don't know if I consider high school a place where kids grow up anymore. After living on a college campus for a couple years you'll see that there's still a lot of growing up that needs to be done lol.

• Nah. Not everyone is like that.

• Aww, some butt hurt people down voted me! Boo hoo

• Here, let me thumbs you up. People always say discrimination is wrong but look at us now, being discriminated for our age!